1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Long Weekend Again

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Well here we go again it’s the weekend, but in our case a long weekend due to everyone else will have played by the time we kick off Monday night. So what footy related gems have we got this weekend:

• Wonder how many other managers are doing what Klopp does with regard to social media? He has accounts set up under aliases so he can keep an eye on his players.
    • Leeds today have announced a partnership with One Football which is a digital platform App and the biggest in the world. I downloaded it this morning and so far so good as it allows me to keep an eye on our players who are loaned out easier, by following their clubs. Anal yes I know.
    • Wonder where Jack Wilshere will finish up because not so long ago he was one of the best players in the country. Still only 28 but has been out injured for what seems like years. He argues he was fit for the last 9 months but Moyes refused to play him. 28yo means he hasn’t even peaked yet and I appreciate there is some attitude problems published in the media, but on a pay as you play basis I suspect he could be dynamite?
    • Bamford been in the media all week and fair play to him because he will have plenty of digital and newspaper coverage he can album for his kids. Really pleased for him, but everyone talking about an England call-up? personally I would never play for Southgate.
    • Loving the fact that Real Madrid and Barcelona have crap managers and making a pigs ear of things in Spain. Koeman is a ginger saddo who has never achieved anything in football management, Zidane had a free ride the last time he was at RM but this time the players are fighting each other and because of him bale sat on his arse for 18 months earning £650k per week

2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for Wilshire, but there's no room at the inn for him at ER.

He may think he was fit, but would he be capable of getting Bielsa fit? Perhaps, but I doubt it.

We've a great team & team spirit/unity. Bringing in someone who has problems like him might unintentionally disrupt the dressing room.

More to the point - if he was fully fit, would we go for him anyway? I personally doubt it.

old sea dog, ristac, OLOF and 4 others like this.
  3. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

On the Spanish front the President of Barca has come out and said he would like Pep back at the club!!!
    Have a nice weekend Citeh fans

OLOF, Whitejock and Doc like this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

5. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Nobby Stiles dead at 78

6. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Norman as well, but not many left, sadly

66 Team.jpg

7. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

He is not the president of barca, just a candidate for the next elections.
    They are pretty ****ed money wise and losing messi their biggest asset is on the cards.
    Neither them or real madrid bought players in the summer, as is their usual policy.
    Both have ageing teams and no youngsters to step up, also very stubborn managers.
    Would be great to see both crash and burn.

Infidel likes this.
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Heard Kalvin on the Leeds That podcast talking about Leif Davies. He said the 20yo could be one of the best LBs, CBs, and LM in the club if he screwed his head on right. Says something that coming from Phillips, so does the lad not put in the training or has he colourful off duty lifestyle?

9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

i like him he reminds me of someone

10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In regards to players like Wilshire I think in place of who?

I can’t see him displacing any of the opening day Starting 11 and I’d prefer Shackleton to be given the chance ahead of him. Then although a winger we have Raphina and if Moyes thinks Wilshire isn’t fit enough there is absolutely no chance he’d impress Bielsa.

Players like Wilshire throw away virtually there entire career simply because they don’t give it 100% in training and they don’t look after themselves. Then when they do push themselves they break down.

Interesting comments coming from Kalvin

bucks_is_leeds, Doc and Eric Le Merde like this.

11. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

It can't be you, you are too old to remember being able to even think about being colourful? :emoticon-0140-rofl:

12. wakeybreakyheart

I have seen Al Jolson films it looks easy.

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  13. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Because we make more signings doesn’t necessarily mean they will displace anyone, maybe a squad strengthening. Arsenal for example maybe ten changes from their weekend game for thursdays europa league game with Dundalk, a reserve team if you like. They still had SEVEN full internationals in that team. If we’re to compete for FA cup or hopefully in Europe in the not too distant future, we’ll need more additions in my opinion

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Wonder what happened to Johnathon David as he won the player of the year in Belgium due to his 23 goals from 40 games plus a shed load of assists. He also scored 11 goals for Canada in 12 games. He was the first player we put an offer in for and his club accepted, yet the player wanted to go to Lille, so we went out and bought Rodrigo. David hasn't scored and hasn't really contributed?

15. Eireleeds1

So we dodged another bullet there

16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I agree, we could do with more signings but not the Wilshires of this world. He’s 28 and he’s been ‘promising’ or ‘possibly worldly’ for what 10 of those years? There is obviously something about him his previous managers are not happy with so he’d never fit in under Bielsa

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

For all you stato’s and those that think Bamford should get a call up for England. These are the best 6 strikers to score against the top 6 clubs. Then see what players dont make the cut and I include Harry Kane. Bamford isnt looked at for obvious reasons yet:
    1. Rashford 9 goals in 12 games
    2. Aubameyang 8 goals in 14 games
    3. Ings 9 goals in 15 games
    4. Mane7 goals in 15 games
    5. Vardy 7 goals in 15 games
    6. D C-L 7 goals in 15 games

18. Eireleeds1

I susoec it’s probably a tiny number who will be able to fulfill Bielsas requirements

ristac likes this.
  19. Eireleeds1

Don’t forget Engerland are not his only options Doc <ok>

Doc and Eric Le Merde like this.
  20. wakeybreakyheart

J
    Is the clue in his first name?

Eireleeds1 likes this.