1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Money! money! Money!....

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by zogean_king, Feb 24, 2015.

1. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

2. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

How can this work when the Worlds best club sides have all Internationals?
    For teams like Chelsea that pay £100k a week plus to players ,their entire squad will be away at the World cup at their expense.
    Do they have to field a side of youth players in the Premier league ?.
    I don't get it .

3. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why it's being let go this far. Surely the top european leagues should have discussed this and said screw you, we will talk to our players and get agreement of a boycott of the tournament. I realise that most national footballing bodies have agreements inplace to access the players but I can't imagine that it would cover the level of disruption that this would bring. I know that there will be very few players now at the same club when it comes around but the clubs hold the power these days and can simply suggest that they would be well advised to tel their respective FA that they will not play in a winter tournament. It comes down to, who pays there very inflated salaries!

Can Qatar bung enough to influencial domestic league representatives to smooth it over?

Bah!

4. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

I can see what will happen here there will be a mid winter break for the World Cup, the EPL clubs will then think it will be a good idea to do so every season :angry:

It won't happen but it would be the perfect time for all the top European nations to stick two fingers up to Blatter and his cronies and send U21 sides to play in the tournament. <ok>

5. SUPERNORWICH 23

I personally don't have a problem with a winter break for the Premier league, the Championship and below would be unchanged .
    Managers and players always complain that the Italians etc have an advantage in Europe.
    England should send out an U21 and England B squad anyway out of protest to having our bid to host it screwed over by corruption..
    They would probably do better than the A team anyway.

KIO likes this.
  6. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

No all the big prem sides should send their players.... then Norwich (if we are in the Prem then) can win against their reserves, get in europe and go on to dominate the league.... and then I woke up

DHCanary likes this.
  7. SUPERNORWICH 23

8. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

I bet Russia are happy with all this though. It's taking the limelight away from their equally corrupt victory hosting the 2018 tournament.

crowey66 and SUPERNORWICH 23 like this.
  9. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

It is time for civilised countries to walk away from FIFA. It will not happen of course because the powers that be in all those nations are so entrenched in their own self importance to do anything to negate that perceived importance.

10. SUPERNORWICH 23

I don't see Figo being much different Gasgoine may as well throw his hat into the ring.

FleetCanary likes this.

11. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I agree with you on this! Its an absolute disgrace that the International community is being seen to give legitimacy to Putin and his evil corrupt regime. Thousands of innocent civilians have died in Ukraine and Crimea due to his naked aggression and yet we see nothing wrong in giving him the propaganda victory of a World Cup! No wonder he continues to take the piss but it wont be the Baltic States who will be enjoying the joke! <ok>

crowey66 likes this.
  12. SUPERNORWICH 23

Camoron could have done more Warky , he's proven himself to be a corrupt bastard who helps his rich backers and blames everything on the poor .

13. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

It's pretty obvious to me that Putin is trying to re-build the Soviet Union and with Russia's military might no-one's going to be able to stop him. We are about to enter another 'cold war' (if we already haven't), and there will undoubtedly be a lot more bloodshed. These are worrying times indeed with the terror threat from ISIS already hanging over the western world. The US and the UK have tried and failed to police the world, something they should never have done in the first place. I know it's difficult to stand by while innocent people are slaughtered but sometimes intervention by the US and it's allies has just made things far worse in my opinion. At the end of the day I don't think anyone knows the answer to it all and I truly fear for the future of the world.

14. johnnywarksmoustache

Please can you supply any evidence of his corruption?

15. johnnywarksmoustache

God help us if we get a Labour/SNP Alliance as our Government after the next election! <yikes>

16. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

SUPERNORWICH 23 likes this.
  17. johnnywarksmoustache

I said evidence Dave not left wing propaganda! <doh>

18. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

The only thing more evident than that would be a signed confession! Time for you to use personal insults, you've lost this argument spectacularly!

19. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

They're all as bad as one another Warky just in it to line their own pockets. I used to think that our political and judicial system was the best in the world but now I don't trust either. Westminster appears full of corrupt individuals and predatory paedophiles regardless of which party they represent.

20. johnnywarksmoustache

I don't see how this implicates Cameron as being corrupt!

Sorry Dave but it takes more than a Poster with a Soundbite to prove corruption! <ok>