1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Marcos Rojo stamp on Eden Hazard

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

It looks like he could be in trouble with the FA, the press and media are reporting on it.

2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I saw it during the game, didn't look bad real time.

3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Watching it back it looks deliberate but as I said during the game it looked like he realised he was going to stand on him and pulled his foot away.

6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It wasn't much was it? If was Hazard would have rolled about like he was shot but, to his credit, didn't.

Even so, he could have not done it so will probably get a ban. Not five game though, it wasn't the head. The severity and potential for damage to the head is why Mings got the more substantial ban.

7. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Amazed Rojo got through that game without a booking. He lost the plot a bit.

8. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Aye, ref was pretty inconsistent letting Rojo get away with a lot whilst Herrera's second booking was pretty much a nothing challenge.

Rojo might be saved by the fact that when he landed on Hazard he jumped straight off and didn't really put any weight on him. But given the level of media involvement and focus on the game I think the FA will fix this one again to make sure he gets a ban. Probably a fair outcome - whilst I don't think he made a deliberate decision to stamp on Hazard, he certainly could have made more of an effort not to land on him.

9. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Herrera's in isolation was soft but the ref had obviously had a word with at least 2 united players about persistent fouls on Hazard and then Herrera goes and fouls him again within a matter of seconds. Stupid really. Players should be protected as well to an extent. The tactic of just roughing up a skilful player to stop him playing shouldn't be tolerated.

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

And yet when Fergie was saying that a decade ago about Ronaldo everyone and his wife were slating him for it. Go figure!

11. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

But the game has moved on, times have changed........................................blah, blah, ****ing blah. We can not tackle skillful players and must get out of their way when they want to run past, don't you know that by now?

These Oliver apologists, Adrian ****ing Durham amongst them, who think that he was warning the 'team' prior to booking Herrera need to realise you don't book the team, you book the offender. On the merits of the tackle.

It is giving waaaaaaaay too much credit to a bloke who went on to lose any control of the game whatsoever that he pulled Jones over to warn him that the next offender, any offender, would be booked. He was warning Jones and ****ed up by booking Herrera, wrongly.

He should have booked Jones, correctly, there and then an we probably wouldn't even be having this argument. Oliver was the joke on display, not the United players, who took the lead from his lack of any clue and went with it from that moment.

Treble likes this.
  12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I like to measure the vitriol of ABUs by imagining the rhetoric if the opposite had happened and a Chavbus player had been sent off... or dare I say Surman for Southampton. And then the same muppets will be claiming how the Ref was shocking and killed the game before creating a thread claiming he should be banished to hell. Go figure!!

13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Astro is a perfect example, last night he was in tears because United players surrounded the ref and said they should be punished but it would be ignored because it's United, tonight he is crying because the FA have charged us for it and is saying it's to get away with some other punishment <laugh>
    I have never known anyone with such a muddled mind <doh>

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's funny, I'd missed this level of hypocrisy and bias against United.

You go on the PL board and literally EVERY decision for United all season (Ibrah stamp, Surman sending off, Herrera bookings and sending off, Rojo not being sent off, Valencia not being sent off, Hazard diving) all wrong. But every decision for the opposition was correct and every decision not given against United also a heinous crime. It's hilarious, not one opposition fan wants to take an objective view on United. Not one! <laugh>

15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

The fear is getting stronger :grin:

Treble likes this.
  16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I just had some chavbus idiot (guess who) claim we were 'average', before pointing out to him that we'd still won more trophies for this season and last, than any other English team <laugh>

Diego likes this.
  17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

One decent season and all thought goes out the window with some <laugh>

Treble likes this.
  18. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It'll be dark day if they did.

19. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

No additional punishment for the foul - the ref saw it.

20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I said that real time I didn't think much of it the ref seems to think the same but looking back it does look intentional, he's got away with one there.