1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lua Lua on the move?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Nobbys Trumpet, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobbys Trumpet

Nobbys Trumpet Active Member

Apparently strong rumours are circulating with the Huddersfield lads that Lua Lua is going to be going to them. Not too sure if it's a loan deal or if it's going to be a permanant deal.

Have any of you guys (and girls) heard anything of this?

I think he would be handy to keep for when we need a bit of energy in the last 10mins against tiring full backs.

2. MrToontastic

MrToontastic Well-Known Member

Would be disappointed if we let him go permanently, a loan deal to help out Clark would be nice...

3. Tiote_like_a_Toiger

Reckon he got more in his locker than Routledge...

4. MrToontastic

MrToontastic Well-Known Member

Defo

EDIT: Definately, just incase people think I'm referring to a ****ty striker from Landan

5. Nobbys Trumpet

Defo isn't a bad striker when he gets a run of games. A bit ball greedy though and seems a bit arrogant.

In terms of better than Routledge it is hard to judge, as neither have them have the best end product, but the last time we saw Routledge in a Toon top he didn't run at the opposition and looked scared, whereas Lua Lua looked confident and ran at the opposition.

6. Tiote_like_a_Toiger

Precisely.

He's also good with both feet!

7. BenniArfa

BenniArfa Member

Hope we don't sell him permanently, let him loose on loan again.

8. Mattpridian

Mattpridian Member

Hey everyone, been on not606 for a while but thought it was about time i actually starting posting!

I have to say its worrying to see all these younger (and mostly untested at the top level) players rumoured to be leaving this summer, Lua Lua a prime example and N Ranger another example (although he obviously was given a few chances last season)

I hope they do end up being purely loan deals as I am a big fan of giving our younger players game time and we seem to have a habit of selling players who come back to haunt us, you never know, with our luck we would get Huddersfield in the cup and Lua Lua would inevitably end up on the score sheet haha

9. Nobbys Trumpet

Nile Ranger is going for his attitude, if he had improved it in the last 6months he would have stayeed but he think he's a gangster. I agree in a way what your saying about Lua Lua but I'm sure if we sell him then it's because we believe he's not going to make it at the top level. We can't keep every young player incase they score against us, or do become good. Although our squad is quite small so keeping these sort of players would be useful.

I hope that makes sense and well done on eventually posting your first post <ok>

10. Darth Gogledd

Darth Gogledd Well-Known Member

I thought he'd gone to Brighton permanently?

11. Mattpridian

Mattpridian Member

Thanks...it was a very traumatic experience for me.

I see your point, but I just feel our squad is a bit thin on the ground atm. I suppose as a winger this is at least on area in which we have more quality then elsewhere on the pitch especially with Marveaux (I personally rate Gutierrez)

I suppose I would just like to see more of our even younger players out on loan just as there is only so much you can learn playin for reserves and training with the first team (regardless of the quality present when compared to the possible loan destinations)

Besides it can only help to stop the geordie public from clamoring for new signings if we can watch our youth players out playing week in and out and see that there (hopefully) is real potential there

12. Tiote_like_a_Toiger

That deal appears to have gone cold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.