1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Memory Lain (In our downstairs cupboard)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, Sep 28, 2021.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

In our utility room, where once I suppose the servants were confined, is a Welsh dresser, you can hear it singing Sospan Fach when all else is quiet or making the noises Ivor the Engine made, Psss Che Cuff, Psss Che Cuff.

In it lives a basket and in that basket live the things we use to light the fires in winter. In it, has been found some of our collective memories, conveniently bound up as a 2017 edition of the Western Morning News.

upload_2021-9-28_15-27-35.jpeg

And he did, a colossus, but only briefly.

upload_2021-9-28_15-29-20.jpeg

Never was a player better named than dear old Nadir.

upload_2021-9-28_15-34-53.jpeg

Finally an impassioned plea from dear old Lord Christopher Errington, lately of his mansion in New George Street, shown below, in the fine city of Plymouth, to save his friend, Sir Derek Adams, accused of wilfully impersonating a football manager.

please log in to view this image

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You don't get to the bottom of your fire lighting box very often do you Notdistant. Some headlines there though. I often watch Sky sports news on a Saturday afternoon on away days and like to note the scorers as they come through theer. One print not above always makes me smile is Goodwilly. Couldn't hit a barn door for us no matter how hard he tried but scores for fun in his native Scotland time after time. I don't think a Saturday goes by without his name appearing. Funny old game ain't it.