1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mark Little racist abuse pathetic

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Bluebaldee, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Absolutely fine to give footballers a bit of grief on social media if they play poorly or whatever, but why some individuals feel that bringing their race or other personal insults into the equation is acceptable I will never know.

It’s a pretty sad state of affairs in 2021 that this is still so prevalent.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you, any paying fan who attends the match I believe is entitled to criticise or praise any player on the pitch on a forum like this or twitter if you take part on those thing however to criticise any person or player because colour race or creed is well out of order.
    The situation isn't helped by judges / magistrates who give very lenient sentences when the people are caught. I suspect that if any comment considered racist were posted on here that somebody somewhere would delete them and if they weren't i further suspect that the person who posted them would soon wish he hadn't.

Is it to much to ask that people give RESPECT to ALL PEOPLE, and if it is at a match to all players and and match officials

Bluebaldee likes this.
  3. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

And now we have these social media morons sending death threats to Mike Dean’s family over a sodding game. It’s ridiculous and either the social media companies sort out what is posted on their platforms or they should become liable.

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I stand 100% with Bristol Rovers fans against these wicked people who insult, cause grief and fear in such a despicable cowardly fashion, it disgusts me.

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

And this is why taking a knee is still needed.

Bluebaldee likes this.
  6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I'm sorry mate, the only person I'll bend my knee for is the wife, I won't bow to the Queen or any other, I'm with you 100% but the only person I worship is my own god and that's personal.

old timer likes this.
  7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Ditto my old friend <ok>

I didn't mean us though. I meant the players before kick off <ok>

Some will say its not working so stop taking the knee. But to me, taking the knee is making racists come out of the shadows and showing themselves up! Once the players stop taking the knee, it takes attention away from the issue and that is exactly what the racists want. More is still needed though. Taking the knee is not enough. People are not born racist. So education is needed everywhere.

old timer likes this.