1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Morning Everyone

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 19, 2013.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds are in negotiations with Bolton about Mills joining on a season long loan. Bolton, apparently are keen, as they are looking to offload his wages which are believed to be in the region of £20,000 a month.

Ex player Richard Naylor has been awarded a new contract with the academy. I'm being called into a meeting now, but will catch up later...

2. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Elland, this layout is just not acceptable.... I don't think we'll be able to manage

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

fooks sake, this layout is garbage .....

Can't wait until we hear a story about a decent player on his way for a medical

5. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

Morning!! Elland you layout layabout!!

6. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Same as yesterday and nothing happening. Lucky we landed our early landmark signing Smith to keep everyone happy. Glorious sunshine here in Eire land

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

YEP reckon we're after a young Hearts defender capped at U17 & U21 level, and a massive prospect. That one sounds very promising and the piece also goes on to poo poo Marlon King and Anthony Stokes but persists with Doyle from Wolves?

8. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

The Hearts defender, McHattie, is the type of player we should be going for, without a doubt. But he's a LB...don't see why we'd go for another one, it's the one area we have too many options - Warnock, Drury, White, Taylor!

9. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all. £20k a month for Mills? aka £5k a week. Sounds good to me.

10. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning all. Not happy about this shocking lay out <ok>

11. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

Sack the mod in Saintsland!<whistle>

12. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

What?? And make me pull my own weight? El does a superb job.

So I am going to reward him with this picture <ok>

please log in to view this image

13. White_Hand_Of_Ulster

Another mod could edit the layout if you could trust one of them to do it properly <whistle>

I'm well pleased with the fixtures - I'll get to the Brighton and Wendies games (as long as one of them isn't changed to Friday night)

14. Orion

Orion Active Member

Understand in principle why we should perhaps prioritise other postions, however (in my opinion):

Warnock - Class player. Certainly first choice but old/slow and won't last full season played week in week out without rotation
    Drury - He was barely used by the man who brought him in. Injury problems/not good enough?
    White - Not convinced he is a defender
    Taylor - Not good enough (yet)

If we get a good deal on a good LB we should take it. Ideally shipping others out of course, which may be a stumbling block I admit.

Just my opinion. However, I think its probably moot as I read BMD isn't looking for a full back

15. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

whats wrong with the lay out?

16. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

I agree with your Warnock statements however I do think he will mre than last the full season week in week out bearing in mind he's only 31, not super old. One of the only signings warnock made that really has payed off

Drury for me would be good enough to be first choice option at this level, warnock is better than him admittedly so a great player for back-up at this level. He is 34 so I could understand your previous quote about warnock being about Drury, he wouldn't be able to last the full season (probably). Maybe a little injury prone as well but we never were told why Warnock wasn't playing him, we just assumed he was injured but I think it was more because he wanted to fit in his "star" signing Peltier wherever he could and thought that was the best option for a time.

White is **** for me, get rid

Taylor is a young promising left back from what I have seen, good enough to be third choice and the only reason I would loan him is we have 2 decent options ahead of him and we can always recall if we want.

So while McHattie sounds promising it really isn't a position we need to be concerned with, I would prefer to sign another right back (lichaj) personally if we were to sign a full back at all that is

17. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced White is actually a footballer to be perfectly honest, if he wasn't an academy product I don't think he'd have many fans. Still holding out hope he'll prove me wrong but I can't see it happening.
    Not using Drury was one of Warnock's (many) mistakes - looked good when he played, and Peltier at LB was just suicidal.
    Agree with Warnock and Taylor, although I don't think Warnock is that slow - he's certainly no White, but he's not bad. We also have Danny Pugh who can play LB, although I have no idea what's happening with him, is he still transfer listed?

18. Orion

Orion Active Member

Sorry, I do agree about Warnock. Thought he was older. Still, rotation shouldnt just be a luxury we can do without. If Drury is capable cover in BMD's opinion then great!

Lichaj would be fantastic. He could compete for right back role, and provide 3rd choice cover at left back. And he's on a free!!! Hope he doesnt go to Forest, although, no doubt that's already a done deal? <grr>

19. Orion

Orion Active Member

Forgot about Pugh. Are we still looking to move him on? I thought he was off to Wednesday permanently?

20. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I won't be sorry if Pugh goes to the Wendies, but I'm not one of those that readily criticises him. I've always thought that he's given his all for us and has been fairly consistent, given that he was used in various positions in a sporadic manner. I don't know why he's always drawn such bad reviews. Is it all about his scum association? High wages? Lost on me.