1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mislintat Rumoured to be Leaving

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by white_gunner, Jan 15, 2019.

1. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

well well, as if our club is not in enough of a mess, a lot of rumours doing the round that Sven Mislintat (the man who we all put faith in for our revival through signing the gems he did at Dortmund) is leaving due to a fall out behind the scenes. Bayern are thought to be interested and a possible destination for him. Thoughts? He has only been here less than a year.

2. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

The article in The Independent stated that he was growing frustrated with Emery, as he was having more of an active role in transfer dealings than was anticipated.

There's also allegedly been some tension between Mislintat and Raul Sanllehi, which hasn't helped matters at all.

Apparently this is mainly because the players that Mislintat recommended weren't followed up.

I have mixed feelings on this.

Usually, in this continental model we've adopted, the Head of Recruitment picks the players he wants, Chief Negotiator tries to sign them and the Head Coach has to work with the tools he's been given without having much of a say.

However, common sense would suggest that if the manager isn't happy with the HoR's player recommendations, why should the club make the effort to sign players the coach doesn't rate?

Remember this is why Conte ended up falling out with Chelsea's board and had public spats with them.

On the flip side, this depends on whether you trust Emery's judgement when it comes to the calibre of a player or if you trust Mislintat more. Mislintat did a great job with player recruitment at Dortmund, but the Bundesliga is predominately a two-team battle (usually between Dortmund and Bayern, although Leipzig have recently emerged as challengers to that duopoly).

I'm not sure whether his approach would be successful in league with a lot more competition across the top 6 clubs, and even the clubs lower in the table like West Ham, Everton etc have quite strong financial power as well.

It'll be a shame if it doesn't work out, but it appears Emery doesn't appreciate being on the sidelines and Mislintat hasn't received backing from Sanllehi either.

We either need to change our model or we bring someone in who will accept Emery's input in transfers.

3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure we can trust emery that much. Anyone who picks Xhaka is immediately suspicious in my eyes.

gooner4ever likes this.
  4. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I think its more of an embarrassment that we based our entire 'post-Wenger' model on this guy, and he is already trying to leave after a year. This is just as bad as when United hired Moyes and sacked him after a year IMO. Both show that proper homework was not done prior to the massive switch after Wenger/Fergie.

Diego likes this.
  5. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

This is terrible news.

He was responsible for signing some of the brightest new talents, Torreira, Mavrapanos, etc.

This club is rotten to the core.

6. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

Liverpool work with this model and seems to work relatively well...

7. EmirAleks

EmirAleks Well-Known Member

Mislitant would be a huge loss. Emery will turn Arsenal into Everton. I guess either Abe or Laca will leave in the summer. Ramsey is gone, Ozil will go, and we will get some hard working mediocre Spaniard/South Americans.

gooner4ever likes this.
  8. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

^^^^ worse case or best case scenario - either ain’t great

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Mixed feelings about this too. There's rumours that we're bringing in Edu as a sporting director, who'll work with Emery on transfers.

I don't really care who picks the transfers as long as we go after good players. At the moment we seem unable to sign anybody !