1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Long Bans for Pakistan players!

Discussion in 'International Cricket' started by RDFC Will, Feb 5, 2011.

1. RDFC Will

RDFC Will New Member

What do you all make of this then? Butt gets a ten year ban, Asif seven years and Amir gets Five.

Personally I think that it is a harsh decision especially for young Amir who looked to have such a promising career ahead of him. I can see him getting a reduced ban on appeal, but as for the other two especially Butt I don't think it's likely they will ever play again.

Thoughts?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/pakistan/9388422.stm

2. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

The ICC makes it very clear if you're involved in match fixing, you have it coming. Deserved bans, don't see why they don't all get 10 years.

3. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Sorry for being thick but I don't fully understand the wording of these bans. Amir's ban is self explanatory, he gets five years. Butt gets 10 years but only 5 of which are suspended, Asif got 7 years but is only suspended for 2? Can someone please explain to my moronic self why they're saying Butt is serving a 10 year ban but only 5 year suspension and Asif has got a 7 year ban but only a 2 year suspension?

4. RDFC Will

RDFC Will New Member

Basically it means that once they start playing again If the commit any miore offences in that period then they will serve out the rest of the ban.

5. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Ah right thank you, I see now, so basically if they do anything wrong, however how trivial it is, they'll serve the whole ban? Right thanks for that :emoticon-0100-smile

6. RDFC Will

RDFC Will New Member

Yup thats the ticket

7. fairweatherfan

Problem is that now all the records of matches these players took part in are sullied and brought into question. Also suspect that this is just the tip of a dirty iceberg.