1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

McDermott, Reading and Koren

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Blaknamberblood, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Hi all,

anyone see the interview with Brian McDermott this morning on Sky Sports news, he was talking about his recent acquisitions, and when asked if he had any other transfer targets he played it with a high left elbow but said that he was still hopeful of adding another player he has been looking at for a few weeks, when asked if this player was in the English leagues he said yes. Now with all the speculation that`s been thrown around regarding Koren and Reading, I suspect (and only suspect) that it could have been Koren who he referred to. It looks like SB is going to play 2 up front so would this mean Koren having to play out wide and not accommodate him in the middle of the park, something which he has previously stated he doesn`t enjoy. He has also indicated in quotes previously attributed to him in the Daily Fail that he would consider such a move.

Seems we may lose Koren if my spidey sense is right, anyone with inside knowledge please put my fears to bed !!!

2. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'd guess Buzsaky. Failed to agree terms with QPR for another deal despite them wanting to keep him, he's younger than Koren and has a better all round game (he played the equivalent of Evans' role a lot for QPR since they signed Taarabt) as well as representing a danger from set pieces (as they've signed Shorey to replace Harte a weakness they've picked up). McDermott has also done a bit of shopping at Loftus Road recently, Gorkks last summer and Connolly on loan in January being the two that spring to mind as having been completed deals.

The only speculation about Koren that hasn't been someone on a messageboard has been his agent saying they'd consider a move to Reading if they came in for him. Everything else has been people using that one comment to assume it's more than an agent saying "my player would be interested in joining a newly promoted club in a higher division who could pay him a lot more money because they're in the PL and owned by a billionaire". I think the specific naming by them though was more to do with knowing the manager had been interested before and seeing that as a way to get the money by reminding him that he'd seen something in the player once when he was looking for PL players than it was about Reading having actually shown an interest now.

3. Fettis the striker

Fettis the striker Well-Known Member

looks like reading are on the verge of signing chris gunter from forest

4. Hull City AFC (HCHKR)

Hull City AFC (HCHKR) Well-Known Member

David Burns ‏@bbcburnsy
    steve bruce just told me in talks with Robbie Koren about potential new deal! #hcafc

5. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

Hope this helps!

please log in to view this image

6. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

The missing bit of that tweet is that there has been a definite approach for Koren.

7. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

the plot thickens, but hopefully Koren will commit himself to us.

8. doveston

doveston Active Member

a new deal? for city or reading?
    look robbie just ****off to reading.weve been offered 5 mil for you.your my transfer budget.go ****off and play prem football cos i wont be offering you a new contract this week let alone next year.

9. augustatiger

augustatiger Well-Known Member

Didnt look a prem player tonight,

10. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

Can't see Koren going but he is far too overated at our club although his goals are a boost