1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Postecoglou & Lange (& Paratici) Watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Dier Hard, Apr 19, 2021.

?

Next gaffer, who's your preference?

1. Arne Slot

2. Ruben Amorim

3. Luis Enrique

4. Ange Postocoglou

5. Brendan Rodgers

6. Graham Potter

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

What makes you say that?

I think Paratici has come in and he’s driving the managerial selections and that is why managers from Serie A are/were being targeted by Spurs. This is why Potter and Parker haven’t completed disappeared off the radar too.

Billy The Spur likes this.
  2. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Paratici may have suggested Foneca, he probably did...but only Levy would be able to change his mind this late in the day. There's NO WAY Paratici picked Fonseca and then changed his mind at the critical moment...leaving him and us looking ridiculous. That level of crass stupidity is reserved for people who own the thing, not their employees.

Paratici has authority to make decisions that Daniel agrees with...and no more.

3. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

There are suggestions now that Paratici wants Nuno - but Daniel doesn't! Looks like @Tilly'sowner maybe right Paratici will be very short term at this rate

4. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

for some reason this sprang to mind

The Changing Man likes this.
  5. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

There is nothing left at the heart of this club, apart from the owners wanting to protect their investment and secure an NFL franchise. All of the appointments will be short term - manager, DoF, the lot. If ENIC and Levy remain, I can see us doing this nonsense again in little more than a year.

6. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Not sure how anyone can any longer believe there was any kind of succession planning for when we sacked JM.

9 weeks after the event and over 5 months on from that horror sequence of results from December to February and we are staggering around like a Scottish fan in Leicester Square.

Simply embarrassing

7. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Yeah but the stadium?

Yeah but Covid?

@PowerSpurs to confirm

Roo and Billy The Spur like this.
  8. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Rafa ?

16/1 at the bookies, with Klinsman only 5/1 so which of these two would you rather

9. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Of what the seemingly potential options are now, which I think are ten Hag, Valverde, Rangnick, Nuno and possibly Klinsman, I’d like ten Hag or Valverde. Rangnick would’ve been fine as DoF but not sure for managerial role, don’t really like Nuno’s style and Klinsmann would be just a sentimental appointment.

KingHotspur likes this.
  10. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

I am sure there was a plan. It just didn't happen. I suspect Nagelsmann was the plan.

PowerSpurs likes this.

11. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

Why is it embarrassing to interview a few candidates? That's actually how all senior posts are filled. If you haven't got an internal successor then that is what all succession plans amount to. How we appointed Mourinho was the embarrassing process.

12. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

We’ve seemingly interviewed the whole block plus Doris the tea lady, been rejected by some and rejected others and now we’re practically scraping the barrel unless we get ten Hag - who even by many accounts is still a risk - and by now may think “sod that” having seen the current circus. All whilst heading into the most crucial summer ENIC/ Levy have faced with a squad that needs significant surgery along with the possibility of losing our one world class player.

Things aren’t exactly rosey at the moment.

13. remembercolinlee

Sorry but you are minimising to suit your agenda (not meant as an insult as we all have an agenda).

Everyone with a brain knew JM was finished back in February. The club should have had a list of candidates and have had a definite from some by time they sacked him two months later...just like they did with Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, Sherwood and Pochettino.

To not have some one in post shows that the club did no preparation work for the inevitable sacking of JM...presumably cos they were poncing around making a principled decision to join the ESL.

The idea that after clearly trying for Nagelsmann, Pochettino, Ten Hag, Conte, Fonseca and failing to get any that we are not embarrassing ourselves (very publicly) is fanciful or delusional depending on your stance.

To have considered Gattuso was plainly moronic.

These names were spoken about by respected journalists with a clear attachment to the club so to dismiss them as non stories is wrong imo.

We are 9...NINE weeks on from the sacking and are no nearer appointing a new manager.
    There is no excuse for that imo.
    We were told that we were waiting for the season to end...when the final game ended we were told the season hadn't yet ended cos of the CL final had to be played...after that was played we were told that the season was on until the playoffs had finished...now we are being told that it makes no difference cos the Euros are on so there's no need to rush.

We have no pre season training or squad preparation taking place cos we ain't got a manager...this will be the case for at least another week.

That will be 7 weeks before the season starts so will clearly interfere with our preparation...I raised this from the minute JM was sacked...butte club seem to think that having no manager will not effect preparation.

All of this is why I find it embarrassing.

Preparation is everything

14. PowerSpurs

Everyone in football has June off. There will be no training or any other preparation for another two weeks. I don't count signing or selling players as I don't think the coach adds much to that.

The reason that June 1 was an interesting date is that it is when contracts expire. Lining someone up before that is sub optimal because you only have limited numbers of candidates.

I don't have an agenda as such but I think I have a self consistent model for how to run a football club which is very different to the average fan but quite close to that of ENIC and Levy. It would be very surprising if choice of data to support my analysis was entirely unbiased though.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  15. remembercolinlee

Transfer plans are not made in July...they are made in the previous months.
    No manager means no plans have been made.
    If we got Pochettino back we would require different players to if we got Nuno as our manager as they want their teams to play a different style of football.
    We are flapping around different managers with different styles therefore no sensible plans for transfers out and in can be made cos we do not have a clue what type of manager we want.
    From Conte to Fonseca to Gattuso in 10 days is a joke.

Give an interview about appointing a manager who meets the club's history and values on a Saturday and by the Thursday approach a twat who has a history of spouting **** that clearly does not match our values ... then **** yourself cos of a fan backlash that you didn't see coming.

Sorry but this is a joke.

Also you completely ignore the point that when we sacked Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, Sherwood and Pochettino we already had a replacement lined up and agreed yet even though it was clear in February that JM would have to be sacked we failed to do any succession planning as the last 9 weeks have proven.

16. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think we're still making plans and players are being lined up, but I generally agree with your points.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  17. remembercolinlee

Enic have only ever replaced Pleat, Redknapp and Sherwood in the summer. All 3 replacements (Santini, AVB and Pochettino) were "free agents" as they had either been sacked or had quit their previous clubs.

Compared to this, Hoddle, Pleat, Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, Sherwood, JM and Mason were appointed during the season.

In isolation I get your point of view but this is not in isolation.

Employing JM, Furlough, Not sacking JM in Feb 21, The ESL, and no succession planning are 5 huge mistakes just 18 months.

Simply unacceptable.

I would be out on my arse if I ****ed up that much to that degree in my job as many, many people are.

Tbh, most of our managers have been sacked for less

18. remembercolinlee

My worry is that we will get players in that a manager coming in doesn't need or can not do what the manager needs.

Foe example...if I was a manager I would not play Dier, Sanchez or Ndombele.
    If @PowerSpurs was he may well do.
    (It's irrelevant who is right ) but keeping them and hiring me would not make senseor selling them and hiring PS would not make sense...therefore you need the manager involved.

Ultimately that is what did for Jol and AVB.

19. PowerSpurs

My view is that no manager, whether you, me or Conte has the information to know which of our players is better than possible replacements. The job of the coach is to get the best out of the squad.
    I also think fans massively overestimate how different players are from each other. Most players can play pretty well in most positions and systems.

20. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Compared to random people in the street. Not compared to their fellow top-level players.