1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Moderation

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Forza Bianchi, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to let you all know that I am the moderator of this forum.

If anyone has any concerns or queries, feel free to send me a PM, and if there is something you want me to check out, please click on the "report post", and I will take a look at it.

I'm generally a relaxed individual, so I will allow swearing and I don't mind "heated debates" (as long as it does not turn into personal attacks on other users). Anything racist (including racist accusations), sexist, or threatening will be removed. Anyone making multiple accounts will be banned. I will remain impartial at all times when making any moderation decisions.

I will only moderate when other users alert them to me, unless I conveniently see something that is unacceptable.

Hopefully, I shouldn't have to regularly take action.

Please comment on any suggestions you have.

Thanks.

2. Hyperupdate

Hyperupdate Member

Thanks for informing me that you mod. I hope the powers are not needed on this forum but you never know :)

3. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

Great news, have an Alonso fan so fanboys dont ban innocent people, is there an age limit to be a mod? like on ps3trophies.org? (18) or can anybody apply, I wouldnt mind joining you tbh. We also need some Button/Vettel fans as mods too:emoticon-0178-rock:

4. LewisWDC

LewisWDC New Member

Good luck Jose, you will make a great moderator!

5. McWilliams

McWilliams Member

Jose, why was this seen as a wum post? I don't see it? It seemed like a well informed opinion to me.

"The Ferrari was the best car for much of the season, bullet-proof reliability, fast, easy to drive and responsive to updates. However, the Red Bull was consistantly the fastest car.
    The McLaren was never better than 3rd best, sometimes perhaps even the Renault was as good.

Lucky for McLaren they had the best talent on the grid in their driver line-up. Hence Lewis frequently made the car look better than it was, fooling many less well informed viewers."

6. LewisWDC

LewisWDC New Member

Jose question

Can somebody be put under premoderation as I feel AMCODOTG would benefit heavily from this a she causes a lot of trouble

7. Moltisanti

Moltisanti Member

"The Ferrari was the best car for much of the season, bullet-proof reliability, fast, easy to drive and responsive to updates. However, the Red Bull was consistantly the fastest car.
    The McLaren was never better than 3rd best, sometimes perhaps even the Renault was as good.

Lucky for McLaren they had the best talent on the grid in their driver line-up. Hence Lewis frequently made the car look better than it was, fooling many less well informed viewers.

I believe the above couple of statements are generally known as FACTS.

8. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

Good luck mate, please don't ban me though, I'm Tiger Nickynak, didn't know how to change my name so got another account. Would you be able to get the other account closed so I can just use this one, cheers!

9. McWilliams

McWilliams Member

Firstly I am not a SHE and secondly I resent this statement. Just because I don't support your precious Lewis. I thought this was NOT 606???

10. Forza Bianchi

AMCODOTG,
    That was not a WUM post, all I see is another user expressing their opinion

LewisWDC,
    AMCODOTG is not causing any trouble.

Ashbees Plums,
    You wont get banned, but speak to the administrator about it.

11. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

Cheers Jose, will pop him a PM. Didn't fancy doing the modding in the end but I'm sure you will be OK with it, decided I prefer the quiet life!

12. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

congrats Jose on the promotion, hope you do a good job

13. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

Moderator on the F1 board? You've got your hands full here mate, don't resent you one bit. <ok>

14. DouglasMcDouglasoftheKlan

Well done Jose! You make a fabulous moderator
    I trust that you will come down hard on all those playing the race card when they are not able to use FACTS

15. Canary f1

Canary f1 Member

Is this a joke? Is this not the same Jose Lorca that spams the 606 board with Alonso love fest and Hamilton hatred topics?

Just look at his You Tube page!

And he is now a mod? I'll stick to autosport then!

16. Forza Bianchi

Yes I am a mod, but that doesn't mean there will be any favouritism. As I said before, I will be completely impartial.

This forum is a very friendly place, please give it a try!

17. Canary f1

Canary f1 Member

But you already have a you tube link which mostly points towards your strong disliking of Hamilton! Not to mention some of your posts on here are pretty much slightly watered down versions of what you posted on 606. Hardly impartial, especially when one considers your past.

Just out of interest how did you become a mod?

18. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

I made him one because he was keen. Give him a chance, don't be judging before you see how he behaves.

A mod is supposed to be neutral and sit in the background although they don't have to be non-opinionated, so what if he doesn't like Hamilton - I don't like Rangers but I've put up with rampaging huns for ages perfectly well, as long as he doesn't show bias to threads or posts that are pro Hamilton then there is no issue.

19. Canary f1

Canary f1 Member

Hi Maltese,

I have no problem if someone doesn't like another driver, but he plagued the old 606 forum with constant anti Hamilton threads and he was banned umpteen times. I'm not an Alonso fan but I wont make countless anti Alonso threads. The F1 forum moderator should be someone that can remain neutral and unbiased, Jose is highly unlikely to do so as he has proved in the past!

I want these new forums to be successful but I fear if you select bias mods with a history of trolling then these forums will just end up as fan boy flame war havens.

Maybe I will be proved wrong, but I don't see why this was worth the risk!

Regards

Canary F1

20. Cantona33

Cantona33 New Member

Jose a moderator? April fools has come early right?

On the old forum this guy had more alts than a keyboard factory.

He is a well known troll, this board will end up an an Alonso fanboy fest, oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.