1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Martinez's job safe no matter what. Is this a lack of ambition?

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by DrPhotosynthesis, Nov 6, 2011.

1. DrPhotosynthesis

I think it's a complete insult to the fans of Wigan that Martinez seems to have a safe job regardless of whether he gains another point or not this season. From the outside it seems a complete lack of ambition from the club but maybe you guys see it differently? You've been in the PL for 7 seasons or so now so surely you expect more of a fight to stay up? Keeping Fartinez in charge would be suicide for you, he may be a club legend but as a manager he's useless!

2. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

You are exactly right it is an insult to the paying fans when you work all week and you pays your money its wrong that we should have to put up with that thay were absolutely rubbish i mean Al habsi could`nt save goals all afternoon and to put conner salmon on for the last minute`s of the game was a bad call buy fartinez.

3. DrPhotosynthesis

Al Habsi was awesome today, two of the saves in particular were world class. I'm not even a Wigan fan but it would frustrate me so much to be at the moment. Martinez winds me up in interviews the way he says the team performance was great and that they played some good football, it's not the point! Stoke are **** to watch but they get points on the board. It's 9 defeats for you guys now in all competitions, you would have to think any other manager at any club would be under serious pressure right now but for Roberto apparently this is not the case. It's not too late your squad has some decent players but unfortunately if uncle Dave doesn't sack him I think we'll (Hull) be seeing you in the championship next season.

4. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

If we had a striker that can score goals and goals we'd have no problem, create so many chances and in the final third nothing happens , we'd have easily won if we took our chances

5. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Your right BCFC thats what we need and need fast because whatever Rodallega had when Steve Bruce signed him from Necaxa were infact he scored 25 goals.He has`nt got it know.

6. Blue_Since_62

Blue_Since_62 New Member

fromthestands : it's not only Rodallega who Martinez has ruined. Alcaraz had a storming World Cup in S.Africa but looks like a pub defender this season. James McArthy had the makings of a complete right sided midfielder last season, so Martinez sticks him at left wing against Bolton then drops him and we wonder why he looks a shadow of his former self. Connor Samon doesn't get a look in. Maloney- did he ever arrive at Wigan or is he another Scott-Sinclair type figment of our imagination - another player who Martinez wouldn't play for more than 10 minutes at a time and now looks a world-beater for Swansea! Why sign them if he has no faith in them? The list goes on - how long before the great Ali can't catch a cold!

I slated Martinez all last season, then when he stayed in summer I thought "Loyalty, great. Maybe with another year's experience under his belt and having lost only Zoggy , he'll be a better manager this season". So I've held back till now. What a fool I was!!!! He won't learn if (God forbid) he stays for another 10 years.

Dave Whelan's refusal to consider sacking him is a kick in the guts for the season ticket holders. Right now I feel I was conned into buying a ticket this season, the current team is Premier League in name only. I am seriously beginning to believe there really is a master plan to balance the books at all costs and take us down as far as can go.

If Martinez had a shred of honour and loved the club half as much as he professes he would have resigned by now. If we lose to Blackburn - as I believe we will - and he doesn't resign or be sacked we can kiss goodbye to the top flight.

7. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Why won't he get rid of Martinez? Because they have a very financially beneficial deal, Martinez has reduced the debts of Wigan, by selling the star players last season, and replacing them with very cost effective replacements, this debt reduction deal between Martinez and Whelan is at the heart of the partnership, and why Whelan will not sack Martinez, the fans are an after thought, and will not figure until the club has no debt whatsoever (Like Swansea) and only then will Whelan consider cutting Bobby free.

One thing I learnt regarding Martinez when he was at Swansea, was that he is one stubborn son of a gun, and while it's obvious to all that Martinez needs to bring in a defensive coach, his stubborn pride will not allow him, I think you are looking good, for breaking the Derby County record, and that is one I never thought would, or could be beaten!......
    please log in to view this image

8. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Wigan won't have less than 11 points come the end of the year, may still get relegated though which might be okay in a way considering the amount of crap that's get spoke about us