1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Massive Weekend

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Weekender.jpg
    Another weekend and plenty of laughs as we watch some of the shocking football in the European Championships. Obviously a couple of massive plusses with the performances of Kalvin Phillips and Klich who played well creating a goal but on the losing side. Alioski has scored and put himself about and I enjoyed the commitment of him and his team. Coops may not start tonight but will always be remembered for being a defender against that 50yd lob that the Scots keeper missed. Hoping that Kalvin cements his place tonight.

Big questions this week:

1. Forshaw, is he good enough to play Premier League footy. Is he the player Bielsa has been waiting for. Is he a sick-note and should we sell him. Discuss.
    2. Costa, lots of stories about him being sold but surely something needs to happen with him because in fairness we paid a loan fee for him and covered his wages for a season. We then spent another £17m on buying him but we have hardly had any pay-back yet. Can Bielsa bring out the best in him because it was Bielsa who bought him. Or should we offload for as much as we can get to a Championship side because that’s his level?
    3. Angus Gunn has been a keeper Bielsa has tried to land a few times in the last 3 seasons, and if its true we are trying again, then surely it must mean Kiko is going back to Spain?
    4. Bogutsz arrived as a big strapping lad who was bossing the midfield every time he set foot on the pitch. Another starlet wanted by Bielsa but for some reason he stagnated and was then sent out on loan. Still only 19yo and he will either be sold, loaned out or put back into the U23s to get his mojo back. Is he worth another punt because the Polish champions Legia Warsaw want to buy him or even get him on loan, but they want him?
    5. A few months ago WJ (White Jock) said something to me regarding the way the U23s played and set-up. Then earlier this week he mentioned it again and got me thinking that he may have something. I asked the question about Bielsa using Phillips further forward as per his England position and using someone else or bringing in a top DM. Neil then mentioned the U23s earlier in the season where it seemed that players were rotating into different positions depending on where the ball was, if we were attacking or if defending. A mobile unit …… When you see how we attack in triangles and at speed it means players rotate fast up the field, then when we lose the ball we attack the player with the ball in a press and back to man to man marking. Wonder if Bielsa has a plan in mind for giving some players 2 positions each game, but can only do the plan when he has the players he wants? Wonder if Bielsa is going to shock Man Utd in August. Lets face it teams will now be ready and think they have a plan to stop us, but wonder if Bielsa has a counter up his sleeve?
    6. The highly respected football financial guru Keiran Maguire, looked at the Big Kev FIFA ruling and said: this has months if not years to run because FIFA are outside their comfort zone, and on top of whatever happens, because Leeds already hold the whip hand, Leeds will have to be paid a fee if they lose. In law Leeds Utd win but in the unlikely event they lose, they must be paid a fee for the player…… If we lose we will hold the registration documents for Big Kev

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  2. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There is absolutely no reason why Forshaw can't just return but take that next level.

Who would have thought the likes of Dallas, Ayling etc would dominate o much.

I have to say that Alioski was one of our better betters at the second half of the season

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Ayling and Dallas have been massive, Struijk has been a revelation, Bamford is now much better, Harrison is improving, Meslier playing in the big time so young. Cooper another player who has improved under Bielsa. Klich has been massive mostly. (8 players)

Alioski gives his all but isnt a starter for me, if he stays. Roberts needs to show us what Bielsa sees in him because again he isnt a starter for me. Costa is a disappointment and needs to sort himself out, another non starter. Poveda needs end product (4 players)

Llorente is sheer class and Koch is also a class act. Rodrigo will have a fantastic season and Raphinha will get even better. (4 players)

A new left back needed and a new top midfielder (2 players)

Plenty of room for the likes of Gelhardt, Greenwood, Drameh and Summerville

blonogasoven likes this.
  4. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Right. Let's get through this. Great weekend thread Doc but I might disagree somewhat for a change.

Not sure Cooper will be remembered for the lob. The keeper might be.

As for Forshaw he can play at that level. He has done it before and excelled. There was talk of England caps at one point. It's all about his recovery from injury. The talk ofselling him frustrates me on here. Who the hell would pay a fee for a player who hasn't played for two years? We could release him but have to pay up his contract. So we may aswell keep him and hope he becomes an asset for us.

Angus Gunn is ****. Don't want him.

Bogusz needs to come back in and play with the lads in the 23's. He excelled at that level. He is still young and has time to rediscover his mojo.

I think Bielsa might toy with Phillips at 8 and Koch at 4. Koch had an excellent game in midfield towards the end of the season. We didn't miss Phillips at all that day.

