1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Man City v Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, Nov 2, 2017.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

City are in great form form at the moment. Their well crafted team has been molded by the greatest tactician the world has ever seen. He has found players that no-one had ever heard of after inheriting a useless team and has turned them into world beaters simply by his great coaching.
    Absolutely no one can fail to be amazed at how he has only spent a measly £217m this summer on top of the paltry £170m last summer making a tiny total of just £387m spent in 14 months yet still failed to beat Everton!
    The fact that City's squad is the most expensive assembled in world football at a cost of £853m is a testament to how tight everyone else is!
    City are fantastic at buying undiscovered gems who they pick up for a pittance. They have only spent over £50m on a player on 7 occassions...Mendy, Walker, Silva, Sane, Stones, De Bruyne and Stirling.
    They have found 13 players for tiny amounts of between £30m and £40m such as Jesus, Danilo, Erdison, Otamendi, Bony, Mangala, Fernandinio, Aguero, Dzeko, Toure, Adebayor, Tevez and Robiniho.

They £1.3 BILLION in transfer fees in those 9 years and made £410m meaning they have have £900m plus actual spend...without wages!
    That my mutant norf landan bucked tooth cuzies is tactical genius <whistle>

City had an lucky away win over some dross in Europe while Arsenal battled bravely to earn a draw against a European power house in a scintillating match at a bouncing emirates :bandit:

There is a lot of talk about Sanchez putting his transfer day deadline disappointments behind him and putting in a match winning performance ... but who for is anyone's guess :grin:

City are free scoring at the moment and Arsenal are doing ok considering Arsenal TV have taken to bribing Ramsey, Coquelin, Xhaka and co to be utter ****e in order for the Arsenal TV viewing figures to increase so a tight game is expected.
    on a slightly off subject kind of way how come there is a Wilshere emo-con on here?

:emoticon-0176-smoke...the ****er will never learn will he?????

This match holds fond memories for arsenal fans who remember serenading their hero Adebayor back in 2010 and applauding him for his lack of a goal celebration as he scored against his beloved Arsenal. Other Arsenal highlights were watching Kolo Toure, Gael Clichey and Samir Nasri lifting the title with City while being coached by Patrick Viera and so in many ways those titles were Arsenal titles too.

I am aware that the next match is the NLD so will end with this....

:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

They might have spent £1.3bn but they still haven't got an Elneny.

Amateurs

remembercolinlee likes this.
  3. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to this game. It should be an open and expansive game. I think City are playing some very good football but they are far from unstoppable. If our players are up for it, we have plenty to hurt them with. My only worry is how our midfield functions, will we get the right balance to cope with their attacking force. City won't sit back and will continue to plunder like Vikings. They will have spaces at the back to exploit so we need to get our counter-attacking spot on, which means our midfield needs to be tight. Any sloppiness will be punished severely as any of their front three can score.

In my opinion, the counter attack is the only real option we have of beating City. Our midfield is lacking quality and ball players. Without Cazorla, we don't stand a chance of retaining possession for any significant time. A lot depends on how Ozil can orchestrate proceedings.

PINKIE likes this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I would get Ramsey and Ozil to sit fairly deep in midfield and allow Bellerin and Monreal to get forward on the wings. Sanchez and iwobi wide forward with Lacazette through the middle. We can lob some Long balls up to Giroud later in the game if we’re chasing it.

5. BobbyD

BobbyD President

:huh:<doh><confused><yikes><laugh> are 5 emoticons to describe that tactic. You want Ozil to play holding midfielder....right....

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

No, as a deep lying creative mid in the same mould as Cazorla.

So you can take your emoticons are shove em firmly up yer jacksy :)

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

On a side note. Just seen what Cazorla has been going through this last year. He basically had a series of operations on his ankle and then contracted Gangrene <yikes> The doctors say that he was lucky not to lose his leg. Apparently the infection ate away 8cm of his achilles and he's had to have skin grafts from his arm to patch up his ankle. Poor ****er. Hope his recovery continues and we get to see our little magician pull on an Arsenal shirt again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41857095

8. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Hope he recovers...reminds me of Christian Ziegger who got a dead leg in a match and ended up with a blood clot complication and nearly lost his leg.
    He came back so there's hope <ok>

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Cheers fella. Gotta feel for the guy, he's really been through it. At one point the doctors said that if he managed to walk in the garden with his son again, that he should satisfied.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  10. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

How the hell does that happen to someone who is playing for a top club and is a multimillionaire?!?!? He was better off going to the NHS...

11. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I feel like we will either win 2-0 or lose 6-1. Lets see which Arsenal turn up.

12. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

We are going to get ****ed..

proper ****ed

13. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

City are by FAR the best side in the league.

If we don't show up with the right attitude we will get annihilated... But Wenger actually has a pretty good record against Pep.

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

In all likelihood we will get our arses handed to us today. But if Wenger sets the team up properly, i.e. defend in numbers and hit them on the counter, then we could get a result. He's done it before at City, Chelsea and at Spurs where he's set up this way and it's worked. The trouble is you just don't know what Wenger will do, he could send an attacking team out there and they will get mauled.

But surely even Wenger will see what's needed today ? If we play Mertesacker at the back, then we absolutely must ensure that we pack the defence and don't leave him exposed against the likes of Aguero, Jesus and Sterling. It will be a bloodbath otherwise.

15. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

Arsenal would need to sit deep and narrow,then play on the counter to get any joy but I don't think they are playing well enough as an actual team to work hard enough for one another to nullify City
    I suspect we will start

Ederson
    Walker Stones Otamendi Delph
    Fernandinho
    Sane DeBruyne Silva Sterling
    Aguero

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

This game is perfectly suited to Lacazette, Sanchez and Iwobi who could get a lot of joy with balls in the channels on the counter.
    Note the word 'could'

17. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

Shame that lacazette is on the bench (!) then...

18. Sign Da Ting

Sign Da Ting Well-Known Member

I’m just here for the inevitable eulogy.

19. Sign Da Ting

I’m not even shocked.

20. Sign Da Ting

Spend 60mil on a striker and leave him on the bench. Genius.