1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Most disliked Wycombe player

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by devonblue, Aug 29, 2011.

1. devonblue

devonblue Member

Like any other club, Wycombe have had their fair share of players that us, the fans, love to hate or would rather forget. Who would you choose and why? Im happy for people to include players that were disliked during their time at the club/for the reasons they left/for who they went to play for etc - only stipulation is that they have must have played for us.

Mine-

MICKEY BELL- When he played for us, I thought he was the best left back we ever had. After a couple of successful seasons for us, Mickey handed in a transfer request because he wanted to play at a higher level - fair enough you might think - Wimbledon, Preston and even a Spanish side were rumoured to be interested. But no, the little sh*t signed for Bristol City who were in the same league as us!

JERMAINE EASTER - came to us from Stockport as a nobody, ended up refusing to play for us. A good example of a player who thought he was bigger than the club.

MICHAEL DUBERRY - money grabbing has been. You know the rest!

DAVID FARRELL - might not be some peoples picks but he was utterly dreadful in his time with us. Much was promised and his neat stepovers were Ronaldo-esque. Unfortunatley his skill level was more Devonblue-esque!

2. theblues

theblues Member

I know this has always been contentious but mine is Matt Harrold. He never put his body on the line for any header, in fact he used to duck out of the way, and he always moaned to his team mates whenever he missed a chance, somehow it was never his fault. Adding to this he sometimes wore yellow boots, which I always feel shouldn't be done unless you are a fantastic player, which Harrold wasn't. Also, the crap that the Bucks free press always wrote about him like 'he is a clinical poacher' or 'he is great in the air' always got me annoyed when it couldn't be further from the truth. Lastly, some fans still liked him, which I simply cannot understand, but we still always hear someone remarking that he was a great player.

3. devonblue

devonblue Member

Yeah yellow boots look silly.

4. 123..

123.. Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  5. devonblue

devonblue Member

Controversial as ever <laugh>

6. 123..

123.. Member

7. Murray

Murray Active Member

Has to be said ... Easter was a bit of a dick.

Just look at Le Fondre for Rotherham ... clearly playing well below his station for the last 12 months, but still declares he's happy to be playing for the team and gives them his all for the first few games of this season before his inevitable transfer.

8. theblues

theblues Member

I'm not saying harrold was the worst player ever, in fact I usually would have had patience with him, as I am having with so far unconvincing players on this team at the moment. The reason I disliked him was his behaviour made him look like a complete twat, as explained above in my rant.

9. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

It's Tom Williams for me what a complete w***er

10. Bilversack

Bilversack Member

Ray Wilkins
    Nicky Evans
    ****ers
    The pair of them.

11. wandermagic

wandermagic Member

Yet more over the top opinions on Matt Harrold. He really wasn't that bad!

I know he's not a player, but Tony Adams is the one I disliked most after the way he left and things he said. What an absolute knob he was.

12. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

i was gonna say harrold but duberry for me was a twat who turned up just for the petrol money for his flash car and really didnt give a toss about the club or us fans

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There were lots of players I liked but trying to think of one I disliked is proving difficult. If I could interpret disliked as least rated then it I suppose it would have to be Duberry although I only saw him once and that was on TV. Managers would be a different story. Didn't like Smith, or Adams, or Gregory. 3 of the least motivational managers I've ever seen.

14. devonblue

devonblue Member

Adams was the biggest knob who ever set foot in AP.

15. Bilversack

Bilversack Member

No, Alan Smith was. I remember reading the Wycombe Star when Smith got the bullet and I think it was Glyn Creaser who said the players jumped for joy when he went.

Tony Adams was ****e, no doubt about it, but you have to admire his penchant for the ale and his innocent thickery. Apparently when he joined he wanted to take the team on a pre-season tour of Malaysia until someone pointed out it would cost more than the entire squad's annual wage bill.

Alan Smith was just a toady, money grabbing bullshitter who shat on the fans and the players alike before pissing off to get some cushty scouting job. He blamed the fans for the team's poor performances whereas Tony Adams admitted he was ****.

Dark days under both managers really, and thank god they're behind us.

16. LukeHarris

LukeHarris Member

17. Rocky blue army

alex revell was a w**ker the way he deserted us and he has just done the same to struggling orient

18. Finchyblue

Finchyblue Member

Rocky, seriously? We offered Revell only a 1 year contract in league 2 whereas Leyton Orient were prepared to offer him a 2 year deal. Hardly a desertion when after his impressive end of season form we weren't even prepared to offer him more than a year. Wouldn't you take the security of a 2 year deal in a higher division? I would say a stupid effort on our part.

I personally didn't have an axe to grind with Alan Smith, he was following Martin O'Neill so realistically unless he had instant success he was never going to be accepted, as the majority of our fans at that point only became "fans" on the back of the O'Neill wave of success. Look how others have struggled to follow Martin O'Neil along the way, Peter Taylor, Gerard Houllier He wasn't the nicest guy in the world but we have had far worse both in terms of managerial ability and leaving us with financial problems. The worst of the lot being John Gregory, awful football under him with a lot of premier reserve team players signed with wage increases in their contract at the end of their first season, regardless of how the team performed. Aston Villa did us a massive favour taking him off our hands, as we would have gone down that year I am sure.

19. 123..

123.. Member

20. Rocky blue army

i think revell likes deserting sinking ships ,at least thats the way it appears to me ,i might be wrong but thats my opinion.as for alan smith i never forgave him for changing our famous blue quartered shirt