1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Louis Van Gaal is a genius.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Depay Sound, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Depay Sound

Depay Sound Well-Known Member

Blind at centre back and Young at right back.

Basically surrendering to Arsenal. Absolutely pathetic.

2. DarloGeordie

DarloGeordie Active Member

to tell you the truth this has been coming since last season Van Gaal is bad. He might get sacked the way he is going. <laugh>

3. Depay Sound

Depay Sound Well-Known Member

'Moyes out! Moyes out'.

At least he didn't blow a quarter of a billion quid.

4. shwan

shwan Well-Known Member

he had many strange decisions before too
    today we lost bcz team was not motivated and is one of managers responsibility to fire up his team
    his selection were wrong too
    so yeahh overall he is the one to be blamed, then secondly the team

5. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

LVG and players were all **** today. Why they started as if they were on the beach playing some pub team i will never know. Just hope that these ****ers would have learnt their lesson,

6. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Do you guys feel that Van Gaal really is the answer?

I'm not 100% convinced yet.

7. Stan

Stan Stalker

He certainly likes playing people out of position.

Young at left back
    Valencia at right back
    Blind at centre half
    Rooney at left wing
    Bastian at...I'm not sure what position he was playing today!

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

United were extremely complacent. They clearly thought Arsenal would be, well Arsenal, but Wenger must have seen Young playing at full back and told them to attack hell for leather.

Worked a treat.

9. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

Well shaw is injured as is Rojo I believe. So that kind of leaves us a little short. Yes we have Blind but so far, he's been good at CB to be fair. Jones has just returned from a spell out so defensively, we have been stretched a little.

The culprits today were Rooney, Memphis, Carrick and Darmian. All were way below an acceptable level and with that many players doing so poorly, we stood no chance. We could never have known all 4 would be that bad.

Martial tried to make things happen and Young did OK (there was a moment in the second were he made a great unseen run but even Carrick didn't see it, it would have been an easy ball but he played it out wide)

A really bad day all round tbh. Over after 15 minutes at 2-0. The third goal was just a joke considering how easy darmian allowed Sanchez to go through him. The first two were great goals, not much you can do, without hindsight.

I will say it again, this is the most unpredictable PL ever. Bet its ****inh with peoples accumulators.

10. Stan

Stan Stalker

Sanchez is a cracking player, the best in the PL last season in my opinion, but he really did make Darmian look like a mug today.

UnitedinRed likes this.

11. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

And he has just hit top form right now. While Darmian has gone to **** for a few games.

A few games ago, teams couldnt score past us for love nor money, since shaws injury and the shuffling, its looking a little to familiar.

12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Blind played well last year at left back, he's the obvious replacement for Shaw. Darmian is a right back so trying him there was a bad idea. Equally Young isn't a full back.

It's the pissing about that bugs me. Just play Blind at left back and a centre half at centre half.

Young should be in the team. Right now it should be instead of Depay, not at full back.

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think Darmian was set up to fail today. The indiscipline of Carrick and Schweinsteiger put unfair pressure on our full-backs. It was just a tactical blunder by LVG.

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You're probably closer to 100% than me then <laugh>

15. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

This is far more than simply laying it on the defence. It's not like we lost the game 4-3. Even against Wolfsburg when we won, we could see in that second half the overall problem. Our football is slow and cumbersome. Our players, and I include the likes of Blind, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Rooney are having to play within themselves and lack the confidence to really attack a well organised defence. If Wolfsburg had better forwards they wouldn't have lost on Wednesday. We need to go back to playing our natural game. Until that happens, we'll be found out by any team that decides to press us and push beyond our midfield with clinical forwards. Swansea, PSV and now Arsenal have demonstrated that. Everton and City coming up next (perhaps Everton lack the clinical part but they have enough about them going forward).

We have a very good squad imo. We just lack the manager to bring the best out of them. This isn't just about where we finish this season, it's about the ambition and belief in Van Gaal some of these players continue to have throughout the season. We need to be keeping the likes of Mata, Herrera, Schneiderlin, Blind, Darmian.

16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

We got a decent squad. Couple of additions to it and it'll be very good indeed.

The football is ****e though. Boring as **** with no pace.

So, he gives with one hand and takes away with the other.

Whoever takes over, whether it's after next season as he reckons or sooner, will have a good set of players to work with so that's a plus.

Treble likes this.
  17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

A friend of mine text me this...

United could play like that every week and they'd beat about 14 teams in the league.

...that's spot on imo. It's a great judgement of the the premier league and how LVG's football so easily deceives.

18. mmanson9878

mmanson9878 Member

Lol.

Why do it?

19. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Arsenal hit the sweet spot for 20 minutes and United was poor, slow, open with midfielders all over the pitch. And both occurred at the same time. I wouldn't read too much on such a poor performance. The worst one I've seen for a very long time. A bunch of headless chickens and I'm at a loss to explain why this should have happened.

I would have expected this LVG team to follow what they have been doing the last one and a half years. Keeping it tight at the back and playing possession football. Honestly I thought I was watching my local pub team in the first half an hour and United was really lucky in all objectivity to end up with a 3-0 defeat. This sort of match easily ends up 6-0 or 7-0.

And this will be a wake up call to those fans who think that as leaders before the weekend we'll now be sweeping everything in front of us, I've said yesterday that we're not out of the woods yet. Funny game football. The chavs are in meltdown as champions, the RS sack their manager who was instrumental in recruiting 70m worth of players this summer, and we get trashed by a team that was a shambles at home only a few days ago and unlikely to get out of the group and likely to drop into the Europa.

What a weird game !

20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'm honestly not reading it on just this game. I think our possession football only looks like it's working when teams are happy to sit back and they lack the quality up front (and even then it's questionable against a well-organised defence tbh). But what we saw today was a team that decided to press us... and the illusion of our possession football crumbled. And unlike most teams we've faced so far this season, they had the quality up front to capitalise. True possession football, is what Arsenal demonstrated today. I'm not worried about the defeat, but the manner of it is telling. I wouldn't even mind so much the million side and back passes and lack of creativity if we at least played some one touch football and passed the ball quickly, but even that is beyond us. I can unerstand ppl want to defend LVG, but he's not the future of Man United. He's an interim manager and the club is bigger than him tbh.

Christiansmith likes this.