1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread MK Dons v Sunderland - Saturday 18th January - KO 15:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Jan 15, 2020.

?

Your prediction

Poll closed Jan 18, 2020.
  1. Home win

7.4%
  2. Away win

79.6%
  3. Draw

13.0%
  1. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Milton Keynes Dons v Sunderland – Skybet League One
    MKDvSAFC.GIF
    Last time out Sunderland beat Wycombe and MK Dons lost at Burton.
    Sunderland head to Milton Keynes on Saturday backed by around 4000 travelling fans. The Black Cats are in top form and will go into this game with the confidence that a 4-0 win against the league leaders brings.
    Kyle Lafferty has trained this week and will be included in the squad. Tom Flanagan is back in training and should be in contention to start, Joel Lynch is on standby.
    MKD lost away to Burton in mid-week despite dominating the game and have had some good results in recent games. New signing Luis Thompson cut short an intended season long loan spell at Shrewsbury after making just one league start as he bids to get regular football working under his former Norwich City team mate Russell Martin.
    Phil Parkinson:
    "I am very pleased with our last game. It was an excellent win for us and we are looking to build on it down at MK Dons at the weekend. We were delighted with the way we attacked and some of our forward play was very good."
    "We are back in the mix. Our aim going into the Christmas period was to do that and we have achieved it. We have given ourselves a platform to build on between now and the end of the season."
    "Tom Flanagan had a scan but that has come back clear and he has joined in all of training today which is good news for us."
    "Ethan Robson has come back and trained really well but we haven’t seen him in a game situation yet.
    "Kyle Lafferty is in the squad for the weekend. I want him to get in and around the boys. So far, he has fitted in really well."
    “Elliot Embleton is back in training but will join in fully next week, he has done a lot of running and a lot of work in the gym which is great. "
    Russell Martin:
    “We didn't start well and we gave away a poor goal which gave them something to hold on to, and fair play to them for that.”
    “After that, we dominated. It was attack versus defence for 70 minutes. We were brave on the ball and we were excellent with our football at times. We did enough to go and win two games in everything we did but in the final third.”
    “We wanted to get as many attacking players on the pitch as we could towards the end - we did that and it nearly paid off. We had some really good chances, we just didn't have the final detail to score.”
    “We've not got a problem with scoring goals as we've shown recently. We just have to find a way to be better on a tight pitch away from home.”
    “The fact we're so disappointed shows how far we've come, it was completely different from where we were last time we played them.”
    “On Saturday, it was not third vs 19th, as the table looked. Tonight is the same. Burton are in the play-offs and fair play, but we're turning into a good team too.”
    “We're raising the bar in every area and everyone is coming with us. We will get nights like tonight, but we have to overcome it and make sure we feel better about ourselves with the next one.”
    Form.GIF
    Prutton predicts:
    Meh
    Match Appointments:
    Referee:
    BEN TONER
    Assistant Referees: Carl Fitch-Jackson and Leigh Crowhurst
    Fourth Official: Paul Kelly

Team Line ups
    Sunderland:
    McLaughlin, O’Nien, Flanagan, Ozturk, Willis, Hume, Power, Dobson, Gooch, Maguire, Wyke
    Team.GIF
    Subs:
    Burge, McLaughlin, Taylor, Robson, Lafferty, Watmore, McNulty
    Injured: Embleton
    Garden Leave: McGeady

MK Dons Nicholls, Brittain, Williams, Walsh, Lewington, McGrandles, Houghton, Gilbey, Mason, Morris, Healey
    Subs: Poole, Cargill, Moore-Taylor, Gladwin, Moore, Nombe, Kasumu
    Injured: tbc

Betting Odds:
    Home
    23/10 Away 11/10 Draw 9/4

My two pence:
    We are now Unbeaten in six and are six points off top spot with a game in hand.
    We need to start quickly, get at them and get another 3 points on the board.
    My guess is a 2-0 away win.
    This is my first visit to the MK Stadium and I’m really looking forward to it. The last time I was in Milton Keynes was at the Bowl to see U2, The Ramones, REM, Spear of Destiny and Billy Bragg (1985).
    What a great day that was.

Ha’way the Lads

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  2. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Great thread mate, as usual.

I don't care how well they played at Burton, they only had 3 attempts on target and that's what counts.

They've lost more games than anyone except Southend so we have to be looking for a win.

It'll be their cup final, yes I know, so we can expect them to raise their game.

But we have the momentum and will have a massive support, start well and we'll get tremendous backing.

