1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mourinho's not right for you

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by danishqp, May 16, 2013.

1. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

Now I know that 50% will reply stating that I should have enough on my plate with the ongoing disasters at Loftus Road without worrying about you lot, but unfortunately my 9 year old is and always has been against all odds a psycophantic Chelsea fan, in fact I thought he was going to explode last night when Torres scored!!

My point - Can see Mourinho coming back being at best a damp squib and at worst set you back 3 years. It is not outside the realms of possibilities that your midfield for 1st game next year consists of Lampard, Mikkel and Essien!! I honestly don't believe that he will accomadate your 3 maestros as he just doesn't play that way.

Also, you guys should remember the end of his reign where he brought in an awful load of cac and still played them! To my mind, you're recent transfer policy has been fantastic and will be interesting to see if this continues or if Mourinho is allowed free reign.

To my mind Mourinho needs you alot more than you need him, he brings with him a circus and siege mentality that does nothing for your branding and his football is not always easy on the eye.

Taking into account that you've effectively played most of this season with 10 men - As Ba is crap and Torres is just simply the biggest enigma in football (one minute looking sublime and back to his best - the next seemingly never having played the game before!) I think you've weel over performed. Benitez seems to be the first to realise that Luiz is a midfielder which provides the best shape for the 3 amigos, will Mou do the same?

Sorry, I see you going back to being a circus, not playing exciting football and everything needing to be a war - them against us - You'll certainly challenge for Premiership next year but then I think that would have been a given under anyone!!

Just my opinion - Chelsea will be making a grave mistake taking Mourinho back.

2. BelugaWhale

BelugaWhale Member

While I actually agree with the general sentiment of your post, I think your image of Jose is stuck firmly in the 2007. In JM's favour, his style has evolved with European football. I think he will definitely get the best out of Hazard, and Mata will be our version of Ozil. What he does with Luiz will be interesting as there's no way Luiz will afforded the same leeway to take risks as he has done. I don't think Oscar will get as much game time, but Chalobah and Lukaku are definitely Jose style players.

It will be interesting either way, and if there's one thing that Jose brings, is a strong winning mentality. He will definitely improve our points total, if nothing else.

3. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thank you for the post and it was a very good one I might add.

I respectfully disagree with a couple of points.

Mourinho is an excellent counter attacking manager, the best there is IMO. With players like Hazard, Oscar, Mata and soon to be Schurrle I actually think that quartet would be ideal for him especially with Ramires in the side.

The myth about Mourinho not playing attractive football is a strange one. I'd watch Real Madrid any day over Barca.

I disagree with Luiz as well, I think the game sometimes bypasses him in midfield. I think he offers a lot more in defence. I would rather see Oscar in the pivot and then introduce Schurrle out wide.

4. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

Dont make the mistake of thinking Jose will have a free reign! No one at Chelsea in the employ of Roman Abramovich will ever have that! He will be given a clear set of rules about what he can and cannot do and these will in part be governed by FFP! I am expecting more chances given to the many excellent youngsters we have and I feel he should be instructed to take this on board!

5. BelugaWhale

BelugaWhale Member

Conversely, don't make the mistake of thinking that Jose would return to the club under the same conditions and stipulations as previously, and with previous managers. Things went south for a reason last time, so do expect that he will push for more control over all aspects of the club, and that Roman will agree to this.

6. Varier2

Varier2 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ignore.

7. Varier2

Varier2 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A very interesting post, and I have chatted about some of these points with mates as well.

I reckon Mourinho will know what talent he has, and he will utilise it correctly. I doubt we will return to the power house 05 team we were, Jose has adapted since then.

I am very interested to see how he develops our players though. Mata will surely be made to work on the defensive side of his game, and will hopefully be made a more complete player. Hazard will flourish in my eyes. Can see him being a truly sensational player under Jose. I actually think Oscar as well will grow. I think Jose would see him as the deep play maker of the side, and thats a role I think he'd fit perfectly. The quick ball playing CDM is the fashion coming now, not the quick power houses of old.

Luiz back to CB. Enough of this CDM nonesense, hes better are more useful at CB.

8. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

And that is my point, is Mou able to take directives and if so, how long before he feels disenchanted and unloved? - Statement remains, Mou needs Chelsea much more than Chelsea needs Mou

9. chelsea - over 100 years of history

To be honest, he must know by now he is running out of options with the big clubs. United and Bayern have both appointed someone else, bridges burnt at Barca, he hates it in Italy etc...

I think he needs a stable job for a few years now before he winds down with the Portugal job. I think there defo needs to be some compromises with both Jose and Roman for this to a) happen and b) last.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Interesting points made by everyone. The expression "you can't warm up old coffee " has logic, but will that be the case with Jose ??
    Jose will bring some wonderful qualities to us, and just possibly some not so wonderful ones.
    I certainly don't want to see our attacking style revert to his old defensive one.
    My hope is that like us, Jose has moved on to a more rounded style of play, and all the work done in building the team to the almost finished article, is not thrown away with loads of new signings and instant changes.
    That's what AVB was asked to do and it backfired spectacularly.
    Like everyone else, I can't wait to see 1. IF he actually comes, and 2 WTF he will do !!!!

11. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Count me in, on the way Real play, as to how Barca play. Jose is adaptable and can play differing formations, depending on the opposition. Given the squad we have now the only problem we will have is how he utillises them.

12. Cech-Headguard

Jose has also always said he would like to win the CL with and English club before he retires and we are in the habit of winning European trophies as of late.