1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mitro's on fire (for Serbia)

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by G4rdToonArmy, Sep 5, 2017.

1. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Only a few including Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Lukaku and Jovetic have scored more (6 goals) in WC qualifying. If he could get the petulance out of his game and knuckle down he could be a great striker. Think lots of people forget he is 22 but also think Rafa needs to give him a fair crack in the first team not this 3/4 game spells he gets and then back on the bench.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...ar-mitrovic-better-country-newcastle-13573746

cronemeister and Flash like this.
  2. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

I read comments from the Serbia manager saying he is scoring for them as he is appreciated there.

Problem we have is Rafa has made no secret he doesn't want Mitro, now we have tried to flog Gayle. So our best 2 strikers will most likely feel not wanted by the club. Well played Rafa, well played!

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  3. leez

leez Well-Known Member

thing is he does not act like a head the ball , playing for his country

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Agree here.
    I actually think that Rafa is warming to Mitro. Hopefully he'll get his fair share of game time.

5. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Rafa ****ed himself with Mitro.

No idea what club he thinks he's the manager of but at Newcastle you cannot make it so obvious you dislike/don't want clearly talented young players.

He's obviously got talent, we have no money, he wants to play for Newcastle. Absolutely no idea what Rafa thought he was playing at.

6. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Shame he's on suspension (for us).
    Seriously like mitro but he isn't trusted with good ****ing reason. Only a moron would say his celebration was aimed at Rafa not trusting him, then get banned for violent conduct. Is it really that hard to figure out.
    Reckon he's quietly done with Shelves ATM for comparisons

leez likes this.
  7. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

Perhaps he would be better appreciated if he stopped being a complete moron and stopped letting his team down.
    Not only with his discipline during games, but also his worrying habit of careering into his team mates during goal celebrations.
    It's pure luck that he hasn't hurt someone on his own team before now.
    Only 22 but needs to grow up a bit and quick.
    Personally l think he was winning Rafa round a bit, before his stupid stunt at West Ham.
    Not getting in the team, no one to blame but himself.

Consett Mag and leez like this.
  8. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Personally I think Mitro needs to give Rafa a reason to appreciate him, not the other way on. I accept he hasn't exactly been given a fair crack by Rafa but i think that is down to playing styles. The bottom line is though Mitro needs to cut the childs play if he wants a run.

9. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Rafa should give him a run in the team in the next few games.

Doh! <doh>

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  10. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...s/aleksandar-mitrovic-cant-stay-away-13580650

This dive the other night was ridiculous. I'd ban him for that more than I would the forearm smash.

The lad has a bit of a screw loose. Its no good fans defending him too much, he needs to sort his head out. I had mates the other night trying to blame Rafa for frustrating the lad. Yeah that's great justification for his behaviour. Fans are always a bit blind when it comes to fans favourites, they can do no wrong.

Its like Lee Cattermole with the mackems. According to some of them (probably a majority) he is a good PL player and gets unfair treatment from refs. Its just utter horseshit, he is a cynical little weasel of limited football ability. Hence when Sunderland go down, no PL manager even has a sniff around the steaming pile of ****e. He's also been carded on average more than any other player in PL history on games to card ratio. I had a mackem mate banging on to me how him being back from injury was going to make this massive difference to them. He got very upset when I pointed out he was just a run of the mill Championship player on ability who'd probably be injured again soon or suspended. He said he has been good as gold for two years now. I asked how many games he played last season - "8" <laugh> Aye mate you tend to stay out of the book if your not on the pitch. Essentially his argument was that the season before Cattermole had managed to not get red carded at all. Well ****ing hell, that is one bloody season - what about the rest?

The point is all these little incidents with Mitrovic are building up. He can't keep himself out of trouble. In 5 years time we might still be saying "right he might mature, remember that season he didn't get red carded?"

11. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

I agree I think Rafa was starting to warm to him a bit but bottom lone is he can only blame himself. If you do stuff like that then unfortunately you are going to have to wait for your chance again and take it when it comes.