1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lloyd Kelly - Has His Bubble Burst?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Feb 14, 2019.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Bristol City legend calls for fan support for Lloyd Kelly as youngster endures poor game
    The youngster was replaced at half-time

Brian Tinnion has called for Bristol City fans to get behind the club's youngsters when they are enduring a poor match.

The Robins legend issued the call on social media after Lloyd Kelly suffered from a poor performance in the first half against QPR.

He tweeted: "We support and back our young players, if they have a blip they need you even more, Lloyd Kelly."

Kelly was chosen to start for the Robins over Jay Dasilva, but struggled in the first half before being replaced at half-time.

Speaking about Kelly's performance, Robins boss Lee Johnson backed the player to bounce back quickly.

He said: "He’s fine. Obviously he’ll be disappointed because nobody wants to get taken off at half-time but we won the game. He’s going to be a massive part of our future.

"I’ve talked about that potential that he’s got. Obviously he’s an England player, he’s a fantastic player, a fantastic lad and we’ll just go through his clips like we normally do.

"He played some fantastic passes as well. It wasn’t necessarily based on him not performing, it was based on a team issue. We needed a particular attribute that the team didn’t have at that moment. I had to make the change and go for it."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-legend-calls-fan-2540493

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

A brilliant prospect, played for England u21's, 34 appearances at senior level, Man Utd and Liverpool rumours, yet we have dropped him from several games and withdrawn him from others, recently his performance levels have dipped, has it all gone to his head? was he played to soon? has his bubble burst.

I really rate this guy but I don't want to see his prospects fail, what should his next steps be, a break, more play at senior level, back in the development squad, he has got to be so careful, he is a great lad.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  3. Red Squid

Red Squid Well-Known Member

Don't believe his bubble has burst at all. Excellent when given his chance to shine but his form has dipped after a promising start. I mentioned previously that I was concerned that he loses/gives the ball away quite dangerously. But all that is a learning experience, as is being subbed at half time. He will be fine and is a great prospect for the future. Many of us believed he was destined for a transfer to a premiership club only a few weeks ago.

LJ mentioned that he is a young England player, real talent is recognised and which player at any age played at the top of his form all the time?

I am pleased he is one of ours and look forward to him regaining his form and once again being a regular in the team, probably as a central defender.

4. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Error is part of the process. Defenders including top class ones will make mistakes as they learn. Whether Kelly will be allowed to is a differing matter.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

there are times when what has been drummed into you reach's a dark bit … you get told to do it this way but in the heat of the moment you do it your way or you hesitate between the 2 …. bit like centre forwards score most match's then suddenly don't for weeks what is neede is support, fans support

6. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

He is not as attack minded as Dasilva and slows the game down which is frustrating on our current form. He’s probably a better player when we’re up against it and have to defend rather than attack. It’s also probably because he’s not really a full back but a centre half. He will come again and I’m confident he will be a class centre back

7. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

The kid is not a left back and is not in Dasilva class in this position.

A centre back is his position.

Slows the game up and makes some horrendous mistakes he is lacking in concentration.