1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Money Where Your Mouth Is!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by DirtyFrank, Feb 5, 2016.

1. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

So Stan and I were discussing this the other night. We all talk a good game but can we put our money where our mouth is? Better still can we do it for good causes?

If enough people are up for it we need to set some ground rules. These would be my suggestions:

1. When placing or accepting a bet you name the bet and your charity of choice.

2. If you accept a bet you reply to the post of the one stating the bet.

3. A person can accept the same bet from different people but they are separate bets: No two v one bets.

4. Anyone that welches on a bet gets banned from the thread. It is after all money where your mouth is.

5. There will be limits set on the bets so there is no silly nonsense and an increased likelyhood of welching.

My suggestion would be a limit of £5 for a match and £50 for a season long bet. (With regards to cups that have more than one round to go I suggest a limit of £50 at the beginning of the comp and a limit of £20 past the third round.

6. Proof must be posted of the losing donation. It can be a screenshot of a paypal donation or similar.

7. Remember....don't post details of payment options that could be used to buy Ukranian hookers in your name...unless they are a present to me!

I do not mind running the thread but as I am not a mod I would need one to ban anyone that tries to screw it up.

If anyone can think of a rule that will stop welching or nastiness please get it out now.

And yes..i know there is a betting thread but for practical reasons I decided it should be separate.

I will review the thread on a weekly basis to make sure bets are settled.

hqdefault.jpg

2. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Gambling is a sin

3. DirtyFrank

Only if you lose......

4. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

I think to run something like this fairly all bets need to be clear.

E.g. Player 1 to out score player 2, is it league, all competitions or domestic competitions? It leaves no wiggle room for the player who is losing.

Super G Ted'inho likes this.
  5. DirtyFrank

Yep...bet clearly defined by proponent. If taker needs clarification...ask for it.

E.g.

Stan and I's possible bet is Stan stating Everton will finish above Liverpool by end of league season...League bet so we can bet up to £50.

We can barter back and forth but in the end it's one guy declaring in a post the bet...other guy replies with agreement. Reply should have bet..amount...and two charities.

I'd also propose only registered charities for tax purpose so as not to get the site in vat trouble...but that is just my anal finance head lol...

6. DirtyFrank

So the reply must have all the details or the bet isn't valid according to me lol

7. DirtyFrank

So...final reply maybe starts with:

"I take your bet" ...or something.

8. If people are up for it, we could do a sweepstake for the Euro's with this idea in mind. Everyone chucks in aa agreed stake and the total gets donated to a charity of the winners choice.

I'd guess we'd need a independent to make the actually draw to make it fair though. I'm happy to do that bit if no one else wants to. Would get me out of having to pay (<whistle>) but also eliminates my interest since I work for a registered charity <ok>

DirtyFrank likes this.
  9. DirtyFrank

Blagger...#namethatcharity

#wewillbetonit!

10. It's a very small charity and I'm manager, company secretary and a director on the subsidiary, it would be virtual suicide <laugh>

Peter Saxton likes this.

11. DirtyFrank

Well....I'll do you a deal...if Stan comes back I'll name your charity as mine.....

....unless it's a Gerrez gender reassignment charity......

12. Depends if they accept that, I'm not naming the charity on here purely because it would leave me wide open to abuse and antics <ok>

As I said, it's only a small charity. It's only benefits the local community, mainly through community spirited activities and adult education etc <ok>

13. DirtyFrank

Fair enough.. I trust ye! Sure, bets not made yet..deal with it if it happens :emoticon-0148-yes:

14. Not sure how you could post proof of donation without giving away the charity name or number though so other may think we're trying to pull a fast one.

Obviously I'd appreciate the donation to my work but I'd say donate to one of the big charities or something that means something to you. Easier to provide evidence for that and doesn't put me at risk of virtual suicide <ok>

DirtyFrank likes this.
  15. DirtyFrank

Well seeing as I started the thread...I'll do the official first bet and match with a donation privately with you if I lose. :emoticon-0150-hands

16. DirtyFrank

So.

It was discussed with Stan but first to say yes if he doesn't fancy it!

£25 that Liverpool finish above Everton in the league this seaon.

My Charity is: Autism NI. Charity Number: XR22944.

17. Very good choice my friend. We have young adults with Autism in and around our centre <ok>

http://www.autismni.org/our-services.html

There isn't a charity matching that number on the Charity Commission website though <laugh>

18. DirtyFrank

Lol is NI separate maybe?..will have to look it up but defo an established charity here...we fund them at work! (Education Authority)

19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Noooo.

Who would do such a thing?

:bandit:

20. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Most of my betting of late has felt like a charitable donation, but even I'm not taking that one <laugh>

Great choice of charity though mate <ok>