1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mag in relative peace

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by TheLittleGeordie, Jun 7, 2011.

1. TheLittleGeordie

TheLittleGeordie Active Member

I saw a comment on this board about Pardew being a championship quality manager at best and it made me think about your manager. I already know the views of the others on the Newcastle board but would like to see what you think of him. How well you think he's done with the club, how far he'll take you in the future stuff like that.

Please don't turn this article into an arguement as i'm not gona talk about Pardew, just want to hear your thoughts on Steve Bruce

2. mitchthemakem

mitchthemakem Well-Known Member

sorry your on the wrong board, im sure you will get some fans on here that will write what you are wanting to hear

3. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Looking for amunition and too lazy to read marra

4. Topcat

Topcat Member

Next season will be make or break for Bruce. There has been a bit of a split with our lot, he need's to win over the doubter's or he is gone.

5. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

6. TheLittleGeordie

TheLittleGeordie Active Member

Its a serious article, not a WUM

...........or is that the problem

7. Jesus Was A Geordie

Jesus Was A Geordie Well-Known Member

Don't really think he's been antagonizing!

I was speaking to my mate (who's a mackem ST holder) and he said he's come back down to earth a lot this season...

After your good run and the imput of Ellis Short, he thought you'd be up there amongst the likes of Everton, Tottenham and Liverpool.

We know from his Wigan days that he can pick out a bargain, but tactically how is Bruce?

8. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

9. Mr-SAFC

Mr-SAFC Member

It's make or break this season for him. If we start the season sluggish then he hasn't got a hope of lasting till Christmas IMO.

He's done a good job in signing the likes of Gyan and Sessegnon who I think will both have excellent seasons next year should they stay clear of injuries. He's got us into the top 10 and has saw us improve in his 2 seasons here but we wanted more. 6th and a few points clear of everybody else at Christmas and you think that you stand a good chance of at least a top 8 finish and then we drop to 14th. Injuries screwed us up big time but when Bruce put out a team during that time they looked so negative and almost beaten before the game began.

I'm not saying Bruce out yet. He has this season to impress us or I'm afraid he'll no doubt be off. I want another top 10 finish but this time comfortably with no relegation fight and no over optimistic talk of Europe from the beginning. 5 points off 9th and 5 points ahead off 11th will do me fine!

10. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

should go back to 5 games before the end of season and read the gossip on Bruce, most have mellowed now.

11. Disco

Disco Guest

Start watching for yourselves or read the numerous Bruce related threads on here. Might not have been meant as a wind up but it came across that way.

12. billofengland

billofengland Well-Known Member

Correct an Im one, my views are well known,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bruce out.