Both Leipzig and Leeds signed away Big Kevs registration when he left Leipzig. We won't own a thing if the case goes against us. Just a huge bill.

Aski and ristac like this.
  5. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If Phillips continuous in his rich vain of form playing attacking mid, perhaps he should play the same for Leeds?

6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It would be typical Leeds if Kelvin goes from hero to villain and got sent off tonight. I hope he doesn’t but huge pressure and all eyes on him tonight

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

With regard to big Kev I thought the same as you, but the law according to Maguire and that includes football law and football rules, means if Leeds have to pay for the player the player registration is owned by Leeds. This means if his present club want to keep him beyond his present deal they must agree a fee with Leeds. If his club dont want to retain him a transfer fee to his next club must be agreed with Leeds. To make sense of it every player has a registration which is retained by a club, even in the case of free transfers the registration moves from one club to whichever club the player moves to. In this case he was allowed to leave but even though his present club hold his registration hes is only a temp document due to the situation. He was allowed to move because one club say they sold him to Leeds. I suggest you look it up dont take my word for it, but the whole thing is an anomaly and why nothing is resolved. His present club are not allowed to sell him unless the situation is resolved in favour of Leeds

8. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

You don't pay for something you have never owned. We may have signed off taking up the option to buy him and rightly so. Perhaps i could interest uou in buying my car. You will of course pay me but never own it. Then i will rent it put to someone else who tries to give it back when it breaks down again. Neither of us will then deny owning the car but i will still want the money from you.
    The german club got stuck with a dud and are trying it on.

9. wakeybreakyheart

I think with England playing against a pub team all he needs to do is play football the bielsa way. I think the sweaty socks may be punching way above and liable to get reds themselves. I will be pleased with the victory but four nil would be better.

ristac likes this.
  10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In regards to Kev I wonder if we’d agreed a wage with him, it’s okay saying we should receive a transfer fee or that we own his registration but maybe just agreeing he can join a club for free would be the best option.

We had a fantastic season but signing Kev on loan (with the “promotion commit to buy clause) was a huge mistake. If we get stung for it then a lesson learned, we’re being (understandably) a bit naughty about it all and we should have honoured the agreement

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

All the talk about our kids not breaking through yet, got me thinking about 19yo Michael Olise from Reading with 7 goals and 12 assists from midfield obviously a talent that has broken through

12. wakeybreakyheart

Faulty goods made return to sender.

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Leeds will be due major 'windfall' as Kieran Maguire reveals surprise Augustin news
    Leeds United will be able to sell Jean-Kevin Augustin to another club and collect a big “windfall” should they lose their ongoing legal battle with RB Leipzig.

That is according to finance guru and Football Insider columnist Kieran Maguire, speaking exclusively after Leipzig revealed the latest in the ongoing dispute.

Maguire explains that Leeds will receive the French forward’s documents which they would then be able to sell on if they lose the dispute.

That would surprisingly then see them cash in on the player.

He told Football Insider correspondent Adam Williams: “They would get the registration for the player. The £18m is not for the football player, it is for his registration.

“They are allowed to transfer that to another club and then recoup some money. So logically, there would be some financial windfall or recovery for Leeds in this case.

“The 30th of June was what was in the contract in terms of promotion. Were they promoted by that date? They were effectively, but they hadn’t received their shares in the Premier League.

“When a club is promoted or relegated to the Premier League, shares are transferred from one club to the other.

14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It’s a joke of a headline though, windfall? What value is he? We are forced to hand over £18m for him, get £2m if lucky so we’re £16m down yet it’s a windfall?

15. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

You trying your best to fcuking tings up
    Again

16. wakeybreakyheart

Tings aint wat they used to bee.

Irishshako and 2 pennth like this.
  17. 2 pennth

It’s the Irish in me

Irishshako and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  18. 2 pennth

Ups that’s open to misinterpretation

Irishshako likes this.
  19. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Written by an estate agent perhaps?

Irishshako likes this.
  20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Lord Paddy Bamford must be loving it right now. Sat drinking chilled Blue Nun, wearing slippers and smoking a pipe, thinking that the 2nd best English striker has just seen his value sky rocket. The best striker in England was as sprightly as Alan Brazil and laboured forward and then stopped for a rest near the half way line for a bit. Paddy sent Kalvin a text saying to feign injury and bale out fast or get trashed in the media…..

wakeybreakyheart and 2 pennth like this.