1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Leicester

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

International guff out of the way, back onto some football worth watching.

Well, hopefully worth watching.

Live tomorrow evening, kick off 17.30, so will be nice to see a decent win.

I have no idea about injuries or anything after the international break, but my team would be;

De Gea
    AWB (had an actual break)
    Maguire
    Varane
    Shaw (Telles was off in Brazil)
    McTominay (would be Fred, but McTom had an actual break)
    Pogba
    Fernandes
    Sancho
    Elanga
    Ronaldo

I wonder if Rashford will be refreshed having not been involved for England, or will he still be in some mood or other about something or other?

Who knows, sub at best anyway, although he could be an option instead of Elanga.

2. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

A must win if utd want to retain a sliver of a chance for top 4. Draws are equivalent of defeats.

Rashford desperately needs a lucky break to boost his confidence.

3. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Team news

foxes.JPG

4. glazerfodder

This si how the Beeb see us setting up

foxes2.JPG

5. glazerfodder

Can we talk about something interesting instead of the game.....................

Treble likes this.
  6. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

The team is drifting. No joy no confidence. Playing like a team with nothing to play for. Top 4? Already given up. Those who say Rangnick has improved the team will probably need to reconsider if they are entirely honest.

cytrax likes this.
  7. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I definitely wouldn’t say that this team is an improvement from last season. It is actually tasking watching them try to mentally elevate. Rangnick simply stopped the awful downward slope that we were on but there’s nothing upward about how this team performs week in week out. It’s just too laboured with nothing at the tail end of it. It’s horrible!

One point that I want to make is with regards to Pogba. I read a comment on BBC match text that it isn’t that Pogba is not talented. But he is just simply too slow for the premiership. This may explain why he performs far better in international matches and why he was doing better in Italy. I find this point to be valid. But then again, if you cannot perform in the most intense league in the world, then you can’t claim to be world class in my option.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    glazerfodder likes this.
  8. glazerfodder

No Rashford or CR in the starting line up - WTF is going on. Big mistake. Don't get me started on the emperor's new clothes that is King Ralf.

9. glazerfodder

Exactly. He would be a stellar talent in Spain (or back at Juve) where the league is not so intense. His problem is that he came back to us with a footballing brain that was still operating at the same pace as Serie A - and it never sped up again.

10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Look at what happened with C. Ronaldo. He would score maybe a goal every other game in his last few seasons during his first stint at United. He had learned the intensity and how to apply his skills to it. He subsequently moved to Madrid and in his first season alone that ratio dramatically went up to one goal every game and maintained for several seasons.

glazerfodder likes this.

11. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I just don’t understand why McTominay and Fred need to start a home match. Especially when we have no natural strikers on the pitch. Just a terrible setup!

12. glazerfodder

There has to be something so horribly wrong with Rashford at the minute. King Ralf just doesn't seem the type of guy who would take against someone without reason, he seems to be too much of a big picture guy to be having personality clashes and **** like that so I'm inclined towards the issue being Rashford's. He needs to get his **** together, we've paid him a small fortune to get involved in charity work and write cookbooks but we don't get PL points for any of that ****. His place in ours and the England World Cup Squad could be in real jeopardy if he doesn't get his **** together soon

13. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Rashford wrote a cookbook? That’s hilarious! lol

Sports is first played in the head. And if the head is not in the right place with full passion for it, that lack will ultimately manifest itself on the pitch. This is what has happened to Rashford. He probably spends more time thinking about his off-field commitments that is badly impacting his execution on the pitch.

14. glazerfodder

Campaign-Press-Image-2-RGB.jpg

cytrax likes this.