1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mick being complacent?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by stretchyboy, Aug 24, 2017.

1. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Why the he'll have still not signed a CB? I know the kids did fantastic against palace, but I still don't think they are up to the rigours of the championship yet.
    We need a new cb asap, cos if we get one more injury, we are screwed

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

To be fair he is looking to bring one in and we still have time before the window closes next week. The international break will be a big help and it cant come soon enough!

Westlake33 likes this.
  3. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I think the kids are good enough to step in until the injuries ease...it's why you have them imo.

itfcptc, San Diego and ostlan like this.
  4. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

I'm sure he'd love one in, just a case of who and they'd need a U23 game to be fit you'd imagine.

He's said will be Spence + Knudsen again for Fulham, which I have to say fills me with zero confidence. Roll on the international break as Warky says!

5. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Spence and Knudsen were both immense against Brentford so I think there is room for optimism Westy. <ok>

Westlake33 likes this.
  6. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Dont change a winning combo, even with massive shots against ratio, unless a. There is someone much better, experienced, fit and on our books. b. we have even more injured from kicking a ball about at practices! c. MM has dug a massive hole in ME's trouser pocket! And he buys a genuine proven class player this window who can fill current CB boots immediately.

I remain dumbfounded by our forwards ratio of goals scored. Unbelievable.

Confidence high at Club, long may it remain. I am sure we will bring a couple more pros.
    Players will be looking enviously at our 5 in a row, and thinking, I could enjoy a slice of that pie this winter!

2-1 v Fulham. That'll be 6!

7. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Agree with Weighty, not interested in filling the squad or paying wages out on a player who ultimately is only a short term fix and will then find himself on the bench.

8. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

The thought of that back four playing together for another month scares me.
    Yes they had a good game against Brentford, but bigger and better teams will tear them a new a-hole.
    We're still top lightweight, and need someone stronger in the centre of defence

Westlake33 likes this.
  9. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Stretchy, he will bring AN Other in, but it has to a player with great experience and maturity to marshall the troops, until the injured try get back in on merit. As I have said on another post a while back, what in our training/ rehab programme gets us such a high number of crocked players? If I was a director, I would take a close look at this.

10. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

The amount of injuries mounting up surely cannot be a coincidence? I know we had some flu outbreak in the summer, which may have had an effect, but it's also quite feasible the players get pushed a lot in training. Even before we kick off, the players are doing sprints to and from the fitness coach, I can't recall us, or many other teams doing that. It's probably contributing to our good form though, so I'm just clutching at straws to complain about here.

As for the centre of defence, I agree that Spence and Knudsen looked good against Brentford, Knudsen was probably my man of the match. However, as Westy pointed out, Fulham have the quality to cause our makeshift back four a lot of problems on Saturday. The main saving grace is that Fulham have been in such poor form at the start of the season.

I'd personally like us to get in an experienced player on loan, who is match fit, just for a short term cover. We are in a good position by having a blend of youth and experience (and a lot of firepower) in the starting eleven. Youth players or not, I'd hate for that to be thrown away because we didn't have an actual, experienced centre back in the team for a month. On paper at least, the fixture list picks up in difficulty now, so we've got to be prepared but I trust Mick is well aware of the situation and seems to be trying to find a solution.

11. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Apparently Huws has to have surgery on his injury now, so that could be him out for a couple of months!

12. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

The Kids are alright !

itfcptc, San Diego and Westlake33 like this.