1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Looks like he's gone

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Blue Prophet, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Blue Prophet

Blue Prophet Active Member

2. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

It seems Bluebirds are going the same way as our darling near neighbours in Suffolk!

All the talk is about players leaving and very little about anything coming in to replace. I guess that is down to the fact you are currently without a manager, which needs to be addressed pretty damn soon or the new season will be upon us and you will be snapping up the scraps left by everyone else.

Must be worrying times for you guys?

3. Juresu_80

Juresu_80 Member

There is a case for getting a whole new team in... but to be honest, without knowing the scale of the spending we may be able to do once the new manager is in, this is all pretty worrying.

I mean, Parkin up front and Jarvis on the bench is ludicrous!

No, I won't panic though, we are bound to make some signings once the new manager has arrived. It's just all a little unsettling, wonder how our other remaining key players are feeling? :(

4. bissmit

bissmit Member

This is not worrying as such, just need a new manager that will happen. Worrying was when we did not know from one day to another whether we would have a club to support, or Sam the Sham taking us within 15 mins on administration, those were the dark days.

5. Juresu_80

Juresu_80 Member

Ah yes, nothing like harking back to greater past crises to calm us down! :p ;)

6. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

100% agree....... by this time next week, we'll have a better idea of things.

7. Juresu_80

Juresu_80 Member

Patience is a virtue, certainly...

On the other hand, there's not enough going on on this messageboard, and I'm bored!

8. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

I'm confused Proph...D'you you mean Chopra?

This WoL rag is unbelievable... Everything in that report is a copy/paste from the last few days to create another article which will no doubt end up on news stands too. I swear if I had chips wrapped in it, I'd have to double check they were actually chips (you can probably guess I'm not its biggest fan) *rant over

Thai - I've spoken to a few Tractors and Hornets (everyone's gotta have a hobby) and they certainly seem depressed at the moment :). I guess the difference with us is that we know 100% we'll be getting new players in (haven't really got a choice), we just don't know who or even by who just yet but can't see that being the case for much longer. Personally, I was a bit concerned last week but as this week has gone on, I'm more optimistic about the coming season. I'm in camp Hughton but I'm not really bothered who takes over (within reason of course). If "sources" are to be believed, the decision has been made and will go public once paperwork has been finalised.

9. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Cardiff fans have 3 jobs over the next few seasons , buy there tickets , lower the bar on expectations & show no disrespect to the team from the stands . Whoever the new manager is , he'll need all the calm & helpfulness he can muster . Cardiff need a bit of good news , hope it's Bellamy & a good manager . P'S. Did anyone read the article about Hartson warning Celtic off of Bellamy because he's not the player he was 6 years ago , good ole Hartson hehe !! . Things will be settled soon ( cheers )

10. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

It's all reverse psychology Crackerjack, Hartson is a closet Bluebird so if he warns off Lennon, Bellamy is free to come back home where Big John wants him :)

11. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Exactly !! Through all the harshness of events unfolding with your squad , I'd be excited about a new team , new manager & new direction . New is good ! Off to earn .

12. ThaiCanary

Quality, but I feel sorry you have to stoop that low for entertainment down there in the Valleys.

Well said, though it's going to be tough to lower expectations based on the recent (relative) success that has been enjoyed.

The truth is Cardiff have been knocking on the PL door for a few good years, anything less is going to be hard to accept,

All part and parcel of being a football fan but it is painful at times.

13. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

In my defence, all my paint had dried so I just went to the next one on the list <ok>

14. ThaiCanary

I guess you have already watched the grass grow then? Hard times indeed:emoticon-0112-wonde

15. ccfcrt0p

ccfcrt0p Member

I got to be honest on 2 points:-

1. I am not worried about our current situation for the simple reason that after being under a transfer embargo at the start of last year this is not as bad. At least when we are ready any player we get will be allowed to play.

2. After watching this lot blow 2 great chances to get into the top flight maybe it is time to start again new manager new side. The plus point to it as well is that these guys we are off loading are on huge wages and we have a chance to restructure the finances at the same time.

16. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

to be honest, he's undervalued at £1.5m. i'd imagine there will be a big saving on his wages but still, with the situation were in we should be at the very least keeping our best players. if wages are the reason he's going then how much more do we need to save? we must have lost 10 first team players so far, so things need to pick up sharpish.

17. Edo1990

Edo1990 Member

im happy to see these guys go, the huge wages will save the club alot of money!

18. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

To be honest, I wouldn't have paid that, he's well passed his sell by date, from what I saw of him last season, think your well rid of an expensive has been! Regarding new Manager, this has to be got spot on, and for me, Chris Hughton should be top of the list, great guy, honest and hard working, closely followed by Roberto Di Matteo! Get the manager right, and even though he will work from a blank canvas, with so many leaving, that probably going to be no bad thing, one last point, if Earnshaw is out of contract, I would snap him up, he's looking far better than Chopra at the minute!...........
    please log in to view this image

19. yanto1927

yanto1927 Member

Phil, for once I'd have to agree with you. £1.5 plus losing his high salary, plus his performances last year seems an ok deal, however would still push for a figure nearer £2m. Agree with Hughton too and he may bring better quality players in, but who knows??

I'm sure the fans would have Earnie back and if he plays anything like Bellers did when he "came home" it will be a good signing. Just need someone for him to play off tho<ok>

20. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Earnie doesn't play for peanuts either.