1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Miggy

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Lots of talk over social media that cabbage heed will drop Miggy due to his recent poor displays.
    What's your thoughts?
    Good or bad thing?

Personally I think he's played okay in a piss poor side. He's not had a full season yet so it's wrong IMHO to pull him out of the firing line as he's trying to build up his confidence once again.

2. Blue harvest

Blue harvest Active Member

Perhaps start with AS-M, then bring Almiron on to run at some tired legs late in the game. It's not the worst option. Once he gets a goal or an assist I'm sure lots more will follow.

I'd ideally like us to start with both, but I just don't feel we are brave enough at present.

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Play him in a proper functioning team and then I'll judge him. At present no forward player is going to look good in Bruce's set up.

Flash and leez like this.
  4. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

Listen, according to a Bruce interview in The Chronicle he's been sending us out to play on the front foot, trying to get after teams. Sadly that unbridled attacking instinct has left us open... That's what has been our undoing, didn't you know?

“What I’ve learnt is that we can’t leave ourselves open and try and get after teams because people will play through us,”

That’s what I’ve learnt. There’s a certain way the whole group has played and I can understand why.”

please log in to view this image

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2019/09/2...t-concerning-claim-yet-as-head-coach-of-nufc/

5. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

play him and max and play him on the left like rafa not this all over the shop role bruce appears to have given him … try having a midfield too

6. leez

leez Well-Known Member

Bruce is a idiot

Flash, Munson. and Ben 10 like this.
  7. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We really need Longstaff back urgently. I know he is still feeling his way back from his long injury but he gives us that solid defensive midfield role that Shelvey is not capable of.

Judge Death likes this.
  8. Southerner

Southerner Active Member

interesting that people are trying to find a position for Miggy to play after 9 months, no goals, no assists, about 1 cross and perhaps 1 key pass. I would love him to come good, but all I see is a player with abundant talent probably playing in the exact same manner as he did in the USA. Let's be frank, Sunderland would probably win that league.
    I remember a narrative last season that Ritchie wouldn't pass to him! In truth he has much to learn about positional play and ball distribution. For me, he needs to look and learn.
    I believe Longstaff is a better long time prospect, but is not yet ready to own the role of playmaker. Glimpses of ASM have suggested he might be the catalyst for the team's ability to attack down both flanks, rather than as the statistics clearly show, only whatever side of the pitch Ritchie plays.
    I've said many times, I think Bruce will eventually play 4-1-3-2, I would love to see Bournemouth's old style 442 (as opposed to Rafa's). Either way, I like the concept of Carroll and Joelinton both in the team, albeit I have doubts about it working. There is no place for Miggy if that happens.

9. Warmir Pouchov

Agreed. Its massively important as he is comfortably better than Shelvey or Ki. I think him and Hayden is easily our best combo. Shelvey I thought might come out of his funk when Rafa went but I think he's done. He's lazy, he's sloppy, and take the odd world cup ball out he contributes very little. Ki is worse again. The idea of putting centre backs in midfield needs binned too, it never works and Lejeune/Schar are ill suited to it anyway.

Not sure how long Longstaff is out for but hopefully he is back soon.

Mig just needs a bit of time, he hasn't even been here 12 months yet. South American football and the MLS is very different to the game here. He has been used a variety of ways but never in the role he played in the MLS as part of a front two with Martinez. Even under Bruce he is being used betwixt and between roles throughout the game. The whole thing just needs simplified for him.

10. Blue harvest

Blue harvest Active Member

Shelvey is probably the most frustrating. He should for his size and experience be able to sit as a holding midfielder and dictate play, the trouble is we are defensively set up with very little for him to hit long balls to either as a target or into space for runners, he's also not able to read the game when the opposition has the ball resulting in him being constantly out of position or making the wrong call. Ki, is good at keeping the ball, short passes and possetion football, but once again that's not our gameplan at present.

11. Rudekid

ive heard loads of fans doing the usual and being critical... its fine no surprise just chase another player out the club and straight into a better side … afterall we will still have jack colback

Mowgli311080 likes this.
  12. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Moaning about the fans again ... Yawn

13. Warmir Pouchov

Yeah the bastard fans eh, they've had no right to whinge about anything. The club is perfectly ran and every player is a world beater.

14. Rudekid

the fans are supposed to support the team not just ridicule and hate on them! look up the word support it has nothing to do with paying !! also why get on the backs of players who can get moves to bigger clubs it make no sense. Almiron does a lot to relieve pressure from a side that's never got the ****ing ball. I knew that to much was expected from him … 20 million does not get you Ronaldinho ffs its a bog standard player these days.. If he had end product he'd be sold btw. whos gunna replace him ? im not being funny but I really think we have need for max and miggy not one or the other

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  15. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

To be honest in our current setup I think colback would do better than Shelvey. I can’t believe I just said that.

16. Rudekid

Shelvey cant run which is the most crucial thing you need

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  17. Prince Isak (GG)

He also has no options because of how defensive we are. Put miggy in an attacking side and he provides assists and goals. In a side where he is the only attack minded midfielder then he has no options.

Play max and miggy and go 4-3-3. That then can turn into a 4-5-1 if we don’t have the ball and we are setup to get the ball back.

18. Prince Isak (GG)

Agreed. At least colback would do that and connect up the play. The long ball style that suits Shelvey won’t work in the prem these days.

Shelvey is out today and it wouldn’t surprise me if we get something from the game as a direct result.

Munson. likes this.
  19. Rudekid

Im hopefull atsu almiron and max play with joel up top

20. Prince Isak (GG)

Atsu gets a lot of negative press but I like him. He’s a happy player and looks like a gangsta.