1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Martin Oneill Your thoughts please

Discussion in 'Nottingham Forest' started by itsinthenet, Oct 3, 2011.

1. itsinthenet

itsinthenet Member

Martin O'Neill I admit i would love to see him back as the new Nottingham Forest manager. I just cant see it happening we seem to have run out of money. If we cant afford him, I would like to see Sean O Driscoll as manager least his teams play football and he wouldn't cost anything after been harshly sacked at Doncaster. what are other fans thoughts?.

2. The Midland 20

The Midland 20 New Member

Despite the connections, I cant see MON going to Forest. (But as I'm usually wrong about everything according to the missus, I'd get your money on it!)

I think it'll more likely be someone like Dave Jones. He must be looking for a new job...

3. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

dave jones and o'driscoll look most likely i reckon.

4. tommylion

tommylion Active Member

It's a job made in heaven for any potential manager - for **** sake - nobody could do worse than the 'wally with the brolly'<laugh>

5. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

martin o'neill would have to be crazy to take the job. maybe roy keane is man enough and tough enough to take it on. then again there is always sean o'driscoll, just placed on garden leave from doncaster rovers ? maybe forest will take that option.

6. The FRENCH TICKLER

dave jones lives not far from bristol city and was told that he is ear marked for that post sometime soon.

then again venkys @ blackburn maybe looking for a new manager so steve kean may also be free for the forest job.

7. The FRENCH TICKLER

there you go. keith millen @ bristol city now sacked. so Dave Jones will be on his way there.

8. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

If Forest are cash stricken then Sean O'Driscoll would be my best guess. Used to working on a shoe string budget all his managerial life and getting his teams playing good, attractive and effective football.

9. The FRENCH TICKLER

yes but he had young men at donny. most of forests key players are getting old and leggy. but yes a very cheap option for sure.

10. TigerReece

TigerReece Member

Your going to take Phil Brown from Preston lol :)

11. The FRENCH TICKLER

oh no lol. just when forest fans thought it could not get much worse. lmao.

12. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Please don't offer the job to Roy Keane! You would be ****ing mad to give him the job the clueless twat! <yikes>

13. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Mark Robins ticks all the boxes for me got Barnsley to mid table from being bottom

14. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

paul trollope is a red hot favourite, gets on well with peter ridsdale

15. itsinthenet

itsinthenet Member

Roy Keane spent millions at Ipswich and they still didn't finish anywhere near the playoffs. Mark Robins wouldn't be a bad choice to be fair he always plays good football and I still think he has a lot to offer.

16. bigroddysboot

bigroddysboot New Member

Just been on the Bristol city board talking about my teams manager Derek McInnes. Would you be averse to appointing someone who is more of an unknown quantity in the championship??

I'm not trying to get rid if him at all, he's worked wonders up here, and shows all the signs of being very successful in years to come. Someone sometime will take a punt on him and they won't regret it. Look how well Paul lambert has done at Norwich and as a contrast how his big name rival got on with a healthy budget at Ipswich..

Anyway a big decision for your club and I hope you find yer man. Mark robins is very impressive and I can't believe Sean O'driscoll has been removed! He was doing so well.

17. trickytree29

trickytree29 Member

MON would be my preffered choice but there is no way in hell he will come here without some serious money to spend. The reason he left Villa was down to not having the cash to splash, can you seriously see him putting up with that Twat Mark Arthur? On the other hand I keep hearing rumours about Billy coming back which I would love but sadly fear will not happen

18. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

appears you will be getting Keane, hahahaha

19. bilko

bilko Member

Think you've had a lucky escape with Paul bore you to death Hart. we had him as caretaker manager last season and he bored us to death with his tactics playing 4-5-1 in the games he was in charge and we lost most games 1-0 with him there and his style of football bored the pants off us.

I know he's an ex forest guy but believe me you are lucky he turned you down.

20. glynnak

glynnak Member

could mon handle the step up from celtic and villa?