1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Millwall 0 West Ham 0

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by Cockney Eyetie, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Cockney Eyetie

I sat round the inlaws for the game listening to the commentary,and a draw was the right result. Millwall lacked any guile or craft in the final third,but defended excellently and snuffed Nolan and our forwards out of the game,Abdou making lots of good tackles.
    The 2nd half was a bit more West Ham pressure,but did'nt really test Forde enough,except when Bentley missed a sitter from 6 yards out. The home crowd was loud in the 1st half,but quiet in the 2nd.

Until we meet again at the Boleyn <cheers>

2. Ulster Lion

Ulster Lion Member

Sounded like we were a bit lucky after you hitting the underside of crossbar too. Lacking any creativity in last third tallies with us not scoring for about 400mins now but no real surprise as we haven't signed a replacement for Moro and think the money is mostly gone now. Shame as we could've got someone if it weren't for our wage structure in part.

A draw was a good result but KJ seriously needs to evaluate the signings and if they have really added much to the squad apart from Guessan for one.

3. Cockney Eyetie

Alright Ulster<ok>

I thought that your chairman said they still have a couple of million in the coffers ?

4. Ulster Lion

Ulster Lion Member

<ok> cockney - must be for the Christmas doo ;)

5. c0nk3r5

c0nk3r5 Member

Just back from the Den. Yes Cockney, we do have more money to spend but KJ will see how we are doing 12 games in.

6. benwall

benwall Member

Draw was a fair result and I think both managers will see it as a point gained rather than 2 lost. We had the same amount of shots on goal although the hmmers came closest t scoring when they hit the bar. Nolan and Lansbury were kept quiet <ok>

7. Cockney Eyetie

Was there any naughty stuff going on outside ? Sounded like the OB had it sorted.

8. benwall

benwall Member

I didn't see any trouble when i left. There were 5 meat wagons and loads of old bill in riot gear lined up outside.

9. MFC_Lion

MFC_Lion Well-Known Member

Pretty awful game that no one deserved to win <ok>

10. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

**** game - don't know what happened to your fans cockney - they were like cardboard cut-outs all game!!

11. Cockney Eyetie

Yeah,sounded like a crap game. Your lot were only noisy in the 1st half,did'nt hear a peep 2nd half.

12. That-Millwall-bloke

What was forde doing at kick off.. We could quite easily have been one down after 7 seconds!
    I thought 1st half was ours other than when they hit the bar... 2nd half they edged it.. Fair result

We need a forward who can score and quick , otherwise this will be a long season, looked lost going forward at times but solid at the back.

They might aswell have banned away fans, didn't here a peep all game .. Terrible away support today

13. Ulster Lion

Ulster Lion Member

This lapse was amateurish and totally unprofessional.

LeFondre scored for Reading too - def should've bid for him. Waiting a dozen games is too long when haven't scored and don't look to be. Many times KJ says not enough "going forward" but without the finishing quality and personnel it will just lead to more of the same. We needed an established finisher before anything else.

14. SeaLion

SeaLion Member

KJ says "not enough going forward". Of course there isn't when he only starts with one out and out striker on the pitch in a home game. Okay Batt is still gaining fitness and Henderson was injured but he left Simpson on the bench and McQuoid wasn't even in the squad! That's twice this season we have started a home game with only one forward. No wonder we are drawing so many matches. Go back to 442 and pair Henderson/Marquis with Simpson/McQuoid so we have one target man and one with pace and keep them together for a few games to see if they build up an understanding. We will never start scoring goals if we keep playing with different formations and players each game.

15. benwall

benwall Member

Henderson + N'Guessan <ok>

16. c0nk3r5

c0nk3r5 Member

What about Simpson? After 10 minutes he was all huffing and puffing. He will need a lot of work done to get his fitness levels up.

17. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

I heard Millwall were going to "batter" the "shammers" what happened ;)

18. MFC_Lion

Couldn't believe how slow he was, what the hell has he been doing at Hull!?

I agree with benwall, Henderson has been our best striker by far and N'Guessan has shown a lot of pace and ability also <ok>

Marquis is injured so get the operation done, not that I rate him that much anyway. Mcquoid has more ability but always seems to be injured. If Simpson can get back into shape I see him as the main competition to hendo and N'Guessan. If KJ picks Marquis next week at Derby then I will not be impressed.

19. MFC_Lion

You did well only losing by the 1 goal to 10 man Leeds <ok>

20. Millwall_Adam

Millwall_Adam Member

I'd say Marquis has more quality about him then old bandy legs Jay. Marquis is still learning and by what we've seen of him he looks sharp and hungry to perform in a Lions shirt. Marquis and McQuoid for me when both fit or even try a 4-3-3 with M&M plus Hendo.