1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liverpool FC; The Swansea Obsession ^

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by TheBallWinner, Aug 20, 2012.

1. TheBallWinner

TheBallWinner Member

Greetings, people :). I just wanted to pop by and drop off a piece I wrote about Liverpool and what's going on at Anfield at the moment and wondered if anybody could be kind enough to give it a scan and discuss it on here. Only just done it, got a little bored this afternoon and thought of here straight away. Big fan of Rodgers and can't wait for him to implement some of his ways into the squad but I really believe he needs time. I was kind of inspired to write this when I saw Skrtel and Agger trying to play their way out of danger against WBA and thought to myself "sometimes the hoof is the better option".

It can probably be read better on the site but if site admins want me to paste the whole article on here, that's fine :).

2. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Football journalism is dying. It's just opinion or made up crap that no one really cares about. <ok>

3. Sir Kenny Dalglish

Sir Kenny Dalglish Well-Known Member

This article is just having a go at players without seeing the bigger picture and is somewhat very narrow minded. It could easily have been written by a no-brained no-mark like Charlie Nicholas.

4. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

See my comment above. <ok>

5. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

It's a style of play, it could be called the barca obsession. Really tired of this Swansea stuff now.

6. Sir Kenny Dalglish

Sir Kenny Dalglish Well-Known Member

I made my comment because I agree with you 100%. Some of the journalism I've read is shocking to say the least, and is extremely lazy.

7. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Well-Known Member

I heard Swansea actually invented passing and possession, back in 2006 or so.

8. TheBallWinner

TheBallWinner Member

Hmm, I don't know mate, I think that's kind of rude. I wouldn't turn to you and express my opinion about your 7k+ forum posts on Not606 being made up of crap and nobody caring about them.

I'm struggling to see how it's having a go at the players either to the other poster- it's the complete opposite if anything.

9. Master Yoda

The title of your article is already the epitome of lazy journalism, sorry.

The only people talking about Swansea are the press, or LFC when asked by the press.

10. TheBallWinner

TheBallWinner Member

Yes, that's kind of a point of the whole thing as I mentioned in the first couple of paragraphs. The media and now premiership fans are being fed this, when really it's Liverpool trying to find their own identity. Not copying a sub-standard Swansea.

To be fair, I should have called it the "Tiki-Taka Obsession", I don't know what came over me!

11. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

I am so annoyed of the arrogance of some fans these days. We began the ****ing Barca way; we paved the way for good looking football. Hansen said it himself the other day that in his time they were playing from the back, passing and moving.

All of these swansea fans who don't know their ****ing history, even some of the Barca fans that I've met agree with me that they borrowed their own philosophy of play from successful clubs such as our own and Ajax playing total football. It's not the "swansea way," IT'S OUR WAY!

12. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

If Liverpool wanted to install the superb passing game then its not Rodgers you want its Martinez, He was the master who transformed Swansea into the most talked about club outside the top teams for a few seasons now. Rodgers failed at reading and was sacked after 5 months trying to copy what Martinez was doing with us, He was lucky when he joined us as we were a ready made team and all he did was bring in sinclair and a couple of loanees, He got the credit because we reached the premiership through the lottery of the playoffs and ok he did deserve some credit but he was not the manager who brought the continental style of football to Swansea...It was Martinez....

13. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Jesus Wept not this again. We have Rodgers not Martinez, it is done, nothing else really to add.

14. Master Yoda

<ok>

Fair enough.

15. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

just putting you right son....rodgers was a failed manager at reading and swansea made him falsely into a household name....you have the wrong manager that you will find out as you fight a relegation battle by xmas time.....don't shoot the messenger.....

16. Milk Milk

Milk Milk Well-Known Member

I was in Spain the other day and the chatter I heard everywhere was about Swansea and how Barcelona uses the style of football that they do so that they could live up to their aspirations of being Swansea feeder club.

In Spain most people call Barcelona 'the Iberian Swansea'.

Oh... and just so you know...Real Madrid call themselves the Spanish Bolton.

17. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

Erm........what?

Barcelona completely follow the cruyff total football ideology and cruyff got it from Hungary and one of the Argentina clubs.

Unless you have all been keeping it quiet for years this is the first time I have ever heard Liverpool claim they invented or had any part in total football.

Golden Team - Hungary 1950's
    Cruyffs Ajax - 1970s
    Cruyffs Barcelona - 2000's I say Cruyffs as it was he who implemented it.

These are the clubs that have paved the path of that sort of football.

18. Denny Kalglish

19. Master Yoda

I think Ze is referring to 'pass and move' - the style we adopted after playing Ajax.

20. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

Ah right, thought he was saying you were one of the inventors of total football.