1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mathias Kouo-Doumbe signs new MK Dons deal

Discussion in 'MK Dons' started by Not606 News Team, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Mathias Kouo-Doumbe has signed a new two-year contract at MK Dons, the club has confirmed.

The 31-year-old ex-Plymouth Argyle defender accepted the new offer from the Karl Robinson's side and is now tied to the club until June 2013.

Kouo-Doumbe is now set to begin his third season with the Dons. Comfortable at centre-back or right-back, he also offers a goal-threat from set-pieces.

The French defender made 51 appearances last season on his way to being voted the Dons' players' player of the year by his team-mates.

After signing his deal, Kouo-Doumbe said he was keen to help the club push towards the Championship after a near-miss in the play-offs last season.

He said: "After the season we had last year I am really excited to play again with the team, especially the way we're playing now and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and to doing a good job again.

"What we did last year was really good but this year we have to do better. The most important year since I've been here was last year because of the way we were performing, everyone played with confidence and I think we can build on that."