1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Man Utd can win the league - Sir Fungus

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Sucky, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24722358

By Alistair Magowan
    BBC Sport

Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson says the team can overturn a poor start to win the Premier League, despite being eight points adrift of leaders Arsenal.

Two wins in the last three games means that David Moyes's side have recovered from United's worst start in 14 years.

Ferguson, 71, said: "We had bad starts to the season many times.

"We are the only club in that league that can come from behind to win the league because of our history."

Ferguson, who remains a club director, retired from the manager's position at the end of last season after winning 38 trophies in a 27-year reign.

And Moyes has struggled to win over some fans after a stuttering start to his United career.

But speaking at the first in a series of Q&A sessions following the release of his second autobiography, Ferguson underlined the unique pressures that came with the job.

He also defended his reasons for publishing the book in which he criticised former players such as Roy Keane and David Beckham, adding that it was "astonishing" that he only had "six issues with players" during his time at Old Trafford.

"I wrote the book for the fans, to help them understand why I had to make certain decisions," he said at a sold-out Lowry Theatre in Salford.

"[It was] not for the press, that was a book to help people understand how difficult the job is at Manchester United. It's a massive job, it's the biggest in the world."

In 'Alex Ferguson: My Autobiography', which was released on Thursday, Ferguson stressed that many of his decisions were made in order to maintain control at the club.

And he re-emphasised that in front of a 1,700-strong audience, which included Moyes, fellow club director Sir Bobby Charlton and United legend Denis Law.

"In 27 years at the club, I probably only had six issues with players," he said. "That's astonishing.

"Of course you have to make decisions for the benefit of the club, and you become unpopular with the players as you have seen from the reaction this week.

"But that's part of my job to protect the standards of the club, the discipline of the club and make sure the players respect you as manager. I'm the manager and no-one else."

he still thinks he's the manager..... maybe he still is. :D

2. CFC: Champs £launderx17

It's not the biggest job in the world. Real is bigger and far more pressure

3. Sucky

definitely.. <ok>

at the moment moyes must feel like he's at Madrid though :D

4. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Hail Sir David, Madrid is a poor mans UTD <whistle>

5. Sucky

or rich man's Everton?

:D

6. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

20 how many years? That's arguing from a position of strength, isn't it? <laugh>

7. Sucky

mid table club... hardly a position of strength is it. :D

8. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

United have always been a bigger club even when they had less success.

When ManU went down to the 2nd div they set record attendance figures for the division. When Lafferpool went down they lost 80% of their support.

They aren't even 2nd these days.

Interesting article in the Telegraph which outlined that the PL had released details of the Worldwide fan bases for the top PL clubs based on a research survey they commissioned undertaken by Sportswide for them which are as follows:

1) Manchester United 354 million

2) Chelsea 134 million

3) Arsenal 113 million

4) Liverpool 71 million

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Have to agree, even if the 80s when the dippers were dominant, United brought bigger numbers to the bridge

10. Sucky

108 years and not even as good as giggs..... still cracking up at that. :D

out of chavskis 134 million "alleged fans" you can be sure 132m of them only heard of your club since the oil criminal took over. says it all. <ok>

11. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

Maybe they aren't counting the scourers that bunk in to games&#8230;.

12. Sucky

go grab a few more plastic stats to make you feel like you are on the same level as utd / lfc :D I'd bet a few pennies you are one of the 132m I mentioned lol

13. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

We aren't on the same level as ManU. They are very clearly way ahead.
    We aren't on the same level as Lafferpool. They are very clearly way behind.

14. Sucky

on what? lol some fan stats probably taken since last year? bahahahahah

little club. :D you have your 132m alleged plastic fan's, we are happy with our trophy haul thanks. :D

15. Carrick_16

Carrick_16 Banned

f uck me, of course we can win the league, the season is still early yet.

16. Sucky

**** off mong. :D

17. Carrick_16

Carrick_16 Banned

piss off cum bucket.

18. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

Glory hunters are always happy with their trophy haul, the clue is in the name.

Real fans don't care whether their team wins or loses and real fans certainly don't desert their clubs in hard times by 80%.

You can continue to bury your head in the sand but we have a larger global fan base, a financially better sponsorship deal, a bigger kit deal, a much bigger turnover. Every way you look at it we are rising and you are falling behind us.

19. Sucky

all the things you mentioned are glitter for fairy's and plastics, no wonder you hold such stats so dear as where it counts... ie trophies you are left embarrasingly in the dark ages.

like I said before I'd rather have the haul we have than an alleged 132m fanbase of African kids who cant afford a ****ing shirt anyway lol you diddnt earn **** mate, you were given everything you've won in the last 10yrs, your history is non existent in comparison to the real giants of the game, new money and no class, like spoilt kids born with a silver spoon :D

no one respects chavski, a soulless club with a fat. wallet, that's all you are fact. :D

typical chav, you simply don't count as a club

20. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

Hit a nerve did I? Was it for outing you as a glory hunter or for showing you're no longer the big club you think you are?