1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Membership conundrum

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Eireleeds1, Feb 15, 2019.

1. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

I am looking into relocating to outer mongolia for our next seasons games. Apparently the reception is superb via the internet.

Eireleeds1 and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  2. lifecheshirewhite

See Jammy,for 10% in cash he can arrange it.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Wonder which football club will be the first to sack all their marketing and ticketing staff and outsource it to a TicketMaster operation. Can you imagine the chaos where tickets go on sale at 9am and are sold out by 9:01am but you can get some from other outlets at vastly inflated prices and some may be duplicates. In some respects you can say the club do a great job ...l

4. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure that's a fair idea, Jammy. I know I'm going to get pelters for this, but why should someone get priority for a ticket perhaps once a year when there may be people who've made it to 10 games (S/T useless due to shift work or whatever). What would you say to these guys if they complained?

The club is between a rock & a hard place re. this priority business. I think they've got it along the right lines, but need to streamline it. Why on earth should you be be entitled to more than 2 tickets with one S/T or premium membership? Surely a 2 ticket limit would solve the problem? It would satisfy the needs of premium memberships, and perhaps even result in more being sold - and hopefully leave some over for general sale too.

The overseas supporters situation is completely different to the loyalty structure imo. If I live in Leeds & my work or other commitments means I can only go to one or two home matches a season, then that's the same as an overseas fan's predicament. So why should the overseas fan have priority over me? Distance is only one circumstance to consider.

Now what I would say about the overseas fans is that if a match is rearranged, the club should stand the expenses they incurred. Without blinking. The fans show of loyalty should be rewarded by the club. I know it's the fault of the Sky/EFL contract, but the club should be raising concerns like this as part of the negotiations. This should also apply to away games too, I might add.

5. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

FollowMe&LeedsUnited Well-Known Member

I'd be happy in the interim to get it to 40,000+ and then see where the land lies so to speak. Whilst we are successful the fans will come but we all know it's the die hards when it isn't as good.

FORZA LEEDS and Irishshako like this.
  6. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

Sorry Doc but I'm not sure I understand your meaning. Would that stop our fans getting a ticket at all?

7. lifecheshirewhite

No different to what already happens with away tickets is the only fair way,them that go the most have to be given priority,for popular games maybe there should be a limit of just the one ticket per membership or ST,A-B-and C cat games,1 ticket cat A,2 tickets B,and 3 cat C.

Whitejock likes this.
  8. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

The overseas fans should be given priority to home games only though even if it is on a loyalty basis. The club know who has been coming all the time and they need to look after all our loyal fans irrespective where they come from.

9. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

I am still waiting for our books to be released to see how much damage was caused by the previous regime with all the court cases and pay outs. If it is true there were at least 27, then there was a lot of mess too be sorted out which would have affected Radrizzani financially. I wouldn't say he is a tight arse at all sorry!

Whitejock, FORZA LEEDS and Jammy 07 like this.
  10. lifecheshirewhite

Is a fan from Sweden who spends £100 on flights more loyal than a fan who spends the same £100 driving from say Plymouth.

11. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Some bloke with a large ariel strapped to a yak. Keeps moving around to confuse lutv.

Eireleeds1 and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  12. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Probably yes as to guarantee actually seeing the game the Swedish fan either has to wait till within five weeks of game to book his flights. They’ll cost several hundreds by then. Other option is for him to stay two nights in hotel in Leeds to allow for sky messing with fixtures. I’d say that’s a lot more hassle and expense than sitting into a car and driving to game a few hours before kick off. I know which I’d prefer

Doc and Jammy 07 like this.
  13. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Needs a 50k stadium and even then this only allows for say 45k Leeds fans and 5k away fans, should we get to the Premier league. I'd suggest a 60k one but lets face it there aren't enough local to Leeds who will support the club. Much of the support for Leeds comes from elsewhere. It's a single club city that doesn't attract the fan base of smaller cities that have more than one club. I've no idea why this is?

Areas of the current ground are antiquated and a larger improved ground would also benefit the city as a must use venue for more sports such as football internationals, boxing and rugby. There are also more concert opportunities. This provides additional revenue for the club but importantly a boost to the local
    economy.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  14. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Totally depends if they've been attending matches on a regular basis over the last 5/10 years.

Think you would have to concede though that the guy from Plymouth has far more available options, the easiest being to get in his car and drive like Narco and son do. It's a totally different proposition traveling from Sweden/Norway, and dare I say Ireland etc but I do know of fans that have ST and just get here when they can.

The other major factor for overseas fans is they have to book months in advance to get flights and a hotel at reasonable costs. The guy from Plymouth can make his decision after he's either been successful or not in attaining a match ticket and his transport costs likely remain the same.

15. lifecheshirewhite

So where do you draw the line,say the guy from Plymouth drives to 2 -3 or 4 times as many games,do you give his ticket to a fan who may just go 1 game a season.No it has to be,priority to them who go the most,but just the one ticket for games likely to sell out.

16. lifecheshirewhite

So as someone who only travels a few miles,are you prepared to give up your ticket to a fan maybe traveling over for his one big game a season.
    No club is going to check back 5 seasons and why 5,why not 10-20 or 30,should LL be given priority over you because he says he used to go 10-20 years ago.
    If so old people will always get priority.

Whitejock likes this.
  17. lifecheshirewhite

When I lived in NZ I would travel back every 2-3 years and time it to get to 2-3 games,should I have been given priority then ?

18. Jammy 07

It's certainly going to be interesting and will create a lot of debate should we achieve promotion.

The announcement from the club this week that ST will be capped at 22,500 is quite a game changer and there will be many fans who have given up their ST in recent times who are now wondering as to the wisdom of that decision.

My son (11) persuaded me to give up his ST a couple of years ago and I warned him that if we ever went back up to the PL he wouldn't get a ticket. Fortunately I managed to get him a half season ticket before xmas and the club confirmed to me on Friday that both his and mine will be renewable at this season's prices. We've decided to renew, as even if we miss out on promotion we definitely still want to be part of things next season. That obviously comes at a significant cost and will have to be paid by 29th March, so well in advance of next season starting. A large financial outlay will have to be borne without any guarantees of which league we'll be playing in...which is something some fans perhaps lose sight of when they are considering their own personal circumstances.

19. Jammy 07

A season ticket guarantees your seat for every home game...but yes I do and will be giving my seat up to worthy people when I feel it's appropriate.

20. lifecheshirewhite

Well as someone who used to travel over from NZ every now and again,can you tell the club I should be top of the list.