1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mitrovic... With us....or.... After a move??

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by LiamO, Jun 2, 2016.

1. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

I do not know how much of paper-talk is embedded in truth, but... according to a Portuguese paper, he said this when asked about his future. Bear in mind he said he wanted to stay.!!!

Newcastle manager Rafa Benítez would only sanction a sale of the 21-year-old for over €20m, which is far from what Sporting could afford. The biggest buy made by the current president Bruno de Carvalho happened recently, when they signed Alan Ruiz from Colón for €5.3m.

Mitrovic’s wages are also said to be a problem. The striker makes €5m per season at Newcastle, and in Sporting’s current squad, the player with the highest salary is Alberto Aquilani, who earns €3.2m per year.

Despite all these snags, Record have contacted Mitrovic in order for him to comment on Sporting’s interest. The Serbian player told them:

“I have four more years of contract with Newcastle and I haven't received any official approach so far. I'm happy in England, of course, but it's always good to see my name linked to a club like Sporting. It's a big club.”

If something comes up they will always have to talk with Newcastle first, and only then with me and with my representative.”

I did not have him down as a RAT.!!!

This is not a sinking ship however!! All rats should get back onboard.!! We are being refloated by Rafa (RAFT) Benitez..
    I hope this is just press bollocks.!!

2. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Not enough for me to think that he's angling for a move or anything else traitor-ish.

The club may well have told him that they would probably accept 20 million euros if someone offered it. I think I probably would be inclined to sell him for that as much as I rate him.

If so, then he gave the perfect professional answer. I am a Newcastle player. Talk to them first and, if they give you permission, then you can talk to me. Oh, and something polite to say to the paper which phoned you up out of the blue to ask you stupid questions.

Mrs Magpie and Flash like this.
  3. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

I think he splits fans opinion. IMO he wants to stay, he has always said its a dream for him to play here, however he wants us to want him to stay, the fans and the club. I for one would have been fuming being on the bench to Cisse, especially the way Cisse was playing and Mitro was coming on and scoring goals. We are also being linked with strikers, so I think we need to have some faith in him and he will reward us with goals. I wouldnt wanna commit my future and then be on the bench and used sparingly, Mitro wants to play every game.

4. Maximin Effort

Maximin Effort Well-Known Member

Sounds like a sound bite that he's been told to say by an agent when this question is asked. I wouldn't read anything into it

5. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

He'll only go somewhere if Rafa doesn't want him. Mitrovic has said as much in that quote. It's a stock answer to a rumour put to him by a journo, and if Rafa does end up telling him to move on this summer he's not going to want to burn any bridges now with clubs he's being linked to.

Ellis Short Is likes this.
  6. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

as always with these reports, you never see what the question put in front of him was
    reporters can change anything they want to suit their editorial bias

7. daztoc

daztoc Well-Known Member

Sounds like the guy is just keeping his options open, which seems fair enough to me.

8. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Think he'll stay, believe him when he says he wants to stay. If he does then I think next year could be make or break for him.

Flash likes this.
  9. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Well if he plays plenty of games and does not get at least a goal or assist every other game then we can rule out him cutting it in the Premiership.

If you offered me along the lines of: 40 games, 15 goals and 5 assists I would probably accept it but that's the minimum really. There is an argument that a player like him creates opportunities for others just by being on the pitch as he has a presence which someone like Cisse simply doesn't, however he got a goal every other game for Partizan and Anderlecht, he's about to turn 22 and now is the time to see if his potential will come to fruition.

For what it's worth he reminds me a lot of Carroll 7 years ago but is a bit further along in the process (and 18 months older than Carroll was).

10. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

he's with us.

Some of the disgusting soiled rags who spout this **** are a comedy turn.

11. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

Mitro performed well against a tiring opposition , maybe Raffa had a plan to provide those circumstances

12. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

He's ****

13. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

Always thought there was something morally wrong when after all the effort the ball boys put in they were paid less than Mitro

14. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I think he'll go. I'd like to see him stay as I think the Championship will be good for him and Perez. I just think with his temperament, if they can get their money back they might see fit to take it.

15. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

Especially if Cisse leaves, he'll stay. I think he'd love a season in the Number 9 shirt - he's said it was a boyhood dream of his, hence why he took number 45 when he joined us (4+5).

16. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

Try to remember this is the Newcastle board
    5+4 = 9

17. GeordieHalfbreed

Or, for any Mackems reading, 4+5 is the number of fingers you have, not counting thumbs.

18. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I see a lot of potential recruits to the sweepstake on this thread - get on soon or you'll miss the opportunity to have Obi's free pints.

19. GeordieHalfbreed

Edit

Just saw the pinned thread - I'm in

J. J. McClure and Warmir Pouchov like this.
  20. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Indeed. I have a large capacity so i can pee lots of pints.