1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lonely Lingfield Monday the 25th March

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by heisenburg, Mar 25, 2013.

1. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

here it is gang 1 meet today at Lonely leafy Lingers

2. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Morning, crew. I would have thought that anyone who wagers today is either ‘in the know’ or ‘in need of a straightjacket’. I’ll leave the old regular readers to decide who falls into which category. No need to exercise an opinion re me though as I’m waving the ‘no bet’ banner like a lunatic right now.

Meanwhile, any of the great brains know if the Mares races and the rich DBS Bumper from Newbury’s lost Saturday card will be rescheduled???

3. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

There is a lot of twitter chatter asking for a rescheduled meeting Barney. Mainly led by Honeyball and Pipe.

4. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

I'm surprised no one's mentioned it already, so I will - Kingsbarns doubtful for the 2000 Guineas. There. I've done it.

5. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

wasnt going to have a bet but notice that Marmot Bay is turned out again in the 2nd, was 2nd of 3 yesterday beating Hayleys hotpot and looked to run ok, 5lb claimer on today so why not

6. ffctom_b

ffctom_b Member

had West Leake on my alerts, so might have a cheeky little bet on this one as my notes says it goes well at Lingfield especially when Keniry is up top, as he is today, Currently 6/1.

Although The Happy Hammer may be worth an e/w shout at 16's in this race as it may get a soft lead and not be pegged back.

7. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Yes it appears Kingbarns might end up doubtful for the Guineas.

Day off work today and the snow causing havoc to any plans so as I'm staying in am going to have 7 £1 bets at Lingfield and seeing if we can come out with a level stakes profit.

Only one I would note as interesting is in the opening seller at 2.10 in the shape of Mr Green. On ratings, Prince of Burma is well clear but Robert Tarts 5lb claim brings the theoretical gap abck down to 10lb between them. That is if you assume Prince of Burma runs to its mark. I would take a chance that the horse might not- all its best runs are in bigger fields with a better pace to aim at- and was far too keen when leading last time, so might end up undoing its own chances. This is the first time Mr Flood has booked Robert Tart and I think it is interesting he has waited for a selling race to do so. The horse is crying out for 1m having stayed on late over 6 and 7f so far in its career, whilst it found 10f slightly too far. With Tart's 5lb claim, the horse is better off with every other rival in the race than it should be (bar Prince of Burma), 2lb better off with Alhaban, 1lb better off than Abhaath, 14lb better terms than The Noble Ord, and 25lb better terms with Simpson Millar. 9/1 loooks worth a £1 shot.

8. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

Mr Green been withdrawn, lots of movement on the boards , one i am drawn to is attwaters Kindia in the last, down in the right grade, has won going away in france at 9f, so i expect it to get the trip here, its been backed into 12/1 from 16--so a worthy e/w shout.