1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

More questions than answers

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

If Staveley has previous for alleged tyre kicking and time wasting... then why are we only now hearing of it?

Expectations would have been managed better surely.

Why did Fatty even bother meeting with her if she is a tyre kicker?

Why also has the notoriously impatient Ashley waited since mid November (when the bid was put in) to close the deal down?

If there was no bid (as he says) why wait so long before pulling the plug?

Jim White said last night that the deal is still on the table and PCP are keen to do a deal still. Yet his Sky paymasters say the opposite?

Answers on a postcard.

2. Dimi

Dimi Active Member

Last I read PCP had put two offers in writing on the table £250m cash or £350m part cash part instalment with clauses (no doubt staying in the prem etc)

Fat mike wants £350m cash no ifs buts or maybe.

I can’t see anyone paying £350m cash upfront before the end of the season.

Interesting comparison to Villa was also made, their American owners wanted £200m whilst in the peen didn’t budge and then had to sell when they got relegated for £80m.

Something has to budge but I’m not sure knobhead will ever move from his position.

anyobrien likes this.
  3. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

As much as it sticks in my throat, we have to get behind everybody. We all need to be rowing in the same direction. This team, because of its obvious deficiencies, needs as much support as we can give. 1 or 2 points could make all the difference this season. Let's focus on helping the players as much as we can!

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

The problem is though, half of our fan base were brought up on the Keegan diet of football and so.. always seem to moan like fook during the match instead of supporting the team. I honestly wish some of them would stay away to make room for real supporters who want to support.

anyobrien and magpie290761 like this.
  5. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Maybe Ashley does actually want the deal to go through but only at a reasonable price, and I don't mean ridiculous, like the £400m-£450m that has been bandied about in the past. I don't think he's being unreasonable wanting somewhere between £300m - £350m given what he paid, has put in and of course wants to make a profit. In walking away he might just force their hand if they are indeed "devastated" about it falling through. I don't think it's dead in the water, we all know the fat **** likes a flutter so maybe it is just brinkmanship on his part to try and get it done and out of the way so we can all move on. Doesn't help Rafa of course and the timing sucks balls big time as it will scupper any plans we have to bring any players in this transfer window. He might just be gambling with our PL status if that is the case, but he can solve/prevent that pretty easily in my opinion. I'm not absolving him of any blame here or backing him in any way shape or form, he's a weapons grade **** of that there is no doubt....i just firmly believe that he's had enough and wants out, he just isn't gonna give us away.

LiamO, G4rdToonArmy and magpie290761 like this.
  6. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

He'd be a grade A idiot if he doesn't protect his investment though.

anyobrien and magpie290761 like this.
  7. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Tyre kicker <laugh>

8. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Poison dwarf says "he's just not going to spend £100m on players" before quickly pushing that number to "he won't spend £60m, £50m, £40m....". He also bleated on about our "bracket" - as if we should be proud that our transfer record is 13 years old and we physically won't spend more than £13m on a footballer.

I think we need to just forget the takeover; nothing at all will happen until we're mathematically safe. Staveley appears to have tried it on for that very reason, it hasn't worked. Might have got us more attention, though, so if we were to survive we might have more suitors.

Focus now is who we're going to bring in. Rafa will bring in players, regardless of budget, so if Mike says "have three" we'll get three. Rafa's already shown that he'll happily add **** as long as he has the headcount allowance.

9. Geordieginola

Geordieginola Well-Known Member

I just don't see how the value of the club in anyone's opinion is still at the £270m + mark.

The fact that he paid £130M + invested £130M means absolutely nothing whatsoever. It was an Investment for him and he has not grown that Investment! He has in fact asset stripped it.

The commercial revenue of the business has been severely impacted by the two relegation's we have gone through. Advertising revenue is lower than it was 10 years ago (after taking into account inflation) and the only saving grace is the fact that we are due (if we stay up) to benefit from the new TV deals.

