1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

MUFC 4 Chelsea 0

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bristol Blue, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

A worrying result in Frankie Lampard’s first Premiership game as manager. We controlled the game for most of the game and Man U were superb on the counter attack. Man U gave us a lesson in finishing and winning well and I haven’t seen them do that to us in years.

Naas Blue likes this.
  2. CFC: Champs £launderx17

We got turned over and punished in transition.

Need fit Rudi and Kante super fast for super Frank

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Also we lack goals from midfield besides a never fit RLC.

Hopefully CHO can get some and Pulisic.

Naas Blue likes this.
  4. Bristol Blue

Personally, I put it down to the lack of experience of Frankie Lampard as manager. We played open and expansive football in an away cauldron with some players in the side fresh from Championship level football. It can only get better, but it was a poor result.

5. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

A worrying result alright BB. We all know it's going to be a tough season for sure. It certainly will take Frank a while to find his feet but Zouma having a "mare" in the 1st half and Pedro giving the ball away so much didn't help ! Throw in hitting the woodwork twice and all the possesion we had it's not all doom and gloom. Look on the bright side if Stan was still here he would have already started a "Lampard out" thread !!!

Bristol Blue likes this.
  6. Bristol Blue

Well, Blackburn Rovers won the Premiership in the mid 1990s without beating any of the top 6 sides - if memory serves me correct. Man U look a top 6 side. There is hope for Frankie Lampard to do a ‘Blackburn Rovers’. :1980_boogie_down:

7. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Top players dont in most cases make top managers....Bobby Charlton, John Charles. Sol Campbell just to name three and there are many many more, So dont expect Frank to be brilliant and a top manager as he is not. Great player though...

Bristol Blue likes this.
  8. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Odd game, luck wasn’t on our side and a really poor error from Zouma cost us. I think that starting XI today is about 5 from our strongest. Rudiger, Kante, Loftus Cheek would definitely be in it and probably one if not both of Willian and Hudson Odoi. Come the end of the season James will be full back too, Azpi is slowly going the same way as Ivanovic did.

We did play some nice stuff though, Kovacic had a good game, Emerson too. To be fair, most of them did for 60 minutes. Seemed to go wrong when Barkley went off....

Anyway, despite losing 4-0 I don’t think they’ll be many points between us at the end of the season and I still think both of us could miss out on the top 6.

BobbyD likes this.
  9. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Well today was a very poor result. I liked how we tried to counter and be direct but we were generally very poor in the second half compared to the first.

Mount looked pretty good first half minus his faux pas when given opportunities to shoot twice.

Barkley actually was pretty good, was strong and tricky but lacked the killer ball.

Pedro was hit and miss. No idea why mount and barkley were often ahead of him when pedro is our most inconsistent but electric player. Hes always been ropey in possession though and it was his error that led to the initial goal.

Zouma had a terrible game and i thought christensen could have played better.

Most of all i thought our full backs were too high (one or the other) and so got caught on the break. Very naive against a united side who are all quick and the cover was jorginho (slow) and kovacic.

Tammy needs to learn to hold the ball better but hes pretty quick and strong. Just needs a better touch. We didnt really get to see if he can finish

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Could have been better, but some positives, especially in attack. 4-0 was harsh, and I thought the tackle on Abraham that led to goal 2 was a definite foul, both arms around, pulled down for mine. Goal 3 was just dreadful and 4 a tad lucky with the deflection.
    Can't believe people thought Barkley was good, I thought he was piss poor. Seldom in the right place, gave ball away, left gaps down his side. Just when I hoped he'd step up, he stepped back. He has all the skills ,all the attributes except the most important, he doesn't have a football brain.
    Anyway, Dave does looks like he is starting to go off the boil, just like Brana, as Gareth says. Early days, but there were signs last season. Emerson was miles better, big +.
    Zouma was dreadful and Christensen not too flash either. Without Kante, defence looks seriously bad. Jorghino looked pretty good , Kovacic much more willing and attack minded. Mount showed poise and flair ,made a couple of poor judgements in front of goal, but looks the business.Tammy Abraham did himself no favours, unlucky miss but too often and too easily dispossesed a la Morata. Also too slow to spot opportunities close in. Pedro was Pedro, but no goals for all his efforts. Kepa was OK. Kante fit again will be a big help to CDs', and they need it. Guess this starting line up needs a couple more games to ensure they all get the chance to improve before ringing the changes, though Kante in is essential, until our injured reinforcements return. Willian has become invisible???

Bristol Blue likes this.

11. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes
    Yes to all this

I don't think Azpi will ever have as poor a game again

12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Kante in for Kovac and Rudiger for Zouma and that'll improve you, I don't think that yesterday is a total disaster if you#d have got a goal Utd would have struggled as you would have dropped off leaving less psace behind instead of pushing up and leaving yourselves exposed.

13. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes, Rudi was our only solid CB last season.

We lack goals from midfield too when Cheeky is injured/not fit. He made a real difference last season to our firepower, he has a lot of goals in him. CHO does too.

Shame he will always be injury prone

14. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Yesterday (with hindsight) Azi at CB and Alonso at FB would have given you a bit of experience at the back and an attacking threat.

15. CFC: Champs £launderx17

I think we would have lost anyway, but not by so much.

Mount looked talented but needed to be more decisive.

Be great to see RLC Mount CHO and Tammy in same side one day

16. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Well we expect this season to be a bumpy ride even though the scoreline was flattering to the Mancs - we need to give Frank some slack as he’s been given a thankless task courtesy of the gods upstairs (one transfer ban is unfortunate but to pick up another is carelessness)...keep the faith.

17. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt luvvy but alonsos a left back mate lol.

Emerson played just fine

luvgonzo likes this.
  18. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Thought Emerson could play both? Anyway that was my thinking.

19. CFC: Champs £launderx17

yes thought he was decent

20. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Actually thought Emerson was our best player and deserved a goal.Could of done without that as our first game,always difficult.
    Was never a 4-0,but when your lucks out its out.Zouma in Christensen need Kante in front of them and i don't agree with Berkley
    on the left.I'm staying positive,Jose says we can make top 4!!!....COYB'S