1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Manchester United 2-1 Barcelona - Match Report!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by TheBallWinner, Jul 31, 2011.

1. TheBallWinner

TheBallWinner Member

2. Psycho2k

Psycho2k Active Member

I watched the game and I thought Nani had a very good game making some dangerous runs and even tracking back, Cleverley had a solid game in the center and improved as the game went on and Welbeck had an excellent game, his constant pressure and pace on the break caused a lot of problems, Smalling came on to play right back in the second half and was very solid making some good runs down the line and De Gea had a decent game, not that he had a lot to do but he did it well. Rafael went off pretty early after taking a knock to his knee, hopefully it won't be too bad and he will recover quickly.

3. TheBallWinner

TheBallWinner Member

Welbeck was my MOTM. First half he put himself about alot. Da Gea looks pretty solid too, I think he'll be very good this season!

4. Jason Hudson

Jason Hudson Member

From what I gather, both teams weren't exactly full strength and it was good to hear that Cleverley had a good game in the centre of the park. Was the game quite flowing or attacking? If so, I think this probably helped Cleverley. Great to hear that Welbeck was impressive again, could be pushing for a starting spot come the start of the season.

5. Killa_Kam

Killa_Kam Member

please log in to view this image

6. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Good to here we won the match.

7. Psycho2k

Psycho2k Active Member

Both teams had players missing, but to be fair Barce did start with 6 of the same team that played in Champions League final, and 3 others that were on the bench that night (2 of them came off the bench in the final too) so it was hardly their reserves, it wasn't until midway in the 2nd half when they really started with the subs. As for Cleverley, he looked a little nervy at the start but as the game went on he got more composed and was effective at harassing the Barce midfield winning the ball to go on the counter and setup Owen to make it 2-1. Barce had a lot of possession as expected but really did very little with it, De Gea had little to do for most of the game, their goal came from a very good shot from outside the box that he could do nothing about.

http://footyroom.com/barcelona-1-2-manchester-united-2011-07/

There's the goals, both United's looked close to offside but replays showed that they weren't.