1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Luton Town

Discussion in 'Non-League' started by HatterSussex, Jul 20, 2011.

1. HatterSussex

HatterSussex New Member

Just joined up today, how do we get our own team's forum on the conference section ?
    It seems to only have 2 teams on here at the moment.
    Looking forward to the season, and renewing hostilities with York City (In a sporting way), It's a tough league, no doubt about that !

2. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

Welcome to the forum!

The non-league section has never had separate sections for different teams before. The two teams that you have mentioned were relegated last season so both teams sections were relegated to this section.

<ok>

3. HatterSussex

HatterSussex New Member

Thanks for the welcome CW2894.....I may have to bring about 400 Luton fans onto this site, so that may well result in us getting our own sub forum or team forum. I see you are from Horsham but I assume you support Liverpool, thought you might have switched your attention over to that other team who wear red....Crawley Town !
    I think at one time Horsham were senior to them !
    Anyway I will find my way around the place.

4. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

Yeah, the more members you can get, the better! And yeah, I do keep my eye on Crawley. I guess the sudden influx of money put into Crawley means that people are taking them a lot more seriously. They look like a good bet for promotion to League 1!

I do think Horsham were higher than Crawley at one point! I guess the fact that Crawley is a bigger town and Horsham's current financial difficulties mean that the gap between the two doesn't look like closing any time soon.

The site is good once you work out everything.

:)

5. HatterSussex

HatterSussex New Member

Cheers Chris....I love the Bob Paisley quote, by the way !
    Shankley, Paisley....they don't make them like that anymore !

6. Lord Stevo of JCL

Lord Stevo of JCL New Member

Hello Sussex, any idea what's going on with ET?

It's a bit lastminute.com to try and get everyone over here, isn't it?

7. HatterSussex

HatterSussex New Member

Hi JCL.....What a bloody let down eh !
    I am going to send an email to the official Luton Town site, and ask them if they will publicise this movement over to here.
    I can only assume that extra-time couldn't pay, and with only about 1,400 odd members, of which we numbered over 400, it is a sickener.
    All that work...up the swanny.
    I know if we can get the message across, they will come over to this site, so any help would be appreciated !

8. Lord Stevo of JCL

I see Melbourne's commented on your post on Outlaws, Sussex:

"Dean advises problem with site hosts.
    He is working very hard to get it rectified.
    He is royally pissed of with them. "

I guess it wouldn't harm to try and get people over here as a contingency though.

9. Lord Stevo of JCL

I've tweeted:

"Any Luton Bobberman league players, please register on Not 606 here: http://t.co/KumhXvy in case Extra-Time stays down. Any ET'ers please RT"

10. Kenilworth88

Kenilworth88 New Member

to be honest i think i prefer this site.................seems to be a lot more users so perhaps more chances for interaction with other fans though i'm sure that could also increase the the number of visits by WUMs............i'm also sure if we get the numbers up we'll get our own forum...........

11. HatterSussex

HatterSussex New Member

It now looks as if the problem on extra-time is technical...I hope so, but it won't hurt, as JCL has suggested, to have two sites on the go...I can do the weekly thing on extra-time and paste it onto here, as I did in the final weeks of BBC.606.

12. MelbourneHatter

MelbourneHatter New Member

Sussex et al,
    Hi from Australia. Made it on here.
    I have been in contact with Dean (took a bit of time to find him, but did it!), and have asked him for more information.
    He is naturally very very angry with the site hosts, and is doing what he can to get things back and running asap.
    He even mentioned legal action as it appears they may be at fault, and he is naturally losing 'customers' or participants.
    I have put a little post on Outlaws, but would rather not go there again.
    I will keep this site updated, as soon as I hear anything. In the meantime, please spread the word that Dean is working hard to fix it up.
    I have e-mailed Spix (so Stevo, you may have to keep your eyes open for him???), and Hatter 28, they both have my e-mail address, and I have advised them they can share it if they wish, but do not want to post it on here.
    I will check the pm situation on here later, and see if I give it out via pm's.

Catch up soon, my wife is calling me for dinner.

Melbourne

13. MelbourneHatter

MelbourneHatter New Member

Further to my last - got an e-mail from Dean approx 30 minutes ago,
    He has advised that the problem is with the hosts, and they are working on getting the server back on line.
    It is hoped that it will be sorted within 24 hours.

Will keep you advised.

14. hatterinSW19

hatterinSW19 New Member

Shame, though, if this was to end up splitting us up. We moved as a group (unlike many other clubs' fans after 606), and even if we argue quite a lot, it makes us strong in organising things such as the sponsorship, and in forming a relationship with the club. That's not to say people can't post where they want, obviously.

Morning all, by the way. :smiley:

15. Lord Stevo of JCL

Maybe we should make our presence felt here a bit anyway.

16. hatterinSW19

hatterinSW19 New Member

Stevo, you always make your presence felt.

17. HatterSussex

HatterSussex New Member

I don't really know why this site has over 12,000 members by comparison to e-t with just under 2,000, as in all honesty I think e-t is well advanced on this site....but there... may well lie the problem !
    Dean is for ever changing skins and doing this and that, and for most of us the site already does more than we need !!
    He needs to be told if he gets it back up and running.....LEAVE WELL ALONE !
    But no harm in flexing our muscles here.
    SW19 is right though, we were becoming well in with the club with a strong e-t fan base of 400 plus !

18. westgate hatter

westgate hatter New Member

So where is everyone else?

19. Lord Stevo of JCL

I have thought for a while though that there hasn't been enough interest in ET in general. We're easily the biggest club presence on there and that can't be good for its future viability.

Obviously we'd have to have our own forum on here for this place to be an option long term.

20. Lord Stevo of JCL

Oh thanks, btw!