1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Looking Good

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by FORZA LEEDS, Jul 16, 2011.

1. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

All in all a very good week in Scotland on our pre-season build up,culminating in a terrific win at Motherwell,who were way further down the fitness road than Leeds,as this was their final game before their league season kicks off next week.
    By all accounts Rachubka already sounds like a more commanding GK than Kasper,the defense seems more protected with Brown lying deep alongside Clayton,& the attacking midfielders/wingers have goals aplenty in them. I'm sure Nunez will be a major player for us this season. & all this without O'Brien,Becchio & Somma.
    Its taking shape,we're keeping hold of our best players,hopefully there'll be no more injury worries & away we go.
    Bring on the Saints.

2. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

Not to mention the distinct possibility of players like Stockdale, Clingan, Lichaj and Eremenko coming on. Sod bring on the Saints. Bring on the PL! (ok maybe a touch too far, but I'm excited)

3. bigfatboab

bigfatboab Well-Known Member

Thought the midfield looked good yesterday, I particularly liked Brown's effort and passing. We passed the ball well throughout the game, with only Howson wasting opportunities on a regular basis.

4. Simon21-LUFC

From what I've heard Brown seems to not just be a midfield enforcer but has a lot of class about his game aswell. How was Clayton?

5. bigfatboab

bigfatboab Well-Known Member

To be fare, they all did well today (except Paynter). I think Clayton and White could be blamed for the Motherwell goal, but as I had said many times on this forum, Motherwell have very fast players, especially the wingers, so it wasn't a surprise we lost a goal from an attack on our left side and through attacking pace.

6. Simon21-LUFC

I think that's possibly why the club see White as more of a winger, as his runs down the flank could leave us exposed (it certainly looked that way on SSN).