1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

McGeady Why???

Discussion in 'Republic of Ireland' started by QPR4Me, Sep 2, 2011.

1. QPR4Me

QPR4Me New Member

Just watched the game against Slovakia. Can someone please answer a simple question?

Why does Trap keep picking that tub of lard that is McGeady?

This useless pudding would shame Pub Sunday League players. Please, oh please can somebody shoot the useless waste of space if it is ever again seen in a green shirt!!

2. Bhoy From Brum

Bhoy From Brum Well-Known Member

He's one of those players with so much ability but needs somebody to give him a big ****ing shake & explain how to play simple & play as a team.

He reminds me of when Ronaldo first moved to Man Utd, doing all the stupid tricks with no end product except he's never matured as a player.

3. darioproctor

darioproctor New Member

<div id="mainWrapper". If this is the unfortunate case, you may end up staying in Durham a little longer than you expected. If they need to order it directly from the factory, it may take several weeks. But don't give up all hope yet. Before you commit to waiting for the part to ship, go around to some of the other local auto repair shops and see if they have the part you need in stock<br><br><a href="http://www.posh24.de/user/napoleonrohrbac/guestbook"> Other About north face mens north face womens north face kids north face accessories The North Face Jacket,North Face Outlet,The North Face Sale,North Face Coats,North Face Backpacks,The North Face Store Login blog </a><br><br><a href="http://cypressmountain.com/users/nakishaschrader"> About bignorthface.org blog </a>

4. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Has darioproctor gone mental? :emoticon-0112-wonde

As a Norwich fan, I'm always surprised Wes Hoolahan is always overlooked by the Italian. I'd take him over McGeady any day, has more creativity in my opinion.

Does anybody actually monitor McGeady's form in Russia?

5. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, he is deployed as a number 10 in Russia and is doing very well. He is just back from a lay off from injury as well.

Play him as narrow as he was and he is going to be ineffective. Have a left back that doesn't get beyond him and he is going to be ineffective.
    Yes he is a frustrating player at times but I'll bet a million pounds that Trap is fairly happy with that performance from McGeady but I'll bet that McGeady is frustrated at having to play in such a fashion to keep Trap happy.

6. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

Have to say that Ward gave him no support whatsoever and nobody ever got beyond the midfield anyway? Put any player in his situation and he is going to look bad.

Overall poor approach to a game which could end up costing us a playoff place. Never looked like we wanted to go for the win and were just too afraid to lose.

Also one of the most boring games of football I've ever sat through <yawn>

7. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

ward is well capable of getting past the winger and creating an overlap. i find it absolutely incredible that McGeady is getting the flak for this. He did his job as requested of him. ward, the same. That was down to Trap. Nobody else. when they came off the pitch, he could say nothing to them other than "lads, you did exactly what I asked you to do".

8. sa1nts

sa1nts Active Member

&#1053;&#1080;&#1082;&#1072;&#1082;&#1072;&#1103; &#1074;&#1086;&#1079;&#1084;&#1086;&#1078;&#1085;&#1086;&#1089;&#1090;&#1100; &#1074;&#1086;&#1086;&#1073;&#1097;&#1077;.

&#1056;&#1086;&#1089;&#1089;&#1080;&#1103; 6 &#1048;&#1088;&#1083;&#1072;&#1085;&#1076;&#1080;&#1081; 0 <ok>

9. Have_Somma_That

Have_Somma_That New Member

"As a Norwich fan, I'm always surprised Wes Hoolahan is always overlooked by the Italian. I'd take him over McGeady any day, has more creativity in my opinion."

As a Leeds fan who's been tormented by Wes over the last few seasons I'd agree wholeheartedly, a top-notch quality player, that like others before are being overlooked because they can pass the ball forwards instead of backwards, typical Trap!

10. tidalbay

tidalbay Member

good shout on Wes Houlahan

11. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Our Meanier just bate the ****e into slovakia....... up for grabs now

12. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

Bloody tasty group now after todays results! Armenia are right back in with a shout now as well!

Bit pissed off though that we'd be basically guaranteed a playoff place at least if we beat Slovakia on Friday!!!

13. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

and should have beat them over there too.

14. lufcnyc

lufcnyc New Member

I have to say mcgeady did do well tracking back today for stephen ward but otherwise it was him just doing nothing with his runs and crosses. i thought mcgeady was extremely poor against slovakia but the only reason why he probably got the nod today was he was the only player in the squad who's played on the artificial turf before.

15. gunnersurprisepeople

McGeady did well covering for Ward as said, he is a little wasteful at times no doubt but he gives it 100% every time and can unlock defences, this is not something we have in spades. Houlihan looks ok at championship level I guess and has to be worth a shot. Trap though is a stubborn man and has his ways. He might lead Ireland to the finals but it won't be pretty, that said Ireland usually punch above their weight so it would be a massive achievement in any fashion!