1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

McCormack to Villa... Good news?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by LiamO, Aug 3, 2016.

1. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

Looks like McCormack is off to Villa according to the press. This could be of benefit to us I think. I think the chances of Villa being a contender this season are slim, so for a good striker to move there, instead of Norwich, is good for us. I can see Norwich being quite strong this season, so for them to lose out on a proven goalscorer to Villa is a plus and Fulham lose there best striker just before we play them, too. There are a lot of positives in this move for us. If we couldnt sign him, then the best option was for him to move to a team that may under perform, and Villa fit that description quite nicely. Happy Days??

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I get your point there.
    I.. too don't see Villa as contenders this year .

3. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Sweet, there goes fulham's main attacking threat on Friday then!

Would be surprised if Villa are challenging for the title, Di Matteo is decent, but club is a mess, confidence is low, and this new owner seems like a deranged lunatic who had no idea what he is doing.

Norwich are solid but unspectacular, and McCormack would have made them much more of a threat, agree this is the best outcome if we're not buying him.

4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I don't think it should make too much difference to ourselves bar being a blow to Fulham ahead of Friday. It will be nice to kick off all football in England for the new season. It would be nice if we can win and even better if we win well and put on a show. Things could really snowball with a positive start.

I'm feeling good for the new season. We have a good squad, a good manager, a positive fanbase. I know a lot of our fans will still be disappointed at not being in the PL but as I said last year, its not the be all and end all. Football is football. If match days are enjoyable, the disappointment of last year will quickly be forgotten.

whack&blite and LiamO like this.
  5. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

Agree, I just want to watch games with at least some confidence we might actually win some. I dont care who the opposition is to be honest. Just want to see the lads winning for a change..

6. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

They're few and far between surely? Yes relegation was a disappointed, but we've rarely been optimistic.

This is the most positive I've felt at the start of a season for a long while, easily since Robson - we have the best manager in years, who is receiving financial backing, and more importantly than that, we have a manager who has actually stamped his authority and is not just going to be a front to Ashley's embarrassment and put up with the transfers that get lumped on him.

I'm sure most fans would take feeling positive going into a championship season compared with the dross we've put up with in the premiership for the last decade or so - McClaren's utter ineptitude, Pardew being a slimy front to Ashley's grubby money making, Carver being "the best manager in the premiership", Alladyce's unwatchable 70 yard hoofing, Roeder being a spineless weasel, and Souness just being ****.

7. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

...and Hughton being decent then getting kicked to the curb.

8. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

You missed out a slur on Joke Kinnear matey, come on man.!!