The TV deal and staying in the premiership is the value of the club. Two things which are seriously in jeopardy if we do not pick up the points we need to stay up. Which is why IMHO the club is NOT valued at £270M+ because at this point we are far from safe.

I think we might have dodged a bullet with the PCP takeover, it always worried me why they are haggling over £50m here or there when a decent player costs this.

The BIG concern for me is the lack of academy players coming through the ranks. This is where the clubs outside the top 8 should be able to generate money going forward but ultimately playing staff that cost nothing.

It is here, the structure, the scouting and the coaching where I believe we have SIGNIFICANTLY under invested!!!!!

Is it because all the top clubs snatch up all the good young players? Maybe, in fact probably!

You could argue that this is the fault of the Premier League. How can the top four clubs be allowed to have 60-100 young players (under 21) on their books and loan 90% of them out? THEN COMPLAIN THAT THEY HAVE A SMALL SQUAD AND NEED TO BUY PLAYERS?

Ashley wont invest the money required to compete because quite frankly it would cost upwards of £300M to get anywhere near. He would never get this back.

This is why football is borked!

A quick note, it is widely reported that Sanchez will earn upwards of £400k a week to go to Man utd, plus signing fees, plus add-ons, goal bonuses etc et al. This is completely and utterly ludicrous. That one transfer alone is probably costing them for one player than it does for our whole first 11 on the team sheet against Swansea.

THAT MY DEAR FRIENDS IS CALLED PUTTING IT INTO PERSPECTIVE!

10. Lord Jonjomort

Yep, it's a fcking shambles. I think these questions and more should be put to the FA. Seems like they get away with absolute murder - even the government can't make them accountable.

In other news, since Beardo was shoved out, our U18s beat Man City, away, 5-2. The U23s have just thrashed Burnley - who had a 100% record - 4-0, also away.

Interesting, that. Maybe coincidence, maybe a sign of how useless our leadership is. Tenuously, the point here is how does a club like Newcastle get to operate with such blatant disrespect. Again, the FA need to step forward an explain, instead of hiding behind fcked up and outdated rule books.

Makemstine Roger likes this.

11. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  12. leez

leez Well-Known Member

m8 this is the **** you want to hear .... i like her statement .. need this fat parasite out of this club and area ..forever

RobEllious likes this.
  13. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

I just hope Ashley isn't the game of cutting his nose off to spite his fat ****ing face. If he reads that he's quite rightly gonna assume that a bunch of us are chucking our muck at the prospect of the takeover going through and think **** this, i'm gonna ruin literally every chance there is of that happening. Nothing would surprise me anymore!

Kryptonite likes this.
  14. Consett Mag

If she has the funds to allow modest purchases then good, but if her backers are more interested in making profit, then we'd just be swapping one taker for another.

Where are her real backers?

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  15. Lord Jonjomort

Consett, it's about HOW you make that profit. For the Fat ****, it's all about profit for his sweatshops. Free advertising, global branding, he couldn't give two ****s about the club. For PCP it would be directly related to the success on the pitch - they may need to gain profits, but the more the success, the higher the profit. This is a fundamental difference we all know, but often overlook.

16. Consett Mag

I'm not complaining that people might be out to make profits. Companies need profits to avoid going bust. We're not Man City, Chelsea or PSG. Our owner must make profit.

But Ashley has got us to be the lowest spending in January in this league. Some achievement. Clubs with far small numbers of paying fans have better teams than we do, and will outbid us for anyone they want.

But with 50k+ fans every week, huge Sky money and Fun88 sponsorship - where are the funds going? Ashley can't say that there's not much income, so Rafa can have a couple of loans. He may be taking the income and either giving it to himself or some of his business associates.

If this amounts to a bad transfer window, the plan for the future is clear. Rafa would be a fool to stay.

leez likes this.
  17. daztoc

daztoc Well-Known Member

Rafa will see out the season ................... then walk away unless the PCP deal is revived if / when mathematical safety is achieved.