1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Loan signings - who pays the wages?

Discussion in 'The Championship' started by SuperSaintLY, Mar 23, 2012.

1. SuperSaintLY

SuperSaintLY New Member

I must admit to not knowing a great deal about loan signings and how they work, and am not here to have a go at anyone, but can someone explain to me how some teams send players out on loan so as to reduce their wage bill, as Portsmouth have done, yet they are able to take players from other teams on loan, but the parent club still pays the wages.

Surely, it should work the same way, regardless of loaning out or in. Either the parent club pays the wages for the players they loan out, or the club receiving the loan player pays the wages. Surely it can't work both ways (although it obviously does) as that could give an unfair advantage to a club who, in this case, has a few financial challenges, in that they don't have to pay for the players coming in or going out.

A good deal if you can get it!!

I don't understand.

2. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

All loan deals are different. Some times the parent club will pay all, sometimes the other club pay all and sometimes they just pay a pacentage

Its sorted by the clubs when they negotiate a deal

3. POMPEY__Ant

POMPEY__Ant Active Member

in Portsmouth's case we have only loaned players out when a substantial loan fee has been payed up front and when the club that take them take full responsibility for the players wages. on the other hand the players we have taken on loan are young and not "ready" for their teams so have been loaned for free with wages paid in full by the parent club on the grounds that they are gaining experience.

4. Matthew

Matthew New Member

We are paying less than half of Mullins' wage. But did give a loan fee.