1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

man or not man (or is he devo?)

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by redforefinger, Feb 2, 2011.

1. redforefinger

redforefinger New Member

Time to take stock; what happened to Millwall, Notts Forest, Norwich,Swansea, Leeds...? That's the model we should be looking at now. No-one is too big to go down. With respect to losing our best players in the event... which ones are those? Are they the same ones who clung to Nicky's coat tails last season while he was bailing them out? Of course, we would lose Maynard but he'll probably fill the gap at Newcastle whether we survive or not.

It's clear that what we've been missing all season is team spirit. Gary did not leave a happy house behind him and I thought that Orr left under a cloud.
    Let's look at what good managers do, they keep the fans informed of developments, they PUT IT OUT THERE! The fans feel included, part of the deal and the circle is closed by the support they return to the players and the manager.
    Good managers say good things about their players and about the fans EVERY DAY. Yes they do! And not just on the stupid website or in a note that they push under the door at night.
    Good managers remind us that they are human (Ollie? Harry? SAF?) They bleed when they are cut and they do it in public and they celebrate with their players and tell them 'You are my joy, you are my j-o-o-o-y-y-y- hoy- hoy- hoy' EVERY DAY and then they tell us!
    What WE have is an android who lives in an android-sized box and keeps his amputated tongue in a biscuit tin to prevent it from ever getting worn out (or rusty).

People seem to like Keef. What they mean is he's a nice bloke. I'm just checking in my 'guide to good management' manual and, yes, here it is...under N-I-C-E, oh, someone has ripped the page out, unless...no. surely not. But wait, there's some interesting stuff here about androids. It says 'good workers, will run all day. Purely functional'. Hmmm.
    By the way, anyone know where Nicky is?

2. UKR Bristol

UKR Bristol Member

Nicky is ****ed and Millen is drowning in his own ineptitude.

3. redexile

redexile Member

I know Swansea are a good side with the ability to run off the ball, pass and score goals but we did our best to make the look even better. At one stage they put 20+ passes together whereas our best was 4 they also attempted to keep the ball on the ground whereas we always seem to hoof it up to the penalty area, or give it to LJ who tries a speculative pass which invariably ends up with the opposition putting us on the back foot. We lose one midfield player before game and end up with Clarkson and Pitman playing in midfield by the end of the game.We have needed a creative midfielder since Hartley left and Fontaine playing at left back? Dyer took him to pieces! no matter how many strikers we have they are not going to score if they have to come back to get the ball or receive it with their backs to goal Swansea played like a team we played like a bunch of individuals hoping that the likes of Adomah will provide the inspiration for a goal. Newsflash teams have worked that out so we need a plan B. There has been no discernible improvement this season surely Sexton and Lansdowne can see that. They are going to have to bight the bullet at some stage. This earlybird offer of cheapest ever championship season tickets might be a myth if we don't stay in this division.