1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic London Calling: Summer Holidays Abroad 2021 in doubt?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Blond Bombshell, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

I'm with you on that one. Labour and Conservatives have made a mess of it. Labour with their privatisation contracts and the Conservatives have always under funded the service.

2. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

My biggest concern is the current situarion being used to drive the private healthcare agenda

The Norton Cat likes this.
  3. Saf

I don't see any of the parties ever going past the stage of trying to win votes by frightening the public with their NHS statements.

If one of those two ever sell it off they'll never get into power, again. That will be the end of them. They know it's sacred to us.

4. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

all the big players in Germany France Netherlands etc are all private

5. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

Not clever enough to double qutye @Saff and @Makemstine Roger posts.

Saff, I do believe we will have a sell of via the back door, especially after this

Rog, I wouldn't know, but I quite like the fact the best treatment in the world is available to everyone, despite how deep their pockets are

old lads fan and Saf like this.
  6. Saf

I was in Jamaica and they were telling me that they always had private healthcare. Then that went to free healthcare and within 6 months of doing so they were screaming for it to go back to private.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  7. Saf

I'll be surprised, Chunk. I've heard that rhetoric for decades, there's always a reason why it will be sold off but it never is.

8. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

I really hope your right mate, I'd rather pay an extra bit of tax to know that people that need it can access it

The Norton Cat likes this.
  9. Makemstine Roger

your'e right mate the NHS is fantastic but we are the only ones who use it all the western world are on private because the cost is prohibitive,we needed restrictions in place long ago but loads of **** happened EU citizens coming here with diseases and medical problems which we treated, 3rd world country people coming here on holiday but having expensive operations or giving birth,wheelchair people from 3 world counties without help for them, Coming to the only place that will give a decent standard of life.You cant blame them everyone would in that position problem is we the tax payer cant afford it or look after the worlds ills, hard decisions will have to be made to keep the health-service a world leader in treatment, trouble is its taking longer every year to get treatment due to the abuse.Glad i don't have to make the decisions which will have to be made.

10. Saf

Likewise <ok>

I don't think we'll be waiting long to do so mind, once life returns to some sort of normality you can be sure our taxes will be rising.

The Norton Cat and Chunksafc like this.

11. Saf

This is where we have been let down by our governments, mate. If for example, a Dutch bloke comes over to England and needs to use the NHS, we are well within our rights to send the bill over to the Netherlands. We never do it though and we the taxpayer foots the bill for it. We would save billions if we started to enforce that on every Non-Brit using the service.

Makemstine Roger and Chunksafc like this.
  12. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

That's the million dollar answer. Red and blue have both ignored this. But it doesn't make major headlines, so is hardly every reported.

13. Makemstine Roger

the problem is denying aid to someone in need, Europe would be screaming at us if we did deny yet ive lived in the Netherlands you try going to a hospital for something wrong without the card, they will say no and ignore you same in Germany and France Belgium Spain Italy yet they all treat illegals with no documentation totally free then tell the tax payer we cannot afford to treat that's its too expensive .Then stop treating none tax payers simples.

Chunksafc likes this.
  14. Saf

'Fail to prepare and you're preparing to fail'

Coronavirus: EU anger over reduced Pfizer vaccine deliveries - BBC News

Coronavirus: EU anger over reduced Pfizer vaccine deliveries

About a third of the 27 EU governments reported having "insufficient" vaccine doses at a meeting this week, Reuters reported citing a participant.

Lithuania said it would now get only half as many Pfizer vaccine doses as promised until mid-February.

Belgium said it expected to receive about half the planned doses in January.

Elsewhere in the world, Turkey said it had vaccinated half a million people in two days with vaccines developed by China's Sinovac Biotech.

The figures suggest Turkey vaccinated more people on the first day of its rollout than France did in almost three weeks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are already showing a massive benefit to us leaving the European Union.

15. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

I don't think anyone could even attempt to argue that our vaccine roll out is unbelievable and the envy of most of the world

16. Makemstine Roger

except on here we do have some which is a shame

Whittylad, Saf and Chunksafc like this.
  17. Saf

Sadly slaying the Conservative party/Boris Johnson is more important to some.

Anyway, I'm off now for the night. Take it easy lads and keep safe :emoticon-0148-yes:

18. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Undoubtedly. I don't think you can go through something like this and not expect taxes to rise. The government, no matter what you think of the job they've done, have borrowed huge amounts of money for the public good. That money has to be paid back somehow.

Makemstine Roger and Chunksafc like this.
  19. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

The one thing that you can rely on is that British scientists are of the highest calibre.

20. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

The density differs markedly depending on the boundary you use. Ile de France is a much bigger area than Greater London, for instance.
    Ile de France: 12,000 sq km
    Greater London: 1,569 sq km

they're about the same density if you're comparing the combined central area, suburbs and broader catchment ie the functional urban area. you'd need to add the home counties contiguos to London to make them comparable to Il de France.

Smug in Boots likes this.