1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Lukaku Chant: Racist or not?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Warmir Pouchov, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Sung to the tune of Made of Stone:

He's our Belgian scoring genius
    With a 24 inch penis
    Scoring all our goals
    Bellend to his toes

Now apart from some obvious inaccuracies (24 inch and its by his toes - those are some short legs) and the use of a brilliant song, the Kick it Out Campaign and others have noted that this is a racist chant.

The reasoning from those who think its not racist I've heard so far range from:

"its got nothing to do with him being black, its just because he is a big lad and therefore probably has a big penis"
    "its not racist because its complimentary"
    "he might actually have a really big penis"
    "the song is humourous and not intended to be offensive at all - therefore it is not racist"

The first and third one is just evasive bullshit stupidity. The song content is quite clearly associated with the colour of his skin and the myth that black men have big penises - don't be so ****ing stupid to present it as otherwise. Lets not try to fudge the issue. This is simply about racial stereotyping.

The question is whether because it is positive racial stereotyping and humour, is it still racist? I have to say it is probably not a good thing in my eyes to continue with any kind of racial stereotyping. I don't think it massively offensive and I couldn't get myself too upset with the song, but I just don't see how its any different to saying a Jewish person is tight with money etc.

Obi - as a man with an incredibly small cock you haven't seen for years, how do you feel about this situation?

2. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Racist or not it is certainly childish.

3. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Right now, I couldn't care one way or the other. ****e chant either way.

4. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Racist and childish and I agree shouldn't be sung.

Haven't a clue how the song "Made of Stone" goes anyway or who even sung it. All I know is that it wasn't a classic in my day!!!

5. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Probs not racist as Ron Jeremy would testify but a bit inappropriate where there are families like.

General Lee Speaking likes this.
  6. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the person its direct towards (if a gangsta calls another gangsta "his N-word" and the person its direct towards is OK with it is it still racist or a term of endearment?) and I'd be interested to hear Lukaku's thoughts on the song. If he feels its offensive then of course it should be stopped and I'm sure the Man U fans would stop but if he enjoys it and finds it funny - no harm no foul.

Did hear a Man U fan who identified as black saying he found it offensive but there is no mention of anything but his nationality and if you assume he has a large penis because of the color of his skin or assume the color of his skin because he has a large penis doesn't that in turn make you racist?

As others have said, awful chant regardless of it being racist or not.

7. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the 19th century prude who decided to edit all the dirt bits out of Shakespeare. This included Hamlet speaking to Ophelia about "country matters".

Took me a while to figure what she thought was dirty about that. When I figured it out, my first thought was that she has a mind that could find sexual references anywhere. I then re-read Hamlet and realised that she was probably right, though it still took a resolutely filthy mind to think of it.

I could have heard that chant and not twigged that it was saying that he has a big cock because he is black. Change "Belgian" to "Geordie" and it would have been an equally crap thing to chant at Shearer in his day: "Our striker is bigger, tougher and has a bigger cock than your striker" sort of thing. On the other hand, I expect that most of the people who chant it are alluding to the racial stereotype, in which case it is racist.

Lukaku apparently doesn't like it much

If you haven't figured it out yet, focus on the first syllable of "country"

8. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Stone Roses, it's horrible smug indie ****e, always a favourite song of student ****ers who like inoffensive middle of the road indie pop ****e.

Apart from being to the tune of a **** song though, the song is funny. Can the PC brigade **** off for once, and stop trying to find fault with anything that isn't "come on united".

No it's not racist, John Barnes having bananas thrown at him was racist, Man U fans called Lukaku a genius with a huge cock is not.

RobEllious likes this.
  9. Dorty Dogbreath

Man Utd have had some great songs over the years. This one isn't.

10. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

****ing hell, imagine Lukaku's offended and wants to put in a formal complaint:
    "What's the problem,Sir?"
    "Thousands of people are chanting that I have a huge dick"
    "Ok, I'm just guna hang up now"

That crowd at St. James' 'French day' would potentially be more offensive than this. I'm pretty sure there's players still suffering ACTUAL racial abuse and kickitout wana talk about Lukaku's massive penis, get a ****ing handle on things christ

11. RobEllious

Never got this either, my mate paid a few hundred quid to watch Stone Roses in Halifax a year ago, he's 26. Why, in particular, is it that boring, repetitive drivel of wishy-washy music considered some kind of lame pilgrimage for anyone in my era who likes guitar music. Don't even get me started on Oasis.

12. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

That 'music' signalled the end of invention, for me. They managed to take stuff that had been done infinitely better elsewhere (in terms of both place and time) and, through populist media nonsense created a "movement", which was little more than a load of Mancs & wannabe Mancs (Londoners) buying trenchcoats. Everything since then has been different era's, songs or guitars recycled, rehashed or repeated.

RobEllious likes this.
  13. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Well said that man!

Seriously, anyone complaining this promotes racial stereotypes and therefore is unacceptable needs to have a ****ing good explanation of how this is in any way unacceptable, otherwise **** off. I have yet to see a reason to complain about the chant, beyond the explicit nature, which is another debate altogether.

Are you saying the positive discrimination makes you feel all other races are being discriminated against? Is it your particular race that troubles you as a result? Are you saying black people being associated with having a big cock is offensive? Are big cocks discriminated against in your society? If the fans sing about all their players having huge cocks, does that make it ok? What are you saying??? You genuinely have no idea, you just want to be angry today.

People are just inventing reasons to be upset these days.

14. General Lee Speaking

You are far tooi intelligent and well read for this forum. Can you re-tell the story using Irving Welsh novels?

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.
  15. RobEllious

Spot on, feel like this hypersensitivity over race is setting this society back more than the decreasing acts of racism and intolerance now.
    Basically now it is offensive to talk about anyone's colour, in any way, yet kickitout are doing the very same thing.
    Bunch of racists!

16. General Lee Speaking

Racial stereotyping aside, there's a fair chance he's got a pretty huge cock. If they were taking bets I'd be backing 'above average'.

Who is getting offended by this chant and why? Nobody with any common sense I would imagine.

17. Dorty Dogbreath

I can't imagine Paddy Power giving odds on the size of Lukaku''s John Thomas....then again, knowing Paddy Power <yikes>

General Lee Speaking likes this.
  18. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Gutierrez's Right Boot Well-Known Member

Didn't hear any crying over the lovenkrands one

19. General Lee Speaking

How did that go?

There have been plenty of times chants crossed the line - the Mido having a bomb one for example. Getting your knickers in a twist over this Lukaku one is a waste of everyone's time and energy. The biggest problem I have with it is that their fans couldnt come up with something better than that.

20. Dorty Dogbreath

I must add, they embarrassed themselves earlier this week by giving odds on Ugo Ehiogu (44-1) being the next Birmingham City manager. They did apologise, rightly so.