1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Moaning !

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Redruth, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

Charlton have sacked their manager, Coventry are about to be evicted from their stadium.
    But on the BBC site you have to go past pictures of dancing Brazilians, Neymer lookalikes & a whole load of other tripe that is of no interest to me (unless you are enthralled by S Korea coach leaving his job ?)
    Is it just me being old & miserable ? or are the rest of you genuinely interested in all of that gumph ?

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I don’t really care what happens at Charlton. Coventry’s plight is sad for the fans but it’s been ongoing for two decades and it’s hardly news that Mike Ashley’s a ****.

The World Cup has been a bit flat compared to usual. VAR and Qatar and the ridiculous number of subs and the new format for next time are slowly killing it. But at the same time, if England can beat France they could well win the thing.

So, you’re not just being old and miserable but at the same time, who cares about Charlton?

Redruth likes this.
  3. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Interesting and valid reflections. As a long time sports fan and one time amateur footballer & county tennis player, i confess to finding much coverage, stories and headliners pretty irrelevant. My age perhaps dictates lack of interest in keeping up to date with all sports these days. But it still has the power to be uplifting, bonding, and improves our wellbeing, even tho I have not kicked a ball in years!

I agree with Hampy, apart from the odd scintillating performance, I am not glued to the World Cup. France v England will be a terrific match, but the Brazillians will win. Bellingham has been outstanding.

Redruth likes this.
  4. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I’m definitely getting grumpier/less tolerant the older I get,but the niggles you cite don’t really register with me!Must admit I’m not as engaged with this World Cup as have been with previous ones.

5. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

It's all a load of bollocks...,

And bollocks to you all

6. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

Southcoastoldgaffer and Spanish like this.
  7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Whilst I’m at it. Keep technology out of the game. We don’t need chips in the ball to determine every touch. Goal line technology works and does no harm to the game but that should be the extent of it, if we even need that.

8. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Pet hates in football?The draught excluder behind defensive wall really grinds my gears.Any other time the game stops all the players have to be on their feet before play resumes.

9. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Nothing in the laws of the game about being on feet is there?