1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Monday 14th November 2011 Daily Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by heisenburg, Nov 14, 2011.

1. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

Racing today
    LEICESTER
    Going: good, good to soft in places
    Start: 1.20pm
    Weather: dry overnight, forecast to be dryand cloudy, max temp 10c

PLUMPTON
    Going: good to soft, soft in places (hurdle course), good to soft (chase course)
    Start: 1.00pm
    Weather: Dry overnight, forecast to stay dry, 12c

WOLVERHAMPTON
    Going: standard
    Start: 2.10pm
    Weather: Dry overnight, overcast and 9c

LIMERICK
    Going: good, yielding in places
    Start: 12.40pm

FOUR FOR ME TODAY

NOUTES DE LA TOUR 8/13
    MASTER MILAN 7/2 (missed the price sticko)
    GOLDEN FUTURE 3/1
    BUNDLE OF FUN 7/4

WIN LUCKY 15 & A SMALL ACCUMULATOR

Stay Frosty

2. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Nothing for me today as the action looks Dire with a capital ‘D’.

Didn’t get that much involved at Cheltenham as I thought that in a lot of cases, re my fancies, value did not exist. Was originally very disappointed that Montbazon, my big hope for the meet and indeed the season, only finished 3rd in the concluding Listed bumper but Alan King’s subsequent statement that he ‘wasn’t fit’ in retrospect makes the performance look somewhat better. Cor blimey though did you see the loot that went on Montbazon – quite remarkable. Now get him over hurdles, Mr King! 25/1 for the Supreme by the way.

I thought Al Ferof looked very, very good incidentally and Mr Nicholls seems, at this stage, to have firmly committed him to the Arkle. Amazingly, Sprinter Sacre now 3rd fave in the old market for this heat! Meanwhile, it was good to see Pettifour get back to something approaching his best. Have always liked this one and it will be interesting to see if he can maintain this level of form.

Statement of the weekend though belongs to Mr Henderson who was a bit sceptical, of the racecourses claim that only 6 mm of rain fell overnight on Friday. He remarked, "They said they had 6mm of rain last night, but I was here for the sales and I counted 6mm in one minute. I had to throw the suit away I was wearing."

3. heisenburg

Morning SBC
    Statement of the weekend must be long to Trapatoni about the Cat in the Bag, will find it and put it up

4. heisenburg

"The cat is in the sack, but the sack is not closed,The cat is in it, but it's open - and it's a wild cat"

5. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Yep, I saw that Trap comment. Brilliant!

I very, very rarely bet on the football but am still incidentally kicking myself for missing a very appealing bet. After qualifying for the play-offs Ireland were 6/5 to get to ‘Euro 2012’. I thought this a huge price, and underestimated them greatly, but forgot all about it until they drew Estonia and the odds changed to 1/3. Now Ireland must be 1/1,000!

6. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Good morning all... Hope we all had a good one over the weekend... It was good to see the Cheltenahm cards go well and a few highlights brightened up what was a poor sporting weekend really... Al Ferof is one of my 10 to watch selections and i was duly impressed by his run... I also picked A Media Luz and was disapointed to not see her run. Looked like she got all worked up at the start and they didnt run her, shame that as i thought she had a decent chance...

On another note did anybody see the Sholer Chase that Gauvain won. I know he looked every bit the winner but even after the first jump he was 10 lengths infront of second, West With The Wind, who was also some 10 lengths in front of 3rd placed Woolcombe Folly... Chaninbar refused to run again, the little tinker, and Woolcombe Folly never got back the 10 length start that Gauvain opened up from the off... I dont think the starter got that one right... Strange race indeed as ive learnt nowt from that race at all... Other than Gauvain looked good over the jumps in what looked like a general work out for him...

Anyway im like SBC today, its a poor days racing, and the ones i fancy are too short and i cant see anything else that tempts me...

Good luck to all who do play today... <cheers>

7. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

It was a very, very good Open Meeting this year and 2 races stick in my memory - firstly the Novice Chase which concluded the card on Saturday with Join Together, Teaforthree, Restless Harry and Viking Blond flying the last in unison and settling down to do battle up the hill - absolutely stirring stuff. The other was the Grade 2 novice hurdle yesterday where Fingal Bay travelled like the "wrath of god" (sorry I'm paraphrasing someone there, can't remember who) and, despite nearly taking the 2nd last hurdle out by the roots, powered up the hill in most impressive fashion.

8. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Heisenburg - Thats funny... I didnt read or hear him say that... <laugh><laugh><laugh>

If you want an equally silly or funny quote... One of the lads in our local who has got his girlfreind pregnant, when i asked his father how he is... Bill replied 'Aye, he's doin great. He's knocked pheasant off its perch wi' his first shot...!!!'

You cant beat local slang dialect for getting your point over...

9. rainbowview

rainbowview Well-Known Member

Morning all

reading that Grand Crus could run in the Betfair chase at Haydock against Long Run and Kauto Star. Surely it is a bit early to be pitching a Novice in this company after just one run ?. Would love too see him run well if he does go for it but it could easily ruin the horse imo

10. OddDog

Staff Member

Would be pure folly imho.

11. rainbowview

Odddy- agreed <ok>. Must say looking at todays racing I feel like smashing up my laptop after the quality from Friday/Sunday

12. OddDog

Staff Member

Quite like the look of Gift Of Dgab in the 3.15 at Limerick on chase debut. He finished 2nd in a Grade 2 over hurdles this time last year (beaten 4 lengths and basically staying on in the heavy ground) before finally breaking his duck when beating Willie Mullins subsequent winner Popcorn. The ground may be a little lively for him but the trip and slower pace of chasing will hopefully play to his strengths and, assuming he has been well schooled, he looks up to taking this.

13. rainbowview

Bold Banks in the opener at Limerick 5/1

14. rainbowview

Grand Crus not confirmed at the latest stage. Sensible decision <ok>

15. heisenburg

RV why u not at work dear boy ???????????????

16. rainbowview

I am Danbo - sitting on my arse at home. Holiday booking system designed and programmed - thats me off untill next Monday - wooooop

17. heisenburg

gONE ew ON STICKOS GF'S Horse

18. heisenburg

good man
    ive taken day off to be with good lady
    im full of cold after standing outside yesterday for the parade and now crock, she's gone shopping !!!!!
    thank the lord for small blessings and the common cold

19. heisenburg

Get in sticko

20. rainbowview

Danbo <ok> nice winner mate