No reason we can't win this game ...

... 1-0 Wyke again just before half time.

3. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

We're really firing at the minute, and confidence is high. MK Dons have had some good results lately, so this won't be easy, but if we play like we have done in the last 5 games, I can see us coming out on top. 1-2 Wyke and Gooch with the goals.

Gil T Azell and RTB like this.
  4. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

3-0 to the lads and the Party with Parky rocks on

<party>

5. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

I wish I'd known this before...Pay on the day

Blond Bombshell and smithy in nl like this.
  6. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

0-3 (Wyke, O'Nein & Maguire)

7. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

i will be happy with any win score, but a 3-0 would have me dancing

8. Billy Batts

Billy Batts Well-Known Member

Might just take a trek down of its pay on the day. Just need somewhere to park in that **** tip!

9. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Parking
    Limited car parking is available on the Stadium MK site at a price of £7. Spaces can be pre-booked - click [email protected]. The Club cannot guarantee an on-site parking space for Blue Badge holders who have not pre-booked. There are drop-off/pick-up points available outside Gates 4 and 7.
    Drop-off/pick-up is permitted at Gates 4 and 7 as well as outside the hotel reception, although collection outside the hotel will be limited post-match to allow for egress of pedestrians and the visiting team coach.
    Supporters who pre-book taxis will should head to the pick-up point at Gate 7.
    Patrons should park considerably in the industrial areas surrounding the stadium and NOT in the parking areas of the nearby retail and trade outlets, or in areas signed as privately owned, where there is risk of clamping.
    No football parking is permitted at the Asda stop adjacent to the stadium or at the MK1 retail park. A Parking Charge Notice of £60 will be issued for cars identified as parking for football or those exceeding the two-hour parking period.

https://www.mkdons.com/club/visit-stadiummk/

Billy Batts likes this.
  10. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

0 - 2 Power and Gooch

RTB likes this.

11. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

I just want the Ws to continue

Gil T Azell, RTB and Sunderlad like this.
  12. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

Agree with all of the above. We are building up a head of steam at the moment, and I’d love us to keep this run going.

And I think we will!!
    1-3 to the lads.

Bart

Gil T Azell and RTB like this.
  13. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Parky's presser
    https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2020/january/press-conference-v-mk-dons

"I am very pleased with our last game. It was an excellent win for us and we are looking to build on it down at MK Dons at the weekend. We were delighted with the way we attacked and some of our forward play was very good."
    "We are back in the mix. Our aim going into the Christmas period was to do that and we have achieved it. We have given ourselves a platform to build on between now and the end of the season."
    "Greg (Docherty) is a player we have looked at and had initial chats with Rangers about. There are a number of discussions going on but with the weekend coming we will reconvene after Saturday’s game."
    "We have been linked with plenty of players in the media which is always the case. It is up to us to select the right players who can fit the missing piece of the jigsaw and make us a well-balanced squad."
    "Tom Flanagan had a scan but that has come back clear and he has joined in all of training today which is good news for us."
    "Ethan Robson has come back and trained really well but we haven’t seen him in a game situation yet.
    "Kyle Lafferty is in the squad for the weekend. I want him to get in and around the boys. So far, he has fitted in really well."
    “Elliot Embleton is back in training but will join in fully next week, he has done a lot of running and a lot of work in the gym which is great. "
    “He could be a real bonus player for us in this second part of the season. Everyone knows what a talent he is, I have watched the games from his loan spell and the early part of the season, so we look forward to welcoming him back into full training and seeing if he can push his way into contention.”

Good to hear about Robson & Embleton making good progress.

14. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

15. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

As long as we are confident and not complacent I can only see the SAFC juggernaut getting another win.I will go for 0-3. I will take Wyke, Gucchi & O9.

EDIT. Changed my mind. Expecting supersub big Kyle to get the fourth goal for us.

PS, hoping for the same score in the 2nd half.:emoticon-0136-giggl

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  16. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

I have a spare for the match if anyone needs one ....

RTB likes this.
  17. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

Over the moon for Robson, hopefully he can join the Party with Parky

18. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Ha'way the lads.. Might see you there Smug..

RTB, Gil T Azell and Smug in Boots like this.
  19. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

1-3 Gooch 2, Willis

RTB likes this.
  20. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

HA'WAY THE LADS

MACKEMS ATTACKEM

If we batter these the run in is going to be tasty, Game on.
    Gerrum telt Parky lad.