1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Milne: News on Manager and Season Tickets Will Come Together in Next Couple of Weeks

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by itfcptc, Mar 11, 2018.

1. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town...ts-will-come-together-in-next-couple-of-weeks

I can't see this as any other announcement that Micks contract not being renewed. I can't suddenly see the club change their policy on spending particularly as we've actually got a few good young players coming through now, it's got to be a change of manager surely and going on ME's previous this must have been something which has been in place for a while .....Thoughts?

Westlake33 likes this.
  2. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Looking at it somewhat cynically and trying to second guess what Milne is saying, my reading is that the club will announce reduced season ticket prices, more events around the ground, another "promise" for money to be made available in the summer, and a new two year contract for Mick. I think if Mick was to go, they'd just wait until the season was over and then part ways. Mick is surely too proud to just run down the last few months of his contract, knowing he'll be off.

I guess the announcement may be timed for when the play offs are mathematically out of reach, to reduce the potential impact on the players, but imagine if we win the next few games? Announcing his departure with reduced season tickets would be a great commercial decision. They wouldn't even have to announce who the new manager was as they'd get an increase in season tickets from that announcement alone.

Having said that, something about this doesn't sit right with me and I hope I'm wrong.

3. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll announce a thrilling new "five year plan":emoticon-0113-sleep

4. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Announcement to come once we're truly safe.
    OAP season ticket price to be reverted back and Mick to stay on is my guess.

I hope not though

5. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Mick agrees a year extension and a freeze on season ticket prices........

6. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Same - 100% my thinking too.

Their waiting for us to be mathemtatically safe / far enough off the play offs to make it utterly impossible and then I'm 100% sure it will be a -

' we'd like to go on record to thank Mick for his efforts the past 5 and a half years '

I'm absolutely certain this is the end of Mick - not long to go now folks. This forum is going to have a different look to it soon. Me vs Spanish maybe at an end, or we may have contrasting views on the new gafa.

Different groups of us will agree, disagree etc.

Surely, the end is upon us.

7. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Can see the headline now..

Mick agrees new 3 year deal as Evans confirms "money to spend"

you heard it here first folks <ok>

Though clearly "money to spend" is a lot of hot air as we'll likely buy 1 or 2 average players and once again go into a season with little to no strength in depth

Nuggets likes this.
  8. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

I am hoping for the best...for everyone. Especially the Club long-suffering supporters.

Westy, since when did you spell name gafa?! Is that some Espagnol or Italiano corruption?

9. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how this pans out, what makes some of you so sure this is the end of Mick’s reign?

10. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Love the word gafa haha no idea as to lingo maybe mine.

Mick's surely off.

For the record, IF he does stay and WAS backed - he'd do a very good job RESULT wise next season for my ££££ - however that won't be with us I'm 99% sure.

Time will tell :)

11. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Surely the first thing to remember is that Towns end of season statement of intent is usually a pack of lies thrown together by a halfwit, can you remember the gems of last season? Season ticket prices up and concession prices revoked for the 60 to 64 age group, I wonder what genius dreamt that one up?
    " money will be made available for the acquisition of new players" bearing in mind that tuppence hapenny is more than bugger all it's still however precious little in the scheme of things.
    If we are to invest in ITFC by buying a season ticket I think we are entitled to ask the question " what's in it for me? " just as potential investors in any business are.
    We are told year after year that Evans puts millions into the Club each season, but that's not investment that's just money to keep a failing business afloat, so who's to blame? I think most people would agree that the owner is responsible for running the business, who's the owner? I think we are getting there now.
    So what's in it for the paying fans? Tell us if you can Evans / Milne.

Fat Boy Slim likes this.
  12. itfcptc

I think following Mick's interviews yesterday it's clear he's going as he's clearly not happy about what Milne said.

To be fair to Mick, I'm not his biggest fan but that's no way to be treated, he deserves better than that. It feels similar to how Magilton was got rid of.

It seems clear to me that this has been in place for a while and going on past history I'd imagine a replacement is lined up. Which says to me it's a manager out of work. I don't understand if you have made a decision that the manager is leaving why don't you just get rid of him there and then, it's unfair on all parties involved including Mick

13. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

"Mick's going then" was my first thought.

But then I questioned why they'd wait to announce... now I suspect cheaper season tickets as a sweetener to mick staying.

14. itfcptc

What is going on at the moment is an absolute disgrace. I'm not Micks biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination and he isn't doing himself any favors with the fans with his comments especially like the one today "I might consider it even more now (staying) after all the people are trying to get me out, just to really annoy them"

ME needs to get rid now before the relationship between the fans and the club get worse. It's also not fair on Mick who in terms of points hasn't done a bad job here to let this continue. I don't like his style, I'm not particularly a fan of his dour/stubborn personality but he should be allowed to leave the club with dignity not this long drawn out process with only him in the firing line. What the club and Mick doesn't seem to realise is the fans are the most important part of this club, even Jewell realised that and he left with some form of dignity despite the terrible situation. Mick is in danger of damaging his long term reputation at this club with his continuous battle with the fans and it shouldn't have come to this.

15. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

This quote has really irked me..

“And, you know what, perhaps I don’t want it to ruin my ‘brand’, how I perform and what people think of me, but I think that’s restricted to this area at the moment in terms of Ipswich fans about the job that I’ve done and how it’s been done here."

To imply that it is simply Town supporters that don;t think he's doing a brilliant job, may have an element of truth in it, but the arrogant way he shrugs off the Town fan's opinion given what has been happening will only drive those desperate to get him out to be even more enraged. He even followed it up with this thinly veiled threat

"That might mean me leaving and then you’re top of League One in a couple of years or something, that would be fabulous.”

Followed by a few references to the fans as 'They'

“They thought it was brilliant when I got them out of the dirt when they were seven points adrift, and they thought it was brilliant when we finished in the top six.

I have had a lot of sympathy (and still do) with Mick as he's left to shoulder all the aggro from the fans but he has brought a lot of that on himself with he barbed comments and prickly demeanor

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    itfcptc and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.
  16. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

I believe it is time to put us all out of misery. And let the man go with dignity and a little pride, not the current mud-swirling vitriol.

Lose tonight again, and spiralling down we go.

What sad state of affairs.

17. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Evans should come and say to Mick ‘thanks for what you’ve done but we will be looking to make a change at the end of the season we would like you to carry on till then’ then fans know that it’s done and MM knows it’s done and everyone can stop guessing and getting wound up.

Southcoastoldgaffer and Nuggets like this.
  18. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

That would rely on the parties involved displaying common sense and decency,can't see it happening!

19. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Oh no chance at all....lol

20. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

"I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour
    But Evans knows I'm miserable now"

:emoticon-0159-music:emoticon-0159-music

Southcoastoldgaffer and Nuggets like this.