1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Crime and the court case...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Kempton, Feb 3, 2019.

1. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Good luck to her but why would you send her overseas so young?

2. Girt Bucket

Girt Bucket Well-Known Member

Today's The Day Of Reckoning , Whether Its Him , The Rozza's Will Deny Or Confirm Today , I Reckon.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  3. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

My daughter went to a secondary school which also took boarders from age 11. Many of them were children of military or diplomatic parents serving overseas where quality of life/education was worse than being a boarder in the UK. I met some of the kids, they seemed perfectly happy and well looked after. I think the boarding thing bothers parents more than it does the kids!

Howden Tigress likes this.
  4. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

I changed school every 2-4 years. Had something like 13 schools during my education. It's not ideal, although you learn a lot of other skills I guess.

My missus was dead set against sending our kids to boarding school, although we had friends who sent theirs, for stability and quality of education. On balance Id say they didn't achieve much more than ours did.

Depends on the kids I guess.

5. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

I thought a court of law decided that.

6. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

The police should be just left to get on with their job , I'm not sure why anybody needs this information at this point in time

7. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

A witchhunt that's all.

Leon T Trout AFC likes this.
  8. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

If it his him,they've got 'til 9pm tonight to charge him according to the Dull Daily

9. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Apologies if it I came across as being judgemental. My daughters are 32 and 27 now. My time with them is and always has been the most precious thing in my life. and far, far more important than their education. Both completed university degrees recently having chosen not to go to uni the conventional way, Ie after 6th form (saved me a fortune!!!) They will probably (like me and my parents) become reasonable achievers career wise ( though a woman's career path is still less predictable for obvious reasons) but chose paths which puts so many other things before chasing the pound. Maybe I should have pushed them more? It's all about family values, maybe my dad should have pushed me more.. and so on. I learnt something about my dad recently (he passed away a few years ago) from an ex work colleague. He was an engineer at British aerospace and in his field, (hydraulics) he was apparently amongst the best in the uk. The Uk never particularly rewarded engineers, so in his field, there was a brain drain with most going to Germany or USA. Apparently he had loads of job opportunities to make massive money abroad but chose not to, putting his family and other passions first ( I suspect more his passions than family but hey ho). His passion was working on planes and his numerous hobbies. He actually retired early to lead walking holidays abroad, which paid pocket money. I guess I have done similar, followed a quite lowly paid career patth which I am passionate about and after over thirty years is still massively fulfilling, I could have achieved far far more financially. I guess unlike my dad family edges my passions and daughters will probably always do similar.
    Anyway I'm rattling on and in very reflective mood only this board allows you to do this. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we all have very different values, certainly not saying mine are right and everyone should follow them

Edit........And why the **** am I posting it on a thread about a missing person?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  10. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

So we can send him abuse on social media.

11. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

It sells newspapers. End of.

Shouldn't be allowed and the editors should be held legally responsible. It can prejudice the collection of evidence and ruin innocent people's lives.

12. Girt Bucket

Girt Bucket Well-Known Member

I Imagine Your Quite Dense As A Rule. It Pains Me To Have To Explain Things With You . It Was Implied In My Post Whether The Police Would Definitively Know Today If He Is Guilty Or Not , Due To Confession Or Questioning Techniques That Maybe Charge Can Be Levelled At The Suspect.

13. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

I think the National Media is being dreadful in all this.

The Sun has even reported it's her getting in the car on Haworth Ave. When I can't tell if it's even a person.

I'm not a big fan of the HDM, but credit where credit they've been fantastic.

PLT likes this.
  14. Sir Cheshire Ben

The police collect evidence, The CPS consider the evidence & make the decision whether or not to file charges. A Jury determines guilt based on the evidence the CPS present at trial.

You’re ignorant & close to illiterate, as a rule, you should really not draw attention to that by alledging others are dense.

15. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Coming on here with facts, especially correct ones is an unusual tactic Ben!

All still bloody awful for her family. Just hope she is found whatever the outcome

16. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

I always think the weird way you post is some sort of code, hiding something secretly intelligent that nobody else understands.

But nope, never is.

PLT, GLP, Idi Amin and 1 other person like this.
  17. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sorry, it is absolutely terrible for her family & friends. To a lesser degree, but also concerning, is the potential affect it may have on the local community.

18. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

You're assuming they've not printed his name for procedural or ethical reasons.

Maybe.

I tend to assume it's because other newspapers are more thorough, more professional and closer to events.

If I want stories on local dogging hotspots, or 'Youth swore at OAP's dog' stuff, then the Mail is my 'go to' news outlet.

19. Chazz Rheinhold

My lad live down the same street. He said it's a bad atmosphere round there. I know he's not at risk or our but...

20. Chazz Rheinhold

**** the rest money money money is the attitude of a certain few on here askew.
    Well said about your job. Chapeau.
    Does explain why you don't get your rounds in tho.